OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Yeah, Makonnen is pretty good. I thought he was just a scrub that got lucky Drake remixed one of his songs at first. The original tuesday is actually better without drake IMO. I don't sell molly no more is also a better song...

yes it is a much better song than tuesday, especially the drake version

going to see sufjan stevens in may yessssssssssssssssssss

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
They're basically getting to the point where this next album has to be spot on for me. Wasn't a big fan of the last two they put out.

They said they're stripping it back and getting back to basic rock and losing the orchestras and all for this one so I'm excited about it.

I was meh on The Resistance but I enjoyed The 2nd Law pretty well.

Reactions: Identity404

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You disliked The Uprising? Get. out. now.

The Resistance: Decent album, definitely was worth buying, but nowhere near as cohesive as some of their earlier releases and more then one or two songs that were just flat out misses to me on that album. Half the album was flat out, full stop, amazing. The Uprising, Unnatural Selection, United States of Eurasia, and the Exogenesis Symphony tracks.

MK Ultra and Resistance were decent, but was just kindof there for me. Rest of the album I could have done without.

Wasn't a fan of The 2nd Law in all honesty. Some James Bond sounding **** on there, which is awesome, but for the most part other then that the album was either entirely forgettable for me or unabashedly annoying (Madness & their pseudo Dub-Step stuff on there).

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The Resistance: Decent album, definitely was worth buying, but nowhere near as cohesive as some of their earlier releases and more then one or two songs that were just flat out misses to me on that album. Half the album was flat out, full stop, amazing. The Uprising, Unnatural Selection, United States of Eurasia, and the Exogenesis Symphony tracks.

MK Ultra and Resistance were decent, but was just kindof there for me. Rest of the album I could have done without.

Wasn't a fan of The 2nd Law in all honesty. Some James Bond sounding **** on there, which is awesome, but for the most part other then that the album was either entirely forgettable for me or unabashedly annoying (Madness & their pseudo Dub-Step stuff on there).

If you like James Bound sounding ****, how are you for Portishead?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Agreed entirely on that, I've seen them live twice now and will make a point of seeing them a 3rd time if they come back by the area. Muse and U2 at Carter Finley was probably the best show I've ever seen in person, with the only things close being MMB and Dropkick Murphys back in I want to say 97, and 311 and Wyclef at WVU fall fest 02. Of course, I got a concussion from a crowd surfer at the later one there.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Agreed entirely on that, I've seen them live twice now and will make a point of seeing them a 3rd time if they come back by the area. Muse and U2 at Carter Finley was probably the best show I've ever seen in person, with the only things close being MMB and Dropkick Murphys back in I want to say 97, and 311 and Wyclef at WVU fall fest 02. Of course, I got a concussion from a crowd surfer at the later one there.

Absolutely agree here. The only thing that came close was seeing Alison Krauss and Willie Nelson this past year. Willie's an institution and Krauss' voice is just amazing.

jacko23

Powerplay Merchant
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
all these rappers being mentioned on here, i was starting to lose hope. the Muse talk raised my spirits a bit, and ill listen to just about anything, but rock and metal are my vices.

i was thrilled that someone knew who Strapping Young Lad was! anything Devin Townsend releases is basically gold!

as im typing this, im listenting to the new Periphery album, but typically im listening to things like Alter Bridge, Volbeat, Trivium, Black Label Society, Dream Theater, etc...

also....
Lamb of God
TesseracT
Insomnium

and floating around Youtube until i can find some good melodic death metal to. most people say i look like someone who listens to country or pop, but surprise!!! im a metalhead. we need more of em in these parts...

Reactions: Identity404
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad