OT: Music II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I liked these guys when I first caught them on Colbert's late show recently.

And this week, I've heard them on 99.9FM The Buzz, the most with-it station you can catch out of Montreal:

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Come to think of it........
upload_2019-12-1_14-12-44.jpeg

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I liked these guys when I first caught them on Colbert's late show recently.

And this week, I've heard them on 99.9FM The Buzz, the most with-it station you can catch out of Montreal:

Late but.. that's a band I haven't heard in ages.

I used to like their debut album back when I was listening to a lot of indie stuff

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I saw it a couple of weeks ago. It's a very good docu bio. She's one of my favourite singers.

I didn't know they had aired it already. I'll probably find it online then.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It popped up as a torrent one day an I grabbed it, don't know the source.

Yeah, just searched and it's not coming up. I'll PVR it on New Year's Day. Thanks for the heads up.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I had completely forgotten about how good Linda Ronstadt was until I saw a CNN promo for a documentary about her life, airing on New Year's Day.

I've loved this song forever. Enticing voice, nice guitar work, superb melody.

'Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice' - CNN

I watched the Kennedy Center Honors The Eagles back in 2016 and they had the woman who was there in the beginning Linda Ronstadt tell the Eagles story during the video montage they did. She said she had first met Don Henley and Glen Frey at The Troubadour and she was putting together a touring band and she hired Henley and Frey to tour in her band with her.

Here's the video if anyone wants to give it a watch. Bob Seger is da man. :)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It popped up as a torrent one day an I grabbed it, don't know the source.

I've rarely used torrents and haven't used it in at least 10 or more years now. I find other sources to DL from instead. :) I see the Linda Ronstadt The Sound of My Voice show you guys are talking about on one of my frequently used sites and in various resolutions. Might check it out sometime.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I watched the Kennedy Center Honors The Eagles back in 2016 and they had the woman who was there in the beginning Linda Ronstadt tell the Eagles story during the video montage they did. She said she had first met Don Henley and Glen Frey at The Troubadour and she was putting together a touring band and she hired Henley and Frey to tour in her band with her.

Here's the video if anyone wants to give it a watch. Bob Seger is da man. :)

Oh wow, just wow. So much to unpack from that clip. Thanks so much for sharing it.

The different renditions of Eagles songs were just riveting. Bog Seger's rock'n' roll hair, it's a thing for the ages. What a mane.

Barack nodding and mouthing lyrics was a treat.

Steve Vai doing Steve Vai things and more with that Colbert spoof at the end.

Some of what Linda Ronstadt was saying will be in the CNN documentary -- such timeless music. Kings of Leon were spot on with their version, the lead singer hit all of the right notes.

It was particularly interesting to see the crowd reacting and singing along to the Eagles songs -- including the Eagle honorees who were present and their immediate family who stood up and danced on their higher octane songs. It's like everyone knew the words. Can't imagine a more successful and rewarding life as musicians than the ones led by the Eagles.

DougHarvey

Aug 11, 2004

Damn this hurts. Seen Rush a half dozen times live. Bad week for Canada.

Horrible news. Had seen them 22 times and was hoping for a one . Greatest drummer ever and incredible lyricist and author. RIP Neil. You are reunited with your wife and daughter.

Reactions: DangerDave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad