OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
drake lil wayne and kanye are all good though so i dont see what the problem is here

Aubrey aka Wheelchair Jimmy aka Drake is terrible. What kind of a ***** rapper has a line that he's like a sprained ankle, nothing to play with? Are you ****ing kidding me? People play with sprained ankles everyday so the line really means, I'm not to be trifled with, unless you are a tough person in which case, yeah you could take me.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I've liked this band for a while, but have really been on a non-stop listening wave over the last week since going to see them live.

They've been my favorite band for the last 5 or 6 years or so. Craig Finn is the best lyricist of this generation. Not to mention he's a madman live, I was able to see them at Cat's Cradle about 2 years ago. Their second to last album wasn't nearly as good after their organist left (it changed their sound a ton), but this last album Teeth Dreams is really good from beginning to end.

If you're at all interested, his solo album is called Clear Heart Full Eyes and is pretty fantastic, it's WAY more low-key than THS but his lyrics are pretty awesome. No Future on that album is great (you can tell he's friends with the Titus Andronicus guys), and Terrfied Eyes might be my favorite song he's made. I hope he does more solo stuff in the future, he's awesome.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
I haven't been able to get into Teeth Dreams too much yet other than the first few songs, but I'm going to keep listening. Boys and Girls in America and Stay Positive are the two that I've always listened to regularly the last couple of years, but at the recent show I went to they started off by playing a lot of their first album (the show was at the venue where they played their very first show so they were feeling a bit nostalgic). I had never really listened to it much before that but now I think it might be my favorite of them all.

I did notice Titus thanked Craig Finn in the liner notes of The Monitor.

Reactions: Identity404

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I did notice Titus thanked Craig Finn in the liner notes of The Monitor.

He is the one performing the Walt Whitman poem at the end of "A Pot in Which to P*ss." ("Folded my soldier well in his blanket and buried him where he fell.") So he's actually on the album, lol.

Also, if you're interested in both of them, get some of Spiderbags albums, I like all three that I have. Dan McGee gets a mention in one of the songs on The Monitor, and he's the guest singer in Theme From Cheers. They're basically like hipster-country-rock, they've got an awesome sound (not unlike Theme From Cheers), and they're from Chapel Hill.

Last edited:

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com

631t1P7.gif

KwfEfLv.gif

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
that is very wrong, but j cole is good

i think i value technical rapping ability and word play way more than you do