Status
Not open for further replies.

Husker Du

Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
@Husker Du

Nice selection above

This might be something that moves you as well. Lots of different versions of this song and I'm not sure this is my favorite but sound quality is good. Wooden Shjips have some interesting grooves and I like what they have as influences.

Heres the song they are most noted for;

Been a long time coming for my reply. Spent the entire summer searching for Wooden Shjips vinyl. Found one record (West) in a small little shop in Prague which was sweet. Finished my collection and have thoroughly enjoyed listening to them. Back to Land and V are my favourite albums, with a honorable mention to vol. 2. Thanks for introducing me to them!

While listening to Wooden Shjips, I got turned onto one of their influences, Spacemen 3. They were around in the 80's before blowing up. They play crazy drug fuelled psych/drone with a tinge of gospel! A couple of examples:

and another great song...

Spacemen 3 - 'Revolution'

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Just learned my first tune in open G tuning on guitar. Taking a chance posting it on this page though. ;) There's another one I did a bit ago called Hole Hearted. Extreme.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015

is this the first alternative rock song? its crazy that this was made in 1966 yet sounds like mid 90s, and would be a hit even today.

Huge Beatles fan. I’d say it’s one of the first psychedelic rock songs. The first psychedelic rock song, in my opinion, is their song ‘Rain’.

Though some argue it’s ‘Eight Miles High’ by The Byrds, recorded a few months before Rain.

Reactions: Up the Irons

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

this may have already been posted, and probably most have already seen this, but if you haven't, its an absolute must.

soooo tight.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

is this the first alternative rock song? its crazy that this was made in 1966 yet sounds like mid 90s, and would be a hit even today.

Funny, I have said that exact thing. Chemical Brothers have made a career of this song. It is Alt rock for sure, the first song. It basically started psychedelic rock.

Reactions: Up the Irons

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I'm a old school (or old school sounding) hard rock and heavy metal guy that is what I dig. Right now I been really listening to Sabaton, Rammstein, 9MM (another german speaking metal band), Scarcrow, Megadeth, and a band I just discovered called Lipz who sound really Kiss/Motely crue like they have a few videos on youtube if you want to check em out. I thought I would post the video for Gun - Steal Your Fire, this is a song I think is great for sports and whenever I see a sports montage/clip on youtube with a real terrible song I usually mute it and play this song instead.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
@DethOfDragnz . I'm one of those guys that grew up on this shit and I ain't afraid to admit it at all. Just checked oput Lipz and I like it.

We got Sugar tits and a cool cover here!!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Just learned this one on guitar. Thought I'd share. The other one I did a bit ago is Hole Hearted - Extreme. Don't mind the **** ups. Recorded on a Motorola G4+ lol.

What kind of acoustic? One of mine is a Martin D-12 Eric Clapton signature.

And, is that in standard tuning or drop D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad