My resignation as a Canucks fan

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
I don't mean this to sound gate keepy, everyone is allowed to do as the please and cheer for who they want, and how they want.

However to me, and again not to be gatekeepy, you do you, being a fan is always following the team. You might not like what they da, they may drive you crazy, and at times you may fade in interest. But they are always your team. This also doesn't mean you can't cheer for other teams, I know I have cheered for other teams, but still always cheer for the your team in some way. Always want the best for them.
1674436763271.gif

Killer Orcas

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Not a fan of owner but the team and will always be. I've seen plenty owners and will see plenty more but I'll always be a Canucks fan I've invested too much to bail now. Been here since 82 and seen plenty of heartache.

Reactions: December5th

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean the only “forced” sales or those that were highly encouraged following some disturbing information were Richardson of the nfl Panthers, Sterling of the nba Clippers, Sarver of the nba Suns. Common denominator is that their ownership stake was theirs not part of a family like the Aquilinis.
Unfortunately our jerks have nepotismed their way all over the place.

And with the way the Canucks have spread out their money making, there would have to be a wholesale boycott to do anything to the pocket books to have them want to sell.

Maybe his ex-wife absolutely cleans Frank out, and gets his portion of the shares?

Oof.

Ninjadude

Oct 25, 2018
So dramatic. You’ll be back when they make the playoffs…. Might not be for a few years, but eventually.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I feel for the OP and all fans who have been here longer than me. I wont humiliate or laugh for no longer wanting to be a fan, as its frustrating. Maybe @BORAT53 is more of a fan than blind followers who are trying to antagonize the OP for venting his/her frustration. If he/she comes back or not who cares, OP is venting frustration like a lot of us do here in different ways

The 'not a real fan' thing is hilarious garbage tho. Who cares, its an online forum, you dont like the topic, move along to another thread

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Never going to give up, will never surrender. However, will continue to avoid giving any money to the organization will Frankie Turd Blueberries continues to be a useless prick.

Predictions -
1 - The Horvat saga will play out just like the JTM saga last year.
2 - The Canucks will attempt to retool for another 20 years.
3 - The Canucks will actually make the playoffs next year, leaving LP in a quandary.

Been living and dying this team for 53 years, why quit now.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Typically when someone stats a thread like this, my reaction is that are not really a true fan. But actually in this instance, the OP is actually a true fan by not being a fan anymore or atleast for the foreseeable future. This team needed to go,through a rebuild years and years ago when the sedans declined. But Aquilini wanted his playoff $$ and pushed Benning to compete now which subsequently lead to horrible signings and trades. Add in the fact of this Bruce boudreau fiasco and true fans of this team would stay the hell away from giving any of your hard earned money to force ownership to sell. That is the only resolution.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If you guys hate me now I completely understand, but I can't support the Aquilini group anymore. They think they're still in 2011 but are at the verge of getting worse, worse, and worse. Pretty much a bigger dumpsterfire since the Oilers. All I find the Aquilini's don't care about the fans of the Vancouver Canucks with the rich history of Trevor Linden, and you would've thought the franchise would've learned from Mark Messier, but now it's basically them handing the franchise to JT Miller who has been a cancer for this team (loved him in the first year, but now he's acting like it's his team).

But after the news about Tocchet coming in JUST for JT Miller, who literally put Delia under the spot for not going to the bench in an unprofessional manner, just shows how much of a joke this franchise is. Even signing him to that dumb contract. This whole season has been a dumpster fire, and they deserve to be last place. Mind you, the Canucks need to liquidate that entire team as it stands now. I thought Boudreau was doing a great job too.

I might return if they get new ownership, get rid of Miller, but for now I am moving onto the Seattle Kraken considering I had a soft spot for them since the beginning.

You should probably become a fan of Team Kazakhstan then...

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
When travelling North America back in 95 Vancouver was one of my favorite cities, loved the city, you guys will be back quickly.

Reactions: DFAC and Bgav

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
As an Oilers fan that went through...

Lowe
Tambellini
MacTavish
Chiarelli
Quinn
Renney
Kruger
Eakins
Nelson
McLellan
Hitchcock
Tippett

and now Holland and Woodcroft....14 men trying to turn around a dumpster fire,

I feel for you guys. The light at the end of the tunnel seems far away, and hard times are ahead. I understand, and have been there.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
When travelling North America back in 95 Vancouver was one of my favorite cities, loved the city, you guys will be back quickly.
Back to where though, if you mean back to barely missing the playoffs and drafting 15th every year, then we will get back soon.

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
look at this and ask yourself why you're still a fan: NHL Records

Actually a little surprised, the all time record is a bit worse than I thought. Bottom quartile for sure but not second last bad (Kraken do not count, second season in).

Other surprises were Buffalo, the only other team who's played as long as the Canucks without a cup, doing much better all time (but still nothing to show for it), and Tampa and Chicago both being lower than I thought they'd be.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Thats hella depressing. Wonder what the stats looked like before Benning took over compared to other teams..
All I know is under his reign, we were 26th in the league in point percentage. He might have left us in cap hell w no talent pipeline, but at least we had a couple non bottom 5 finishes mixed in!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad