My resignation as a Canucks fan

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The rest of the NHL is finally come to the realization about the Canucks that local fans have known about for years. This organization is a #$@%-show.

Traditionally the rest of the league doesn't pay much attention to the Canucks. They're just another lousy 'West Coast team and their games are only on the telly after everybody in the East has long gone to bed.

I don't know if it was some of the ugly court battles involving the Aquilini's; a star player like Quinn Hughes raising the alarm about the injury treatment of Tanner Pearson; or the Boudreau meltdown, but the rest of the NHL has finally caught on. "What the hell is going on in Vancouver", they're finally asking?

So the Canucks ownership and front office have finally managed to make the Canucks league-wide pariah. Take a bow guys. At least they're talking about the Canucks--even if it's for all the wrong reasons.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
For f***ING god sake.

As a fan for the past 30 years.

I hope this team gets shelled the next 3 games(if not the rest of the way). How dirty this franchise did Boudreau is sickening and classless, but I didn't expect Aqualini + Rutherford to know about class.

Boudreau was not the problem, and this is my resignation and final straw as a Canucks fan. If anyone if management sees this, f*** you mother f***ers. How dirty you've done this franchise since 2014 is maddening, aka a f***ing 9 year and f***ing continuing rebuild... . Once again f*** the Canucks and their f***ING MANAGEMENT.

This will be my final post, and I will definetly not be renewing for season tickets. f*** THIS TEAM.

Chrysalis99

Fredo Fatquilini SUCKS
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2021
Danbury Trashers
Aquilini needs to give up. The organization is a complete $hit $how thats embarrassing its fans, his family and the city. Ever since he put his stamp on the team it's been a tire fire. Now it's a bonfire and painful to watch. The guy might be a philanthropy giant but his family knew he was a knucklehead when he couldn't run the berry farm. They can make a helluva profit by selling, it's beyond time to move on.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
If you guys hate me now I completely understand, but I can't support the Aquilini group anymore. They think they're still in 2011 but are at the verge of getting worse, worse, and worse. Pretty much a bigger dumpsterfire since the Oilers. All I find the Aquilini's don't care about the fans of the Vancouver Canucks with the rich history of Trevor Linden, and you would've thought the franchise would've learned from Mark Messier, but now it's basically them handing the franchise to JT Miller who has been a cancer for this team (loved him in the first year, but now he's acting like it's his team).

But after the news about Tocchet coming in JUST for JT Miller, who literally put Delia under the spot for not going to the bench in an unprofessional manner, just shows how much of a joke this franchise is. Even signing him to that dumb contract. This whole season has been a dumpster fire, and they deserve to be last place. Mind you, the Canucks need to liquidate that entire team as it stands now. I thought Boudreau was doing a great job too.

I might return if they get new ownership, get rid of Miller, but for now I am moving onto the Seattle Kraken considering I had a soft spot for them since the beginning.

Who are you?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Actually a little surprised, the all time record is a bit worse than I thought. Bottom quartile for sure but not second last bad (Kraken do not count, second season in).

Other surprises were Buffalo, the only other team who's played as long as the Canucks without a cup, doing much better all time (but still nothing to show for it), and Tampa and Chicago both being lower than I thought they'd be.
It doesn't turn things completely on its head, but all-time charts like that are also corrupted by the fact that newer teams have been around for (1) salary cap parity and (2) 3-point games for much more of their lifetime than older teams. So your Floridae and Columbi have inflated records because they get "wins" in place of half their ties, and "SO/OTL" points in place of actual OT losses. It's also the reason why seemingly all newer coaches have "better" records than all older coaches with traditionally poor teams (like Torts for the Canucks).

And why I fight so vehemently against fans believing that tie games are anything other than what they are, and celebrating shootout wins like the team played better than if they got a shootout loss.

Gurn

Jan 23, 2023
50 yrs of being a Canuck Fan, and their current management is so disgustingly bad- I left their corporate web forum, as I can not have any of my money going into Aqua's pockets- even if it is fractions of pennies, in advertising revenue.
I completely understand leaving the team totally.
honestly- if they screw up the Horvat trade, I'd predict many, many more fans leaving.
" Doc, every time I slam my forehead into a wall, it hurts like hell".
Easiest team to 'adopt' would be the expansion twin Buffalo Sabres.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
For f***ING god sake.

As a fan for the past 30 years.

I hope this team gets shelled the next 3 games(if not the rest of the way). How dirty this franchise did Boudreau is sickening and classless, but I didn't expect Aqualini + Rutherford to know about class.

Boudreau was not the problem, and this is my resignation and final straw as a Canucks fan. If anyone if management sees this, f*** you mother f***ers. How dirty you've done this franchise since 2014 is maddening, aka a f***ing 9 year and f***ing continuing rebuild... . Once again f*** the Canucks and their f***ING MANAGEMENT.

This will be my final post, and I will definetly not be renewing for season tickets. f*** THIS TEAM.
Happy to see you go! Good
Luck.

Reactions: Russian_fanatic

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
50 yrs of being a Canuck Fan, and their current management is so disgustingly bad- I left their corporate web forum, as I can not have any of my money going into Aqua's pockets- even if it is fractions of pennies, in advertising revenue.
honestly- if they screw up the Horvat trade, I'd predict many, many more fans leaving.
Just don’t consume the product. That’s what I’ve done this season. Spent just under an hour this season watching the team. No reason to once I saw the shine from BB’s initial run wear off.

Team is a disaster. Don’t know how to make a plan. Just throw stuff at the wall and hope it sticks.

So not giving them any of my money.

Reactions: Oleksiak and Gurn

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
I am definitely tuning this team out until Mr Aquilini sells the franchise. I dont care if a team stinks but has a bright future I ll tune in but the Vancouver Canucks future is dim & ownership is content to keep churning the same philosophy over & over & over again.

Ill still be here but ill mainly laugh at this franchise now

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Aquilini needs to give up. The organization is a complete $hit $how thats embarrassing its fans, his family and the city. Ever since he put his stamp on the team it's been a tire fire. Now it's a bonfire and painful to watch. The guy might be a philanthropy giant but his family knew he was a knucklehead when he couldn't run the berry farm. They can make a helluva profit by selling, it's beyond time to move on.

Do the Aquilini’s know they are the most despised owners in the NHL?

Reactions: Fatass

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
With the signing of Kuzmenko, and pending the assets coming back for Horvat, this team is basically 'set' for the next three seasons.

Just about everybody has a three-year contract, and more than half of those contracts are untradeable, unless the Canucks take back money or throw draft picks on to the pile. And of course that's next to impossible.

So what you see, is what you get. At this point a defensive train-wreck of a team with a number of players set for serious decline. At this point, they're in lottery land forever.

Meantime the rest of the Pacific Division is improving every year, while Canucks just keep spinning their wheels. No wonder fans in VanCity are overcome with hopelessness.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
With the signing of Kuzmenko, and pending the assets coming back for Horvat, this team is basically 'set' for the next three seasons.

Just about everybody has a three-year contract, and more than half of those contracts are untradeable, unless the Canucks take back money or throw draft picks on to the pile. And of course that's next to impossible.

So what you see, is what you get. At this point a defensive train-wreck of a team with a number of players set for serious decline. At this point, they're in lottery land forever.

Meantime the rest of the Pacific Division is improving every year, while Canucks just keep spinning their wheels. No wonder fans in VanCity are overcome with hopelessness.

Our owner deployed his useless son to run the team, while the 'competent' ones are on the sidelines looking at the state of the franchise in disgust.

No wonder we are hopeless with this bunch, old man Luigi wants a winner.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Aquilini needs to give up.
Message to our owner
1674780450715.png

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
They didn't fully understand the extent of damage that was done during the Benning era. This will last at least 6 more years. What needed and always was is a full rebuild (idgaf about our 'stars' right now, we need a FULL REBUILD). But yea...it seems like they are still too arrogant to realize this, so it will probably take much much longer.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
They didn't fully understand the extent of damage that was done during the Benning era. This will last at least 6 more years. What needed and always was is a full rebuild (idgaf about our 'stars' right now, we need a FULL REBUILD). But yea...it seems like they are still too arrogant to realize this, so it will probably take much much longer.
Benning didn't run this franchise in a vacuum, and the owner was defending him right up until the point where he was forced to fire him because of basically a fan-revolt.

Sadly for the Canuck fans, it's a new management team but the same owner. And it doesn't appear than anything will change very much.

Reactions: Kevinsane

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
BORAT53'S exit so pales in comparison to this guy who died recently.

“Russell would’ve liked to have had 6 of the Vancouver Canucks to be his pallbearers so they could have let him down one last time.”

I think some of you guys are being a little hard on the guy though, even if he is wrong about "Tocchet coming in JUST for JT Miller." Every single one of us has been where he is to one degree or another in our lives.

Being a Canucks fan is one of the most difficult things a person can do in life. And why do we do it? Because it is difficult. It's more difficult than climbing Everest, more difficult than mastering the violin, and more difficult than training an Irish setter to fetch. It is more difficult than parenting triplets, more difficult than becoming a surgeon, and even more difficult than teaching a woman how to drive stick. Indeed, being a Canucks fan is sometimes even painful. It can be more painful than passing kidney stones that are big enough to knock downrange on your favourite golf course. Some of us are going to crack from time to time. We will scream out in agony just like BORAT53 has. After over 50 years as a fan of this team and witnessing three failed Stanley Cup runs, I certainly have. But... we pick ourselves up and climb back up that mountain, and if we fall off again, we climb back up one more time. And then, as we remind ourselves of our purpose in life, as we stand on the mountaintop, as we declare our solidarity with our fellow Canucks fans who like BORAT53 are in the depths of despair, and as we extend our hand to help our brothers and sisters out of the abyss, we declare, indeed, we shout at the very top of our lungs, proudly, "WE ARE VANCOUVER CANUCKS FANS!"

So, again, let's not be too hard on the guy.

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yup. Very easy to not like this owner and management. But we’ve been ugly before (McCaw-Keenan) and it passed.

Reactions: Gurn

megatron

Dec 11, 2016
Yup. Very easy to not like this owner and management. But we’ve been ugly before (McCaw-Keenan) and it passed.
McCaw wasn't that bad of a situation. For the most part he did not interfere. Keenan was remporary and led to bertuzzi who led to Luongo. Great trade by Keenan. That setup the west coast express Era.
Once Gillis was fired ownership has been exposed. That was 8 years ago now? Sure this will eventually pass but not without irrereprable damage. The longer this goes on the longer the damage. Either we need ownership that does not interfere or management that does not allow ownership to interfere

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
lol, if I really wanted to quit, I would have quit back in 2014.

Never understood "moving on" to another city that I have no ties with. I would rather just not follow the NHL anymore instead of follow another team. Watching Netflix shows for 2.5 hrs in the evening is a better option imho.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Just don't give them money thats what I do.

People that bitch about the direction of the team yet but jerseys and go to games are part of the problem

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If you guys hate me now I completely understand, but I can't support the Aquilini group anymore. They think they're still in 2011 but are at the verge of getting worse, worse, and worse. Pretty much a bigger dumpsterfire since the Oilers. All I find the Aquilini's don't care about the fans of the Vancouver Canucks with the rich history of Trevor Linden, and you would've thought the franchise would've learned from Mark Messier, but now it's basically them handing the franchise to JT Miller who has been a cancer for this team (loved him in the first year, but now he's acting like it's his team).

But after the news about Tocchet coming in JUST for JT Miller, who literally put Delia under the spot for not going to the bench in an unprofessional manner, just shows how much of a joke this franchise is. Even signing him to that dumb contract. This whole season has been a dumpster fire, and they deserve to be last place. Mind you, the Canucks need to liquidate that entire team as it stands now. I thought Boudreau was doing a great job too.

I might return if they get new ownership, get rid of Miller, but for now I am moving onto the Seattle Kraken considering I had a soft spot for them since the beginning.

We will miss your 11 posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad