OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton

I hope this one works.
First time I saw them playing this was on an old PBS special when I was 13 or 14?..somewhere around there and I would record whatever had any sort of guitar playing, or players...I was obsessed as I was just starting to learn.
I had known who Rik Emmett was as I was a little metal head, but never heard of Steve Morse..wow, was I in for a treat. The guy can play so precise and clean,,,his picking on arpeggio runs are so concise.

HAAAAAAH! I was going to guess this one without even seeing it. I should have said it in my post. Oh well..

Love it when Morse breaks a string....just a brilliant video.

Good call Booya!!!

Last edited:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Dig the love (Mc)Dorian2 was giving Knopfeller (as well as FTR). Really like his style, so jazzy. Many of the new up and coming guitarists seem to borrow from the jazz fundamentals, though most cite Allan Holdsworth (namely Michael Keene - The Faceless; Tosin Abasi - Animals as Leaders). Anyways, heres my favourite band - Between The Buried and Me - set to release a new album tomorrow. Paul Waggoner is phenomenal on guitar, in his spare time he's filled in with Lamb of God for Mark Morton.

Also, in checking back with their (semi) new affiliations with Metalblade records, I stumbled upon this band that I liked what I heard of them.

Having just recently returned from Amnesia Rockfest, I found this (sort of) local Quebec act (from MTL) very entertaining, kind of a Death throwback, minus the Schuldiner effect. Maybe its just the 6 string fretless bass and occasional chording that does it. IDK, but I dig

For more classic, with a twist, I love the 4 song set AIC did with a symphony/choir, though I know (Mc)Puritania will tell me its no Dimmu with the Prague philharmonic.

Ogurek

Sep 29, 2010
Some chill songs...

Ratatat - Cream on Chrome

Jai Wolf - Indian Summer

Misun - After Me

Monophonics - Promises

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
need to get more Canadian content on here!
The Salads are an amazing underrated band! Dave is such a great guitar player..

Their "The big picture" is an excellent disc.

and the GREAT ,,DANKO JONES!!!

Last time I saw them, this song wasn't on their set list, but I asked JC if he could play it..and they did. Rad!:yo:
Best live act!

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton

I've been really digging the new Tame Impala album 'Currents'. Here's the first track from it.

edit: here's another

Last edited:

Ogurek

Sep 29, 2010
Some fairly new songs that I like...

Digisaurus - Without Me

Tracers - Painted Palms

Beck - Dreams

Zibra - Great White Shark

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
nothing wrong with the music McDouse, we all have our unique and different flavors.

I came across Doc Holliday for the first time this past week, I love the vibes from it

Trying to find these guys on itunes, but no luck. Where can I download some of their music?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Thanks to UptheIrons for the news, here is the newest Maiden video. World tour to commence with Dickenson flying a Jumbo Boeing 747 400 to 6 continents!!!!!!!

Book of Souls world tour 2016.

Dates and locations to be finalized....but Edmonton is a guarantee.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Saw these guys play at the Edmonton Folk Fest a few weeks ago. Stole the show every stage they played. Blew my mind with how good they are live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad