MTS Centre upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I doubt they retained 20%. I would guess a much lower number. Maybe 25 or 30 seats. It also really depends on what the front row 300s decided. TNSE claimed that they offered the loge seats to season ticket holders in the front row of the upper deck. If there was a high demand, that would have reduced the number they kept available for game days.

I don't think the demand was that high. I'm a half-season ticket holder and
was offered the loge seats. I turned it down based on price and 22 games a year
plus 11 game Moose mini package is enough for me.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I don't think the demand was that high. I'm a half-season ticket holder and
was offered the loge seats. I turned it down based on price and 22 games a year
plus 11 game Moose mini package is enough for me.

Sounds like they need to dip into that lower bowl money.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Sounds like they need to dip into that lower bowl money.

For sure, once TNSE got down the list to P1, P2 or P3 STH that had requested seat relocation those loge seats would likely have be snapped up.

Moving from a P7 half season to a full season priced between P1 and P2 is a pretty big increase in STH costs. I would speculate that it would be a much easier sell to STH already paying prices closer to the loge seat prices.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
For sure, once TNSE got down the list to P1, P2 or P3 STH that had requested seat relocation those loge seats would likely have be snapped up.

Grrr, my former P2 group didn't snap up the offer, and being corporate, I know they could easily afford the upcharge. Something about they figured the clients they brought to games would prefer to sit close to the ice. Madness, if you ask me.

Fortunately, another group with dreams of loge seats dancing in their heads took me in. :handclap:

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Grrr, my former P2 group didn't snap up the offer, and being corporate, I know they could easily afford the upcharge. Something about they figured the clients they brought to games would prefer to sit close to the ice. Madness, if you ask me.

Fortunately, another group with dreams of loge seats dancing in their heads took me in. :handclap:

Nice job getting into some loge seats.

Your other ticket group clearly missed the mark with loge seating. It would be a great seating area to entertain clients. I am not a business owner or someone who entertains clients but often entertain friends and family at games. Seat location can have alot to do with in game experience.

I am lucky enough to have aisle seats in a row of about a dozen seats. Only 2 people not from my group ever interrupt to get past us. This cannot be said for many seats at MTSC. Loge seating is ideal to minimize in game interruptions.

I do like the feel/smell of being near the ice surface and being able to hear the players call for the puck but the loge seats look awfully good.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Moving from a P7 half season to a full season priced between P1 and P2 is a pretty big increase in STH costs. I would speculate that it would be a much easier sell to STH already paying prices closer to the loge seat prices.

We're P3 and have asked for relocation. Never was offered loge seats. Assume we're either too far down the priority list (weren't Moose season ticket holders in the old era) or they're saving us because we said we'd go to P2.

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
any current STH's that wanna dump some financial pressure I would love to pick up 15 games or so

Barks

Jul 8, 2015
Steinbach
I was in P6 row 4 and upgraded to Loge. I got a hold of TN the day after they sent all STH's the email explaining the upgrades for this summer. I was then told to fill out my seat relocation form online and I'd be put on the list for Loge with no guarantees. I figured I was a full 24 hrs behind anyone else who put in the request when the email came out.

TN called to offer me the Loge seating and my rep said that I was the 6th wave of people being offered the seats. Everyone in row 1 was offered and then anyone who requested an upgrade.

In my opinion these seats will be the best seats in the house, and I don't have to lean forward looking over all the people in row 1 ever again.

OH…. I was also told that we would be getting waitress' for next hockey season.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Smell? Like from the players sweating? :)

Can't say that I would enjoy that. More of a cold ice smell during warm-up before the game starts. It's like if you were skating up at your local indoor arena. Hard to describe really. It does sound strange! :help: Oh well, it adds to my in game experience with the sights sounds and smells of being near the ice surface. However, the more I hear about the loge seating the better they sound. They will definitely serve up an awesome in game experience. Waitresses wow! Those that made the move will not regret it!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think the Loge seats will be great. At some point I would love to swap a loge seat holder for my seats just to try.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I'd be happy just to go to games. Looks like I will be this season at least 3 times hopefuly. Will find out when my cousin does his picks with his ST group

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I think the Loge seats will be great. At some point I would love to swap a loge seat holder for my seats just to try.

I was thinking the same thing.

Perhaps when they open up the 300's for certain Moose games there will be tickets available to the general public.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Can't say that I would enjoy that. More of a cold ice smell during warm-up before the game starts. It's like if you were skating up at your local indoor arena. Hard to describe really. It does sound strange! :help: Oh well, it adds to my in game experience with the sights sounds and smells of being near the ice surface. However, the more I hear about the loge seating the better they sound. They will definitely serve up an awesome in game experience. Waitresses wow! Those that made the move will not regret it!

I know that smell you're talking about. Chemicals used in the ice refrigerant, zamboni diesel, beer and a faint whiff of popcorn. It's great. :)

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
OH…. I was also told that we would be getting waitress' for next hockey season.

What? What? WHAT?!!!! OMG! By next hockey season, do you mean 2015-16, or 2016-17? BTW, I don't think we can call them waitresses anymore. The more gender-neutral server is preferred cause it could be a guy. Still, WOOT! And we're half the price of Edmonton's. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :handclap:

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
What? What? WHAT?!!!! OMG! By next hockey season, do you mean 2015-16, or 2016-17? BTW, I don't think we can call them waitresses anymore. The more gender-neutral server is preferred cause it could be a guy. Still, WOOT! And we're half the price of Edmonton's. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! :handclap:

The loge seats are club seats with a $500 fee tacked on per year for seat service. P1 seats also have this.

Barks

Jul 8, 2015
Steinbach
The loge seats are club seats with a $500 fee tacked on per year for seat service. P1 seats also have this.

Yes sorry… not waitress'…. but a server of some sort. My rep told me that the service wouldn't take place in 2015-2016 but would most likely start in 2016-2017. Either way the Loge will be amazing. I think it'll feel like your own little private suite but you'll be in the upper deck with all the chanting, cheering fans going crazy.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Yes sorry… not waitress'…. but a server of some sort. My rep told me that the service wouldn't take place in 2015-2016 but would most likely start in 2016-2017. Either way the Loge will be amazing. I think it'll feel like your own little private suite but you'll be in the upper deck with all the chanting, cheering fans going crazy.

I wonder how much it will really feel like you're part of the upper deck. It's a pretty good separation, and there will be glass between the loge and 300s still I think. It'll be interesting.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

Wouldn't it be great if the Shark Club sponsored the loge seating and as part of the agreement with TNSE provided their own talented servers.;)

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Wouldn't it be great if the Shark Club sponsored the loge seating and as part of the agreement with TNSE provided their own talented servers.;)

I think TNSE's idea of sexy runs more along the line of babushka or at least loose fitting sweaters, preferably turtleneck, and extra baggy pants with flat shoes. No makeup allowed. Male or female.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
I wonder how much it will really feel like you're part of the upper deck. It's a pretty good separation, and there will be glass between the loge and 300s still I think. It'll be interesting.

You make it sound like the 300's are full of leper's :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad