Not open for further replies.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
F56C80F7-3B2E-4326-BD78-0A3D9BD56E3F.gif

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
When does Carbery get put on the hot seat because this team so badly struggles to score goals? Ovechkin can't bail him out and quite frankly there is still good players on this roster as is that are capable to score goals. To me the system in place is suffocating the offense. They play too picky with their offensive chances, when they should be just shooting the puck from everywhere and going for rebounds.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I just saw the 3rd Habs goal. That was absolutely embarrassing for TVR. I have seen Beer League D-men skate better than that on a won face-off!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
When does Carbery get put on the hot seat because this team so badly struggles to score goals? Ovechkin can't bail him out and quite frankly there is still good players on this roster as is that are capable to score goals. To me the system in place is suffocating the offense. They play too picky with their offensive chances, when they should be just shooting the puck from everywhere and going for rebounds.

I think he's squeezed a lot of wins out of a team that should realistically not be anywhere close to a playoff position at the halfway mark.

One might argue it was mostly thanks to Lindgren, but I think he coaches defense well. I agree with you that he needs to make some adjustments offensively, they're not aggressive enough on the rush.

The hot seat would be premature for a rookie head coach whose team's been above expectations so far in my opinion.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
He doesn’t end up on the hot seat. His roster is crap. The core cratered. That isn’t on him.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think he's squeezed a lot of wins out of a team that should realistically not be anywhere close to a playoff position at the halfway mark.

One might argue it was mostly thanks to Lindgren, but I think he coaches defense well. I agree with you that he needs to make some adjustments offensively, they're not aggressive enough on the rush.

The hot seat would be premature for a rookie head coach whose team's been above expectations so far in my opinion.
There is always more to it. I don't think the team believes in the system in terms of generating offense. Lavy did a better job in that regard because the D was a scoring threat and that made the opponent respect the Caps D, which opened doors for more offense from the forwards. The two negatives with Lavy were his impatience on young players unless forced to and McCarthy defensive system(Lavy is having more success that he got away from McCarthy, but of course it helps he's coaching a much younger team in the Rangers).

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Edmundson for an early 2nd round pick is going to make the trade even worse. Hopefully they can somehow get a late 2nd for the plug.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
There is always more to it. I don't think the team believes in the system in terms of generating offense. Lavy did a better job in that regard because the D was a scoring threat and that made the opponent respect the Caps D, which opened doors for more offense from the forwards. The two negatives with Lavy were his impatience on young players unless forced to and McCarthy defensive system(Lavy is having more success that he got away from McCarthy, but of course it helps he's coaching a much younger team in the Rangers).

That's fair, but he's a rookie head coach who seems to understand the defensive aspect of the game very well, and he can develop young players.

I don't think it would be wise to roll the dice again to turn a mediocre team into a slightly less mediocre team.

The root cause of it all is the roster composition. You can't win in the NHL without center depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad