Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=682485

Letter to Season Seat Holders

Dear Season Seat Holder,

As we head into this Sunday's first exhibition game against the Ottawa Senators, we'd like to tell you about some exciting changes coming for this year that you will witness as you enter the building and experience throughout the season.

As always, your Jets Pass will provide you access to MTS Centre for all Winnipeg Jets games. You now have the choice of using either your Jets Pass lanyard or your Jets Pass card, it's your choice. In addition, we have added a feature which will allow you to use your mobile device (www.winnipegjets.com/mobile) to enter MTS Centre. We encourage you to visit Jets Pass HQ (www.winnipegjets.com/jetspasshq) to learn more about how this works.

We are also pleased to announce that for the first time in the history of the MTS Centre, the entire Portage Avenue atrium space, located in the north end of our building, will function as a ticketed area. The use of this signature space, home of the Timothy Eaton statue and the large glass façade facing Portage Avenue, will now provide for much improved building circulation throughout the game, additional food and beverage service options, and a chance for all of our patrons from the main, upper and suite concourses to meet and circulate without having to scan in and out of our building. If entering the MTS Centre from the north, your ticket will now be scanned at either the Portage and Donald rotunda (Gate 1) or the skywalk entrance by the bridge connection to the Newport Building in the northwest. The main box office remains fully accessible by entering the Portage and Donald entrance at street level. All gate access points in the south of the building will remain unchanged.

Finally, in the coming weeks you will see signs of the start of our 7-year multimillion dollar upgrade program within the MTS Centre, which began this summer. Among the first projects you will witness immediately will be the development of a new climate controlled vestibule at Portage and Donald. Construction of the vestibule will begin in October. Ongoing improvements to our 100 level washrooms have already begun. Please watch for these building enhancements as we undertake to bring you a bigger and better MTS Centre. We remain deeply committed to a long term plan of constant improvement to your fan experience and appreciate your patience while these projects take place around you.

Look for a more detailed announcement of the improvements for 2013-14 (and beyond) in the coming weeks.

Welcome to the 2013-14 season!

Sincerely,

James C.R. Ludlow
President & CEO

Norva Riddell
Senior Vice President, Business Partnerships & Account Services

I know previously they were talking about improved washrooms, upgrading the scoreboard, etc.. No mention of the green seats. I love being able to mingle in the lower concourse. Here's what is said in our season ticket package:

- Full HD scoreclock
- new washrooms
- 100 and 300 level food, beverage, and concession improvements and additions
- new climate controlled vestibule at Portage and Donald (main entrance)
- main retail store expansion
- new atrium level retail store
- freshening of the fit and finish of all building concourses
- "the list is long"

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
TNSE just sent an email stating that the Portage Ave atrium (suite level, where the Timothy Eaton statue is) will now be an extension of the upper and lower bowl concourse, and will have its own concessions.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
TNSE just sent an email stating that the Portage Ave atrium (suite level, where the Timothy Eaton statue is) will now be an extension of the upper and lower bowl concourse, and will have its own concessions.

Very clever solution, given the obvious space limitations. That concourse is one of the more roomy spaces at MTS, so it makes sense.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

Very smart move.... Makes retail / concession space of precious square footage

KingSalamon

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Perhaps the new score clock will be a few years away but definitely something people will want to see... and it is something that everyone at the game will notice.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ive said it for two years now but please fix the glass in the upper deck. You know, the glass to save the ass of people who walk out of the concourse and out to the stands, it used to be caged and now is glass that you cant look through. We are second row upper deck and half of the far end is obscured by this crap, please put in see thru plexi glass. That is all I want Mr. Ludlow, everything else is perfectly fine!

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
That sucks about the atrium. Sometimes I'd pop in after work and grab a 50/50 in the atrium even if I wasn't going to a particular game.. ie: going to a nearby restaurant to watch it instead.

KingSalamon

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I like the atrium as the concourses are so congested during intermission that this is a welcome idea. I'm looking forward to seeing the setup... I don't know how often I will make my way there (I'm in the south end of the building) but I will check it out.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
Ive said it for two years now but please fix the glass in the upper deck. You know, the glass to save the ass of people who walk out of the concourse and out to the stands, it used to be caged and now is glass that you cant look through. We are second row upper deck and half of the far end is obscured by this crap, please put in see thru plexi glass. That is all I want Mr. Ludlow, everything else is perfectly fine!

Contact the team to let them know. The cage was replaced because people were saying they couldn't see through it either.

With regards to all the upgrades, the season ticket letter this year alluded that everything would be in place by 2020.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
In some of the other arenas around the league, some concessions are set up with mobile cart style vendors including beer. This would make a lot of sense for the atrium area since they could be wheeled away for non game days. They'll need to set up some TV monitors there.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Yeah it's not so much an issue any more, people don't seem to drink as much especially during the week. Just don't go to the small bathrooms upstairs and you're fine. I walk about 8 sections over to the larger mens bathroom by tims and it works great.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
They could pump 7 billion into the arena, but they'll still be bush league compared to other teams like Minnesota with that bland beer and food selection. Locally sourced food and craft beer available on regular concourse there, and locals proud to have it.

ediger

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
They could pump 7 billion into the arena, but they'll still be bush league compared to other teams like Minnesota with that bland beer and food selection. Locally sourced food and craft beer available on regular concourse there, and locals proud to have it.

I agree. I'd love to be able to order a St. James or a Bulldog at the arena.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Ya, to be honest the concessions at IGF are nothing special either. There's a couple of different local vendors, but not much beyond the arena/stadium staples.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg

But really, how many hipster cockheads go to Jets games? :laugh:

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport
They are eventually blocking off the skywalk on the northeast corner in the atrium and expanding the washrooms on the 200 level (there are washrooms and a bar located behind those two massive posters that currently serve the suites). That is set for next offseason. Currently they will be adding a customer service booth along the glass opposite the Jets Store they had on the 200 level of the atrium. In front of the large posters mentioned earlier, they will be adding a Jet Dog stand and a Carvery (pulled pork) stand. Those will stand there for this season. Any expansions north to the 300 level will likely be pushed off towards the end of the 7 year plan, as they would need to build additional flooring. If you walk through the skywalk right now and look up to the NHL banners you will notice a new transformer suspended in the rafters. That is for future expansion. Also ongoing are several new broadcast junctions (i.e. for interview locations, etc. mostly to make life easier for the networks) as well as them shoehorning booths and kiosks into every available square inch of concourse space. I have heard that as part of enclosing the northeast entry they are building a stage over the circular steel.

Source: I am a contractor who has worked off and on in the MTS Center since the days of the Moose. Unfortunately I don't have full details of the plans, as I get stuck on other jobs and usually get ushered in when deadlines get tight.

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
Wasn't sure where to ask this, but wasn't there an option on the MTS Centre website where you could see pictures of the view from different sections? Can't seem to find it, unless I'm mistaken.. Haven't seen a game yet, but I need see one in the Peg.. I'm gonna try to make that happen this year.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
What about more capacity in the 300 level crappers?! And don't suggest pairing up as a solution.

Maybe add crappers to the seats? That way you can go to the bathroom while watching the game from your seat. Would cut down on congestion in the concourse for sure. Might not be 100% socially acceptable, but I think we need to make this type of practice more socially accepted. Jets could be a model for the rest of the NHL and all major league sports facilities by starting this new trend. Make it happen TNSE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad