My resignation as a Canucks fan

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
McCaw wasn't that bad of a situation. For the most part he did not interfere. Keenan was remporary and led to bertuzzi who led to Luongo. Great trade by Keenan. That setup the west coast express Era.
Once Gillis was fired ownership has been exposed. That was 8 years ago now? Sure this will eventually pass but not without irrereprable damage. The longer this goes on the longer the damage. Either we need ownership that does not interfere or management that does not allow ownership to interfere
I 100% agree. But the key in your post is “we”. Us Canuck fans (we) are in it for life. Can’t see moving allegiance to another team as some have suggested. “We” have been through a lot of down years and bad situations. “We” will be good again. Do those fans who jumped ship during the bad time come back?

Reactions: megatron

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
I want every single possible worst thing to happen to this franchise, including Pettersson laughing and buggering off asap, and Rachel Doerrie making them look awful publicly when the human rights thing picks back up(I have no actual opinion of the Doerrie situation. I wasn’t there and I don’t know what happened) until that “come to Jesus” moment for ownership.
Are you still boycotting the team over Rachel Dorrie? :laugh:

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Are you still boycotting the team over Rachel Dorrie? :laugh:

Nothing has changed for me outside of this season has been fun. The former employee could be named Jack Smith, Ping Chao, or even Rachel Doerrie, and I side a thousand times out of a thousand with 'em if it means bad for Fatquilini.

Kiss my ass right back atcha.

Reactions: Indiana

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Ok. I'm still going to suffer and not spend any money on the team.
Just to follow up: I started spending money on this team again. I've been to three games.

Pretty shocking that the key to fan engagement was icing a good team with competent people at the helm. Hopefully Luigi Aquilini's still keeping Francesco on a short leash, it's definitely working.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Just to follow up: I started spending money on this team again. I've been to three games.

Pretty shocking that the key to fan engagement was icing a good team with competent people at the helm. Hopefully Luigi Aquilini's still keeping Francesco on a short leash, it's definitely working.
I'm thinking:

1713315800203.png

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I don't blame anyone for hitting their limit and rage quitting no matter their reasons, this is supposed to be entertainment not the human sacrifice and massacre it was for almost a decade, and anyone who did rage quit is welcome back anytime.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Is anyone petty enough to take notes of names

I’m too lazy to do that but there were some “comments” in this thread lol

Nothing has changed for me outside of this season has been fun. The former employee could be named Jack Smith, Ping Chao, or even Rachel Doerrie, and I side a thousand times out of a thousand with 'em if it means bad for Fatquilini.

Kiss my ass right back atcha.
Aren’t you a kracken’s fan now?
Or was that the others

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I admit to have made a similar thread before the start if this season.

Not resigning, but taking a leave of absence. As you can see, I haven't exactly followed through on that (I should get into politics!)

But hey, can you blame me? Who really predicted the season they are having? :)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I won't speak for the others but I personally cannot stand Seattle teams.
I couldn't do it in the NHL. You'll feel like a damn outsider when they start singing their national anthem or some idiots start a "USA USA!" chant when they're in a playoff series against a Canadian team.

NFL, MLB, NBA(hopefully), then sure.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I couldn't do it in the NHL. You'll feel like a damn outsider when they start singing their national anthem or some idiots start a "USA USA!" chant when they're in a playoff series against a Canadian team.

NFL, MLB, NBA(hopefully), then sure.
Dodgers (Ohtani fans)
Nuggets (Jokic fan)
Man United

That’s it for me

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If you guys hate me now I completely understand, but I can't support the Aquilini group anymore. They think they're still in 2011 but are at the verge of getting worse, worse, and worse. Pretty much a bigger dumpsterfire since the Oilers. All I find the Aquilini's don't care about the fans of the Vancouver Canucks with the rich history of Trevor Linden, and you would've thought the franchise would've learned from Mark Messier, but now it's basically them handing the franchise to JT Miller who has been a cancer for this team (loved him in the first year, but now he's acting like it's his team).

But after the news about Tocchet coming in JUST for JT Miller, who literally put Delia under the spot for not going to the bench in an unprofessional manner, just shows how much of a joke this franchise is. Even signing him to that dumb contract. This whole season has been a dumpster fire, and they deserve to be last place. Mind you, the Canucks need to liquidate that entire team as it stands now. I thought Boudreau was doing a great job too.

I might return if they get new ownership, get rid of Miller, but for now I am moving onto the Seattle Kraken considering I had a soft spot for them since the beginning.

LMAO.

JT Miller is pretty much the straw that stirs the drink.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Surprisingly the horrid 10 years of Jim Benning couldn't of happened at a better time for me and my life. My son was born in 2011 and after his birth I went from watching every single Canucks game never missing one, to occasionally missing parts of the period. To missing all sorts of games. Luckily for me this was all in the Jim Benning era. Now my son is 11, my daughter is 5 and independent, I never miss a game.

Love it

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I don't blame anyone for hitting their limit and rage quitting no matter their reasons, this is supposed to be entertainment not the human sacrifice and massacre it was for almost a decade, and anyone who did rage quit is welcome back anytime.
Sure, but making a thread to announce it on this board is cringe beyond measure.

Usually people who do this sort of thing are looking for the "no, pls stay" energy from people.

Making a thread is being an attention whore to the max. Just stop watching/posting on the boards.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Surprisingly the horrid 10 years of Jim Benning couldn't of happened at a better time for me and my life. My son was born in 2011 and after his birth I went from watching every single Canucks game never missing one, to occasionally missing parts of the period. To missing all sorts of games. Luckily for me this was all in the Jim Benning era. Now my son is 11, my daughter is 5 and independent, I never miss a game.

Love it

Don't have any more kids, please

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad