OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Look out for this new band coming down the line. LA riff based rockers.

oops...double post

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Sorry, but seems so propped formulaic. Like a record producer, video producer decided to marry Marilyn Manson with Greenday and see what is sounded like and if it sold. With this sounding very unoriginal and very scripted.

How long before a Nirvana and Beastie Boys clone which would at least be interesting. ;)

Again sorry, but heavily produced artists, and that dominating the industry is a pet peeve of mine.

Would Pink Floyd even exist in todays paradigm? You'd have a ton of producers in a room telling Roger Waters to write a cheerful ditty and Gilmore to play 20sec solos that fit well within a spotify first 15secs must hook song format.

The medium is the message. Spotify has transformed how music is listened to and heard like how twitter has transformed discussion. heh, going a bit off topic there. But we can have music discussion in these times of looking for distraction, right? ;)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Sorry, but seems so propped formulaic. Like a record producer, video producer decided to marry Marilyn Manson with Greenday and see what is sounded like and if it sold. With this sounding very unoriginal and very scripted.

How long before a Nirvana and Beastie Boys clone which would at least be interesting. ;)

Again sorry, but heavily produced artists, and that dominating the industry is a pet peeve of mine.

Would Pink Floyd even exist in todays paradigm? You'd have a ton of producers in a room telling Roger Waters to write a cheerful ditty and Gilmore to play 20sec solos that fit well within a spotify first 15secs must hook song format.

The medium is the message. Spotify has transformed how music is listened to and heard like how twitter has transformed discussion. heh, going a bit off topic there. But we can have music discussion in these times of looking for distraction, right? ;)

Haha..don't be sorry. This isn't typically the style I listen to at all, but I was watching a Lock Horns episode on BangerTV (Sam Dunn) where they were running through shock rock bands for debate on who goes on the family tree. This one was mentioned so I checked it out. I've been checking out different genres of Metal I don't typically listen to. Dunn has a guest on each episode that kind of specializes in specific genres. You know me, I like to have my ear to the ground. :)

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32

I’m mainly a classic/hard rock/metal guy but this album is dope...from 1971.

this ain’t no boring ass jazz album...includes contributions from Herbie Hancock, Billy Cobham and John McLaughlin among others...check it out !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad