My Hart, Norris, and Vezina winners today are ...

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Kucherov is going to lose because he isn't Canadian - it doesn't matter if he has more points or not
I'm sorry, but this is total BS, I see it all the time, yet there are several examples of non-Canadians winning the Hart even when there are Canadians ahead of them in scoring.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I will ask you this then . How many Jets games have you watched this year with Helle playing and how many with Brois ? How many of Daccord and how many of Grub ? Or are you just using SV% as your ultimate deciding factor ?

There should be many factors going into your decision . GAA , SV % , Wins , games played etc... as well with some analytics . Add them all up and the choice is pretty obvious to most .
I've watched more Jets game than I ever cared to this year between my buddy having partial season tickets and going out with other friends. Brossoit looks surprisingly great behind that team.

Admittedly not much of Seattle but Daccord sure looks great when I have.

There are many factors that go into my decision. The biggest point in Hellebuyck's favor is his 10 more games than Daccord

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
It is a bit crazy seeing how many people have put Makar, when even Avs fans think he's struggled defensively this season.

He's going to win a few more in his career, you don't need to force it during his off-years.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Having Makar there is an insult for how he has played this year defensively. Makar being named in this thread is one of the reason why Mack deserves Hart. And hey don't get me wrong I'm not saying Kuch and McDavid doesn't deserve it.
Karlsson and Josi won and got second for years when they played shit defence so….. Makar can easily get a second place vote and deserve it as much as those guys did, especially if he hits 90 points.

Nico13

Nov 29, 2021
Switzerland
Kucherov is not going to win the Hart.
The fight is very close, in their subconscious the majority of the voters will not vote high enough for the Russian when it comes to deciding the first three but rather for one of the Canadians.

Matthews could have a word in the conversation if he scores 70 goals but they already give him one in 2022 for the 60 goals season. But he was "only" 16 points behind the leader McDavid. This time he has 3 players with 28+ more points than him (at this point).

My picks:

Kucherov
Josi
Hellebuyck

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Karlsson and Josi won and got second for years when they played shit defence so….. Makar can easily get a second place vote and deserve it as much as those guys did, especially if he hits 90 points.
Yeah but to me as I said it would be an insult. Don't know how their fans felt about their poor defensive play but for us Avs fans we know Makar can be much much better than that. Most of the media anointed him the best dman before the year started.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Why is Helle going to beat Demko so easily? If anyone is benefitting from strong skaters defense wouldn't it be playing in the Bowness Jets system? Whereas the Canucks core seemed like more of an offensive thing to me until Demko's season.

Last edited:

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Yeah but to me as I said it would be an insult. Don't know how their fans felt about their poor defensive play but for us Avs fans we know Makar can be much much better than that. Most of the media anointed him the best dman before the year started.
Bednar has to get him off the pk for a bit. Let him do what he does best and control the game like Hughes and the rest of the top d men. It’s messing with his confidence.

Reactions: Spilot23

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Hart
MacKinnon - 2nd to Kucherov in points, top 5 in goals, plays a solid defensive game

Norris
Makar/Hughes - too close to call

Vezina
Hellebuyck
Kuch carried an under performing team on his make and broke the record for a right wing for assist in a season. Mack has a better team currently and isn't shattering Lemiuex's or Gretsky's record. Kucherov is making history and scoring at a rate never seen before by a right winger. If that isn't the qualifications for MVP then I don't know what else is.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yeah the Norris and Vezina picks are obvious this year.
For the Hart, if I had a pick it would go to Kucherov as he’s way ahead of his teammates. But I think either he and Mack would be a deserving winner. I really don’t see as strong an argument for McDavid this year as the team has at best matched expectations.
Winning the Art Ross probably swings a few votes to the winner as well.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I don't know how you can vote Kucherov when he's only ahead by a couple points and a sieve defensively.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Kuch carried an under performing team on his make and broke the record for a right wingefor assist in a season. Mack has a better team currently and isn't shattering Lemiuex's or Gretsky's record. Kucherov is making history and scoring at a rate never seen before by a right winger. If that isn't the qualifications for MVP then I don't know what else is.

He also is barely a net positive ES and is one of the worst defensive players in the league.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
He also is barely a net positive ES and is one of the worst defensive players in the league.
Actually he isn't one of the worst defensive players in the league. Just some canadian narrative bs. I guess mckinnon isn't good enough defensively to win back to back cups. I haven't seen Mac break the record for the most assist by a centeror or even flirt with it. Mckinnon and McDavis great players, but kucherov is the best this year. We will be telling our grandkids who we think has a chance to break kucherov's record for most assist by a winger.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad