Muscle!

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I'm fine with an individual player who is a "tiny weakling" if he's good at hockey. But I'd rather not skate a whole team of them. I'd rather my lineup be balanced and have different guys bring different skill sets to the table.

I like Hickey and Vis and have no problem with their game and what they contribute. BUT, the D corp - as a whole - would look much better if it had Reinhart and Boychuk added to it. I don't want size solely for the sake of size - we have Carkner for that. And unfortunately Carkner is, what they call in French, le pylon. But adding defenders with some size to each D pairing makes me feel so much better.

Yup. Small skilled guys are fine as long as you have size and grit in the lineup too. And, by size I do not mean Carkner. I mean guys who can play a regular shift and contribute.

Guess we don't have to worry because we have Grabner's "snarl!" :D

BroadwayJay*

Is this a whole thread dedicated to defining "snarl"? I only read the last two pages.

Is this what you guys get up to while I'm out of town? :laugh:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
i look forward to seeing him throw Lucic and Byfuglien around... ;)

He won't throw them around but he won't back down from them, and he will draw them into a penalty, he's at the top of the league in drawing penalties. Usually by taking a punch in the face !!! ;)

BroadwayJay*

We don't always argue about definitions. Sometimes we argue about Corsi too! :D

Welcome back Jay! Good to see you posting again. :laugh:

I was on vacation. This place is hard to navigate on my phone. I've done it, but it annoys me a great deal.

Back from Europe, ready for the pre-season games to begin. I believe our first is in six days.

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
Do you have a blackberry, Jay (asking because you are a lawyer)? Five years ago every academic I knew had a Blackberry and now we've all switched primarily to iPhones (I have an Android, because I hate IOS). On those devices, Hfboards is not so bad.

Either way, hope you had a great vacation.

BroadwayJay*

Do you have a blackberry, Jay (asking because you are a lawyer)? Five years ago every academic I knew had a Blackberry and now we've all switched primarily to iPhones (I have an Android, because I hate IOS). On those devices, Hfboards is not so bad.

Either way, hope you had a great vacation.

iPhone, I just don't like how slow I type and I can't read unless I can respond.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad