MTS Centre upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Ugh really?

This is the upgrade thread.;)

Building upon the sponsorship idea, that was a serious thought. Obviously Budweiser sponsors seats and there is the Manitoba liquor and lotteries flight deck. I would be surprised if TNSE did not seek sponsorship for the loge seating. Honda Loge seats or whatever it may be.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
This is the upgrade thread.;)

Building upon the sponsorship idea, that was a serious thought. Obviously Budweiser sponsors seats and there is the Manitoba liquor and lotteries flight deck. I would be surprised if TNSE did not seek sponsorship for the loge seating. Honda Loge seats or whatever it may be.

Hows that beneficial for the straight woman?

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
You make it sound like the 300's are full of leper's :sarcasm:

not at all. I'm in the last row of the 300s! But somebody suggested that you'd have the party atmosphere of the upper deck in the loge seats, and I kind of doubt that you'll really get that to the degree the poster imagined. not with the glass separation.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Hows that beneficial for the straight woman?

Extra revenue streams from corporations are beneficial for all fans of the Jets as it could provide extra money to creep closer to the cap.

I just feel the Jets should extract every corporate dollar that they possibly can.

Enterprise Loge seating, Bridgestone Loge seating, Ticketmaster Loge seating - they all work for me.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Extra revenue streams from corporations are beneficial for all fans of the Jets as it could provide extra money to creep closer to the cap.

I just feel the Jets should extract every corporate dollar that they possibly can.

Enterprise Loge seating, Bridgestone Loge seating, Ticketmaster Loge seating - they all work for me.

I'm pretty sure she was referring to buxom servers, not corporate sponsorship. :)

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
Any updates on the scoreboard?

Nope and don't expect any unless someone leaks it on twitter. I sent a tweet out to the Jets account asking for a detailed update on the Loge seating,scoreboard,suites and moose dressing room. Believe it or not they tweeted back informing me that their will be no more updates until the unveil at the first pre season game. There will be a write up on the renovations from the dressing rooms and the loge seating plus a time lapse and video about the scoreboard on jets.nhl.com but that all doesn't happen till the pre season.

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
this is the honda centers new board. I wouldn't say It's much bigger than ours at all

CMTseQ8W8AA6KjZ.jpg:large

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

Except it'll only benefit the male jets fans with the waitresses. Its sexist. Its Winnipeg there are women that are fans too.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Except it'll only benefit the male jets fans with the waitresses. Its sexist. Its Winnipeg there are women that are fans too.

Well if you were a Leafs fan their Ice scraping crew is 100% male.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada

The Loge seating will have servers as do the suites and P1 Budweiser seating. I have no idea if those servers will be male or female. I am certain that Centre Plate has 9 more years to go on its contract at MTSC. I wouldn't expect that the food and beverage service in the Lays Loge Seating, Reebok Loge Seating or Kraft Loge seating would be any different than what is currently in place.

Centerplate will continue offering event catering, retail food and beverage sales and hospitality services for all general admissions areas, premium clubs and suites, and special events.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722565

As for sexism and the NHL, it is alive and rampant across the league but fortunatly not here in Winnipeg. Perhaps a boycott of NHL hockey would be an option for some, after all revenues generated in Winnipeg are shared with some of the offending teams.

This article spells it out pretty good. Sexism and the NHL is a thread unto itself.

The institutional sexism of NHL Ice Girls

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...tional-sexism-of-nhl-ice-girls-184301561.html

I see no reason why TNSE would not attempt to seek sponsorship $$$ for the new Loge seating but everyone is entitled to a point of view.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Loge seating will have servers as do the suites and P1 Budweiser seating. I have no idea if those servers will be male or female. I am certain that Centre Plate has 9 more years to go on its contract at MTSC. I wouldn't expect that the food and beverage service in the Lays Loge Seating, Reebok Loge Seating or Kraft Loge seating would be any different than what is currently in place.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722565

As for sexism and the NHL, it is alive and rampant across the league but fortunatly not here in Winnipeg. Perhaps a boycott of NHL hockey would be an option for some, after all revenues generated in Winnipeg are shared with some of the offending teams.

This article spells it out pretty good. Sexism and the NHL is a thread unto itself.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...tional-sexism-of-nhl-ice-girls-184301561.html

I see no reason why TNSE would not attempt to seek sponsorship $$$ for the new Loge seating but everyone is entitled to a point of view.

I assume they will. TNSE need to maximize revenues.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i remember reading a rumour that the Jets were getting the Air Canada Centre's old scoreboard.
just saw today that the ACC did indeed get a new scoreboard.
can anyone confirm/deny the MTS rumour?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
i remember reading a rumour that the Jets were getting the Air Canada Centre's old scoreboard.
just saw today that the ACC did indeed get a new scoreboard.
can anyone confirm/deny the MTS rumour?

Doesn't look like it to me

CLmZcZKUAAAwcxM.jpg

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
If anyone was questioning the quality of the jets new scorebaord have a gander at the ACC's new 10M project

CMopH9aUwAQgPZW.jpg

CLmZcZKUAAAwcxM.jpg

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Did they throw in Randy Carlyle and a slightly used Nathan Horton? :laugh:

It's a brand new scoreboard.

it started with some goofball claiming that his brother in law was on the construction crew and that he was told the scoreboard was the old ACC one.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
it started with some goofball claiming that his brother in law was on the construction crew and that he was told the scoreboard was the old ACC one.

He should know better, we've been done with Leafs hand-me-downs since the Ponikarovsky disaster.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
this is the honda centers new board. I wouldn't say It's much bigger than ours at all

CMTseQ8W8AA6KjZ.jpg:large

Honda center's new board will be roughly twice as large as the new one in the MTS Centre. It's going to be 600 sq ft (30ft by 20 ft), while the MTS Centre's new one is roughly 300 square ft (based on the 2.5x larger than the current one).

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Lots of life left in the Jumbotron if it is a hand me down from Toronto. Was barely used last season for replays.

Well played! :laugh:

106048-Wisers-Whiskey-Slow-Clap-Remak-gmul.gif

Personally, I think the new scoreboard they're installing at the MTS Centre will be great - suits the size of the arena, and has all the bells and whistles of modern scoreboards. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad