MTS Centre upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurilla

former goal scorer
Jan 28, 2015
Winnipeg

so will that jets logo end up looking like this?

aircanadacentre_275_092608.jpg

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I'm surprised they'd put the logo there versus having a sponsor's logo and forgoing some advertising revenue. Quite a few places have a large sponsor logo at the bottom of the jumbotron, and it isn't necessarily the building sponsor (for example, KPMG's logo sits at the bottom in Vancouver at the Rogers Arena).

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
depends on the event I guess but not that sloppy maybe they are trying to hide the view from the access portals so nobody gets a sneak peak at the scoreboard

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
I have a feeling the Jets logo will be stationary in the middle of the board facing the press box and adjacent side of the arena. I think the other ring in the giant logo will just look like the "support arms" (even though we know they aren't) of the screens facing the net. I think the lighting in the logo itself will be used a lot for pregame shows. but either than jets goal's you wont see it light up much.

As for the loge seating i really think thy were designed a foot and 1/2 too wide. It kinda looks funny in a way. maybe once the ribbon board is up it will look better but right now it kinda looks funny and i really hope they arent planning on leaving the railings at the bottom of the loge stairs like that

A really easy and upgrade they should think about doing is adding one of those giant logo's in the locker room the same way they did with the jets store instead of those hideous white panels they currently have. Jets currently have one of the nicest locker rooms in the league but why not keep up. Along the lines of buffalo or Pittsburgh

470477196-look-at-the-winnipeg-jets-locker-room-prior-gettyimages.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

BW3_6085_slide.jpg

4858387555_a01310fe56_b.jpg

Last edited:

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
As for the loge seating i really think thy were designed a foot and 1/2 too wide. It kinda looks funny in a way. maybe once the ribbon board is up it will look better but right now it kinda looks funny and i really hope they arent planning on leaving the railings at the bottom of the loge stairs like that

By too wide, do you mean the front to back depth? I would figure that dimension was chosen to allow people enough room to walk behind the chairs. I want that as generous as possible. I'm hoping my days of squeezing by people are over.

What would you have them do with the railings?

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It makes sense to have people walk behind the seats on the loge level. The seats have a space between them to squeeze through I guess.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
It makes sense to have people walk behind the seats on the loge level. The seats have a space between them to squeeze through I guess.

I'm certainly hoping that will be the accepted protocol for loge movement. Really tired of having someone moving in front of me and hearing the crowd go wild. There probably won't be that much room between most chairs, but you can always pull it back, spin it to sit, and slide back up to the counter. Things become much simpler when you aren't dealing with fixed seats.

Also, my seat is at a bend so I will have some additional space between me and one neighbour. My other neighbour will be my wife, so she probably won't mind if I encroach on her personal space a bit. :)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I'm certainly hoping that will be the accepted protocol for loge movement. Really tired of having someone moving in front of me and hearing the crowd go wild. There probably won't be that much room between most chairs, but you can always pull it back, spin it to sit, and slide back up to the counter. Things become much simpler when you aren't dealing with fixed seats.

Also, my seat is at a bend so I will have some additional space between me and one neighbour. My other neighbour will be my wife, so she probably won't mind if I encroach on her personal space a bit. :)

That will change in time. ;)

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
You can see the frame of the new score clock in this picture.

Oh, and that's Tommy Lee from Motley Crue drumming high above the crowd on a 360 degree rotating drum set roller coaster last night. :)

Tired to get a few pics of the loge seats but by the time I got there it was too dark and hard to take good pics.

2epo521.jpg

Adventure Metal

Jun 10, 2010
Sat row 1 of 300s last night. Loge won't impact sight lines straight ahead, but the steps and railing will obscure a decent chunk of the ice in whichever is the far end for you. It def ain't row 1 anymore.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Sat row 1 of 300s last night. Loge won't impact sight lines straight ahead, but the steps and railing will obscure a decent chunk of the ice in whichever is the far end for you. It def ain't row 1 anymore.

What section were you in?

If my seats get any more obstructed, I might just call it a day and go back to sitting on the glass watching the Moose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad