OT: Music II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Horrible news. Had seen them 22 times and was hoping for a one . Greatest drummer ever and incredible lyricist and author. RIP Neil. You are reunited with your wife and daughter.

I don't want to like this post

CBC said he had brain cancer

on top of arthritis I believe, that's the reason he gave first when he stopped touring and "retired from the music industry"

Man. That's sad. I had never been a Rush fan until a few years ago. Didn't see them live neither.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Brand New's Deja Entendu is such a good album.

Sounds familiar. lol

images

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I'll be in Caen, France and Rotterdam, Netherlands on Feb 14th and 19th respectively to take in another Hania Rani concert. Ever since I first heard her perform in Poland about 18 months ago, I kept looking for another opportunity. She's a magnificent talent IMO.

If anyone's curious:

Reactions: angusyoung

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Guys!! Or at least, Genesis fans!! Have you ever see this guy do the Musical Box and Firsth of Fith on the piano?? Just saw that today, I'm amazed! TRULY! :)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

habmercy

Aug 19, 2017
Guys!! Or at least, Genesis fans!! Have you ever see this guy do the Musical Box and Firsth of Fith on the piano?? Just saw that today, I'm amazed! TRULY! :)

Just saw Steve Hacket Thursday night at the Winspear in Edmonton. Have seen Genesis many times. They played all of Selling England by the Pound. Great show!!!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Here's a Beatles sort'of cover, they didn't write it but played it for the Queen.

Even though they've been around for quite some time the first time I ever heard of the MonaLisa Twins was when I heard them singing a cover of Toto's Africa with Mike Massé sometime last year. They have some pretty good tunes on their YT channel.

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Even though they've been around for quite some time the first time I ever heard of the MonaLisa Twins was when I heard them singing a cover of Toto's Africa with Mike Massé sometime last year. They have some pretty good tunes on the YT channel.

I've pretty much heard everything they've done and being a musician, I'm more than impressed. Their Beatles covers as teenagers are spot on. Then they went to the Cavern and blew people away. Check out the lead by Mona.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I've pretty much heard everything they've done and being a musician, I'm more than impressed. Their Beatles covers as teenagers are spot on. Then they went to the Cavern and blew people away. Check out the lead by Mona.

Yeah they're quite good and I listened to a bunch of their tunes after hearing that Africa cover last year. Always good to discover new music artists.

For the past year or so I've been listening to a lot of Warren Haynes and Gov't Mule along with the Tedeschi Trucks Band. I was familiar with Warren and Derek from their Allman Brothers days but never really listened to them on their own or with there other bands. Both are incredible guitar players and musicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino