GDT: MTL @ WAS 7PM - Unleash the MEH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If you are alluding to the Stanley Cup, it was McPhee’s team with the exception of 2 shrewd FA acquisitions and the Oshie trade by BM. They were done in his first couple seasons. To beat a dead horse, his drafting has been extremely poor.

McFail was leading us nowhere. He had the worse coaching hires of the two, made an unforgivable trade and never addressed the glaring issues.

The difficult part wasn't drafting Ovechkin and Backstrom. The difficult part was to complete the roster with competent players and coaching, and for that, I give full marks to GMBM.

Now, if the argument is whether or not he held on to the core for too long after 2018, it's a different story. But to claim he's been terrible since his 1st year downplays how difficult it was to make it all come together.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I would like to see Willy run Jackass through the glass and flip him out of the rink

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Womp womp…

I thought CMM had finally cracked the code in first 25 games, but he has sort of disappeared again.

Bad time for Mantha to take another penalty. We had some momentum
CMM has been MIA for 2 months…pretty shit play…..dude is just ancillary at best….

Reactions: troyerlaw

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Well this has been a boring game. At least we have an exciting post game interview with Beck Malenstyn and his dad, that’s exactly what I want to watch after this snoozer

Reactions: Langway

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1707273239499.gif

Another game puck to Dylan Strome for two assists, 8 shots on goal, and a spiffy 63% xG share.

Honorable mentions to Alex Ovechkin and Martin Fehervary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad