Music Thread Pt. II

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I saw them with Marshall Crenshaw doing vocals a while back, They were great. Like guys that grew up together. They are back at it again looks like through April.
awesome!!......i read that they were out with various guys doing lead. i thought crenshaw was a perfect replacement for Pat

i was sad when Pat passed several years ago.... after he died, a buddy told me he had fallen on stage awhile ago and never fully recovered and had some ongoing health issues. i met him down here after shows a few times....we always caught up and chatted about life, getting older, keeping the weight down. he was a really good guy. always gave me recommendations for books on tape because i drove delivery for a living and he drove all around the country

i wouldn't mind seeing them again

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
awesome!!......i read that they were out with various guys doing lead. i thought crenshaw was a perfect replacement for Pat

i was sad when Pat passed several years ago.... after he died, a buddy told me he had fallen on stage awhile ago and never fully recovered and had some ongoing health issues. i met him down here after shows a few times....we always caught up and chatted about life, getting older, keeping the weight down. he was a really good guy. always gave me recommendations for books on tape because i drove delivery for a living and he drove all around the country

i wouldn't mind seeing them again
They played with a ton of energy.

Truly sad that Pat passed. What a great sound they had.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Lucky!! I've seen Genesis twice, but both in the PC years (07 and 21). Saw PG when he did the 26th anniversary So tour a decade ago and I saw PC solo in '04, but I never got to see PG's Genesis.
Genesis was a much different band back then. Collins was just a drummer. PG was the lead and frontman. It was definitely PG’s band

Reactions: JKP

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
They played with a ton of energy.

Truly sad that Pat passed. What a great sound they had.
Playing at St.George Theater in Staten Island April 21. Robin Wilson of Gin Blossoms out front

Did some catching up on the band after our chat. Thanks for the inspiration and good memories!

"Lost Album" from 1993 is out. 15 bucks at Walmart dot com

Read that Babjack is a coffee roaster now

Did not know his wife died of pancreatic cancer about 18 months before Pat went

Every day counts brother!

Reactions: crashthenet

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Genesis was a much different band back then. Collins was just a drummer. PG was the lead and frontman. It was definitely PG’s band
Oh, I know. :D

They’re my fav band and I love all three eras (PG-era, PC trio+ Hackett era, the PC trio era). Thus why I’m so envious of those who saw the original lineup. :)

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Oh, I know. :D

They’re my fav band and I love all three eras (PG-era, PC trio+ Hackett era, the PC trio era). Thus why I’m so envious of those who saw the original lineup. :)
I wonder if Gabriel plays any Genesis tunes on his solo tours . May just go check him out.

Just saw Steve Hackett play Seconds Out Revisited on LI recently and it was nothing short of fantastic. Truly transported me back in time. The band he’s assembled just blew me away. D’Virgilio, Reingold , Sylvan (I forget the keyboardist) and of course Hackett are all top notch . Highly recommended for those needing a Genesis fix!

• Love

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I wonder if Gabriel plays any Genesis tunes on his solo tours . May just go check him out.

Just saw Steve Hackett play Seconds Out Revisited on LI recently and it was nothing short of fantastic. Truly transported me back in time. The band he’s assembled just blew me away. D’Virgilio, Reingold , Sylvan (I forget the keyboardist) and of course Hackett are all top notch . Highly recommended for those needing a Genesis fix!
Roger King was it?

Reactions: BarzyClub

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS

To my knowledge, PG has never played any Genesis tunes. They tried to get him to go out on the '07 tour, I think, but he declined, saying he was too busy. He's truly lived up to the Solisbury Hill lyric "I was feeling part of the scenery / I walked right out of the machinery".

As for Hackett, I have a bunch of his solo stuff, and really enjoy it, too. Hopefully will get a chance to catch him someday.

Also going to see The Musical Box here in town in May, they're a Genesis tribute band that has been around forever and they're going to be doing the whole "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" record. Should be pretty cool as well. :)

Reactions: BarzyClub

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
To my knowledge, PG has never played any Genesis tunes. They tried to get him to go out on the '07 tour, I think, but he declined, saying he was too busy. He's truly lived up to the Solisbury Hill lyric "I was feeling part of the scenery / I walked right out of the machinery".

As for Hackett, I have a bunch of his solo stuff, and really enjoy it, too. Hopefully will get a chance to catch him someday.

Also going to see The Musical Box here in town in May, they're a Genesis tribute band that has been around forever and they're going to be doing the whole "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" record. Should be pretty cool as well. :)
Thanks you saved me money on the PG tix lol

Yeah I’m definitely going to see that musical box show as well. It’s not every day that you can see the Lamb played in its entirety.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I saw them with Marshall Crenshaw doing vocals a while back, They were great. Like guys that grew up together. They are back at it again looks like through April.
There's literally nobody who fills in better for dead vocalists better than Marshall Crenshaw. Sadly, I've never seen him live. And that's stupid.

Hoping that there will be a run of Tom Verlaine tribute concerns like there were for Big Star after Alex Chilton's death. Who will join Mike Mills, lol? **** makes me feel old.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Thanks you saved me money on the PG tix lol

Yeah I’m definitely going to see that musical box show as well. It’s not every day that you can see the Lamb played in its entirety.
Back in the day I saw PG a few times and he never played a Genesis song.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Excellent story in Rolling Stone on Bekka Bramlett (daughter of Delaney and Bonnie) who played in Fleetwood Mac when it was just John and Mick with her and Dave Mason with Billy Burnette

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
Speaking of Genesis and Phil Collins, Robin Lumley passes yesterday. He was one of the founding members of Brand X, the jazz fusion band that Phil was in during the late 70s. Some very cool music.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I picked up the Rich Kids LP, the No Wave LP, the Agnostic Front and the Heroin LP for RSD. I passed on the Husker Du one because they were asking $50 for it and that seemed a bit much for bootlegs from that era of the band, even as a 2xLP.

Reactions: Doshell Propivo

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I also spent way too much with money I don't have while I was in Atlanta visiting family the last few weeks.

Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow
Dealing With Damage - Ask More Questions
Samiam - You Are Freaking Me Out
Adicts - Songs of Praise
Dead Boys - Young, Loud and Snotty
DOA - Bloodied But Unbowed
Halo Of Flies - Garbageburn
Seaweed - Despised
Jawbox - Grippe
f***ed Up - Epics In Minutes
Moss Icon - Lyburnum Wits End Liberation Fly
Lightning Bolt - Hypermagic Mountain

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I listened to the new Metallica album today. So mehhh.. its the same song 12 times.
IMO, the last really good Metallica album was Master of Puppets.

Justice was ok but filled with too much musical masturbation and show-offy intros and crap.

The Black album was a Bob Rock album, decent hard rock record that I enjoyed as such, but not very thrash and not very Metallica.

Everything since can be summarized with the poop emoji…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad