Confirmed with Link: Muzzin signs 5-year extension

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
As per LA Kings app!

Beauty deal:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Jake Muzzin signs extension with LA Kings. 5 yrs, $20 million total.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=734665

Jon Rosen @lakingsinsider · 3m 3 minutes ago
And there it is; the release is up.

Jon Rosen @lakingsinsider · 3m 3 minutes ago
Sounding like the #LAKings are close to announcing an extension for defenseman Jake Muzzin.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Congrats to Muzz. What a transformation in a year. I'm very curious on AAV - would love it at $3.5-$4.0, but not sure if that's achievable given the ridiculous contracts we've seen over the past few years.

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
awesome...holding my breath for amount ...out of the 'big' five (Muzz, AMart, RR, Stoll, JW) always expected he'd stay ..i think RR and Amart are gone

Ron*

I'm going to guess a $3.5M AAV.

Edit: $4M AAV was going to be my second guess. LOL

Ron*

Hopefully it's backloaded so my first guess is true.

Or even less, considering Kopi's upcoming deal.

I am sure DL took this into consideration.

Ron*

Anyway, it makes a clearer picture down the road in attempting to resign Martinez, in particular, and affecting the possible Stoll and Williams upcoming signings.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Good deal, especially if Muzzin keeps up his play down the stretch and in the playoffs. He had a rough start but he's consistently improved as time goes on and he's proved to be a valuable partner with Doughty.

Hopefully the next Kings to eventually sign longer deals are Toffoli and Pearson.

Last edited:

Captain Mittens*

a29d98e5.gif
5f39df2a19e47c75f8eef5425b486e54.jpg

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
They might not be able to sign Stoll, Williams, Clifford, and Martinez. The Kings are going to be in the same situation as Boston and Chicago. Because of their success, the team will have to let go some more good players to stay under the cap. Plus they still will have to sign Toffoli, Pearson, and Kopitar, so they need to have the money available.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Are we going to be able to stay under the cap if we don't trade Richards in the next couple years? Kopitar, Stoll, Williams, Pearson, Toffoli, Martinez...

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
They might not be able to sign Stoll, Williams, Clifford, and Martinez. The Kings are going to be in the same situation as Boston and Chicago. Because of their success, the team will have to let go some more good players to stay under the cap. Plus they still will have to sign Toffoli, Pearson, and Kopitar, so they need to have the money available.

Let Stoll and Regehr walk. Clifford is expendable if necessary. Try to re-sign Williams and Martinez. Pearson and Toffoli are RFAs so they won't be too expensive although Dean could probably get a discount on some of the UFA years if he offers them long term deals.

Also, there's the obvious buyout of Richards if he doesn't improve. He's not worth losing Williams, Pearson or Toffoli if it came to that.

Ron*

@cmasisak22: 29 non-LAK teams' 1/2/3 D are either a) not as good b) more $$$ c) older/more likely to decline d) not signed for 4 years or e) all of above

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Great deal for Muzzin. Definitely deserved that money after last year. :handclap:
Unfortunately I think this closes the door on Martinez.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Guess who guessed Muzzin would get $4 mil back on 7/30?

This-Guy-Jim-Halpert-The-Office.gif

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=88506513&postcount=55

Note this date, because I am always way off on this ****

@cmasisak22: 29 non-LAK teams' 1/2/3 D are either a) not as good b) more $$$ c) older/more likely to decline d) not signed for 4 years or e) all of above

:laugh: We are solid well handled by DL and crew it is mindbogglingly sick. Lock up Toffoli and PEarson, figure out what to do with Williams, likely let Stoll walk (unless he takes a pay cut), go drink some more kool-aid, repeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00