Confirmed with Link: Muzzin signs 5-year extension

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Caps going up by quite a bit next year due to the NHL's new TV contract and the players could also apply the cap escalator if they choose to. The cap can go anywhere in between $74 to $77M.

Let's say the cap is $74M in 2015, that would give the Kings approximately $17.8M in cap space with 13 players under contract (7F-5D-1G).

Pearson, Toffoli, Jones, Clifford, Nolan, Andreoff will all be RFAs, in addition to a number of prospects in Manchester (Weal, Shore, Bodnarchuk, Dowd, LoVerde).

I figure they will let Regehr walk and will probably wait on making a decision on Martinez, Williams and Stoll. If they can retain Martinez at $3M, Stoll takes a cut to stay, and Williams signs an extension in the $4M range, then I think it is possible for most of the team to stay intact.

Captain Mittens*

I do se McNabb's potential to fill Regehr's spot. Will have to wait and see.

Hoping DL finds a way to keep AMart.

That's Jazz hands to you buddy!

AllCandidBeauceron.gif

i2ucSnLobwlLM.gif

tumblr_lsvw5c2lGy1qbp02i.gif

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Caps going up by quite a bit next year due to the NHL's new TV contract and the players could also apply the cap escalator if they choose to. The cap can go anywhere in between $74 to $77M.

Let's say the cap is $74M in 2015, that would give the Kings approximately $17.8M in cap space with 13 players under contract (7F-5D-1G).

Pearson, Toffoli, Jones, Clifford, Nolan, Andreoff will all be RFAs, in addition to a number of prospects in Manchester (Weal, Shore, Bodnarchuk, Dowd, LoVerde).

I figure they will let Regehr walk and will probably wait on making a decision on Martinez, Williams and Stoll. If they can retain Martinez at $3M, Stoll takes a cut to stay, and Williams signs an extension in the $4M range, then I think it is possible for most of the team to stay intact.

I see it shaking out the same way. However I think RR will hang em up. He's constantly injured and playing through pain and has his cup.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA

Half the TV money was already applied this year. And so far the projection for HHR is only +3.5%. Now nobody has said if that includes the other half of the TV deal or not. But the CDN $ is trending lower again and that hurts.
While the players can add the escalator they choose to not add as much this year against Fehrs recommendation.
I was with these numbers last year based off what was going on. But I am really unsure right now what we will see. But the season is still early.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I think Williams will be the #1 priority. I think Stoll is #2. The organization love what those guys bring on and off the ice.

Martinez stays if RR goes. If RR leaves via UFA, they re-sign Martinez...if not, and they re-sign him, I gotta believe they will deal Martinez to let McNabb in full time.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I don't see A-Mart resigning with the Kings, he will be an UFA. He has two cups already, and will want a payday + an increased roll.

That can't happen with Muzzin+Slava making 8.5 million combined as puck movers.

A-Mart will move on. Singing Muzzin long term pretty much sealed A-Mart's fate (unless A-Mart wants to take a deep pay-cut to stay).

A-Mart could easily make 4 to 4.5 million in UFA on a long term deal, with a bubble playoff team. The third pairing puck mover going into next year will have to be filled by an ELC(Forbort/Gravel maybe Ebert).

I think Ebert would be the perfect replacement for A-Mart.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

:laugh: We are solid well handled by DL and crew it is mindbogglingly sick. Lock up Toffoli and PEarson, figure out what to do with Williams, likely let Stoll walk (unless he takes a pay cut), go drink some more kool-aid, repeat.

I could see Stoll sticking around and playing for less just to stay in LA .We all know he loves it here and I can't see him wanting to play anywhere else unless they offer him some crazy money. Plus, Erin Andrews.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Stoll most likely will take another pay cut to remain a King. He is entering the back half of his career. Can't imagine he would want too play anywhere else.

He is a big part of the culture in LA; he is one of the first pro's prospects/traded players are introduced too when arriving in LA.

Last edited:

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Voynov could be traded to make room for Jazz Hands.

It really comes down to which player is worth more to your team. At this point that's a very difficult decision. I believe Martinez is still incredibly underrated by some.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Also depends on what happens over the regular season and playoffs. If Voynov has another slow year and Martinez tears it up, something may happen.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
It really comes down to which player is worth more to your team. At this point that's a very difficult decision. I believe Martinez is still incredibly underrated by some.

and despite his down year last season, i still think Voynov has the been return. the guy is highly coveted by fans league wide.

i will still be bummed to lose either of them. i went through it with Sydor and Zhitnik, that was a train wreck. i hate to see the team lose v2 again.

Captain Mittens*

The problem we are going to have with keeping vets is needing players on ELCs.
The Carter deal is going to look amazing as the cap goes up, but Anze is going to go way up and that'll make ELCs even more important

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I dont see Kopitar as being one of those guys thats wants the big $$. He wants to win and be a part of this team, I would not be surprised if we resigned him for 6.8-7.5M

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
Stoll most likely will take another pay cut to remain a King. He is entering the back half of his career. Can't imagine he would want too play anywhere else.

He is a big part of the culture in LA; he is one of the first pro's prospects/traded players are introduced too when arriving in LA.

Completely agree. According to one of the articles posting on the View from Edmonton at lakingsinsider, Stoll wants to stay here. Stoll is part of the foundation of this team, imo. Glue guy. Like you said, he usually plays host to new players, for example, with Rick.

Captain Mittens*

I dont see Kopitar as being one of those guys thats wants the big $$. He wants to win and be a part of this team, I would not be surprised if we resigned him for 6.8-7.5M
The NHLPA pressures star players , especially in their prime,to not take hometown discounts so their contracts aren't used as comparables in negotiations for other players

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad