Rumor: Muller to be let go

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
No they did not. After that crazy 2nd year year his numbers (goals) have slowly dropped each year...long before Muller.

30 goals just once in the last 5 seasons. Had 30 goals+ in 4 of his first 5 seasons.

Was still getting 70+ point every year before Muller.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
That PP that feasted in the first 2 months of the season and then took a nose dive? I wouldn't brag about the current PP. It has been poor for months now save for a good week or 2.

So bring in a guy whose pp unit was 27th in the nhl last year, and is 29th in the nhl this year is going to improve the Habs pp huh.... Lol

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Call me crazy, but if one non-French speaking person had a shot at coaching the Habs, I think it's him. This isn't some random head coach, this is captain ****ing Kirk and he's won us cups

Rejean Houle and Mario Tremblay also have a few rings... you know :naughty:

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Call me crazy, but if one non-French speaking person had a shot at coaching the Habs, I think it's him. This isn't some random head coach, this is captain ****ing Kirk and he's won us cups

There are other more qualified coaches I'd go after before going after him only because he used to play for the Habs...

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
There are other more qualified coaches I'd go after before going after him only because he used to play for the Habs...

I didn't say I'd be going for him. All I said was that if one guy had a shot at breaking the 'must hire a French coach because media' curse. It's him. Because of his history with the team. That's it

Last edited:

pine*

I didn't say I'd be going for him. All I said was that if one guy had a shot at breaking the 'must hire a French coach because media' curse. It's him. Because of his history with the team. That's it

Mike Babcock?

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
That PP that feasted in the first 2 months of the season and then took a nose dive? I wouldn't brag about the current PP. It has been poor for months now save for a good week or 2.

"When the power play isn't doing well it is doing poorly". You should take your spot right beside PJ Stock with such insightful commentary. :laugh:

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
I'm not sure Muller's needed. During the Martin days, Muller was the "player's friend" assistant, keeping a good cohesion and atmosphere within the group, aside from technical duties.

I think right now the coaches are doing a great job keeping the team happy and the atmosphere light-hearted in the room. Muller isn't really needed. Gallant is effectively doing what he did, and he's doing a great job of it. Too many coaches might just obfuscate the message as far as the technical part of coaching goes.

However, if he were so much willing, Hamilton is a place I would be giddy to see him work his magic at. He is clearly the least of Carolina's problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
"When the power play isn't doing well it is doing poorly". You should take your spot right beside PJ Stock with such insightful commentary. :laugh:

Meanwhile your claim to fame is defending the bourque and kaberle deals along with all that trash Gauthier did. Well done!

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
So bring in a guy whose pp unit was 27th in the nhl last year, and is 29th in the nhl this year is going to improve the Habs pp huh.... Lol

Where was our pp ranked with muller? I'm waiting.

Muller is a damn good assistant coach if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I wasnt trying to start one. I am simply hoping they lose and maybe some change will come.

Look youre doing it again. You have your own opinions and many may agree with you while others won't. It's an inappropriate subject here. Sports and politics have nothing to do with each other and when it does the team always fails i.e 2012. You may want something politically and wish to express it but know that any opinion you have will be met with someone having a different view.

And when the matters are as controversial as they are in Quebec its better that everyone keeps it to himself.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Boucher HC, Muller AC (Forwards & PP), Robinson AC (Defense and PK)

That's my dream

A relatively young coach with two former beloved habs, one a legend in mtl both with hc experience being below boucher, yeah nothing can go wrong there. And the big bird says that what montreal brings is preciesely what he wants to avoid.

as much as people might hope, therrien in unlikely going anywhere anytime soon unless we lose 4staight against then bolts with no major injuries. Teams that amass 100points are rarely jettissoned.

puckeater

Dec 3, 2005
I'm on the side of keeping with Therrien until Babcock becomes available.

Babcock or bust.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Where was our pp ranked with muller? I'm waiting.

Muller is a damn good assistant coach if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

It was Pearn and Muller handling special teams together under the Habs.

If he was a pp specalist, the Canes PP wouldn't be one of the worse in the league during his time with the Canes... lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad