Pre-Game Talk: MTL vs. Det, Subban playing with Murray...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2012
Uh oh, I forgot it was gameday. Friday is my post-work-week-drunkathon, combined with the brilliant hockey lately, this could be ugly.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
ill gladly post the winning ticket and a picture of the money once the habs win tonight :)

oh and its EXCLUDING shootout

Even if shootout was included, which it usually never is, you wouldn't win anyway because with odds like that you will need to win by at least 2 goals. There is no way Detroit is a 2:1 favorite over Montreal.

Zdeno33Lucic*

Even if shootout was included, which it usually never is, you wouldn't win anyway because with odds like that you will need to win by at least 2 goals. There is no way Detroit is a 2:1 favorite over Montreal.

i got the habs at 2.30 last night at my book when alfie was almost certain to play

im a bruins fan why the hell would i come here saying i want the habs to win, other than the fact that i have money riding on them

go bother someone else

GO HABS! :yo:

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
He's statistically the worst blueliner in the league by far. His physical presence doesn't make up for this.
Wrong.

Mike Weber from Buffalo is at -25. That's a huge contrast with Murray's -10.

You say you don't hate him but then you say he's statistically the worst defenseman in the league. Hmmmm,...

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Wrong.

You say you don't hate him but then you say he's statistically the worst defenseman in the league. Hmmmm,...

But when you look at the team differential in goals for/against (+2 vs -50), that is more telling to me that Murray is worse.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wrong.

You're being serious here. Okay, read below.
Yes, he is.

Plus minus doesn't tell you much, esp when a guy plays for a horrific team. Look at how many goals are scored while Murray is on the ice. How many for and how many against. Look at shots for and against and scoring opportunities for and against. Look at the icetime he gets and what kind of zone starts he gets. Look at his goaltender.

I personally would rather have him on the ice over Bouillion (something I've been attacked for on this site actually) but yeah, statistically Murray is the worst not only on this team but in the league. He's very weak dude. I'm not close to the master of Advanced Statistics on this site - you can ask Et le But for help on this. But Murray doesn't pass the eye test either.

I love the hits, I love the physicality and we DO need somebody who can do this. But Murray's just not a good hockey player.

And no, I don't hate him. I don't hate Parros, DD, Briere and I actually like Bouillion a lot. But I don't think they should be in our lineup.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Is Douglas Murray the Worst Defenseman in the NHL?:
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...ouglas-murray-the-worst-defenseman-in-the-nhl

Douglas Murray is the Worst Defenseman in the NHL:
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2014/1/6/5278888/douglas-murray-is-the-worst-defenceman-in-the-nhl

I'm sure some fancy stat guys can post more of the data and graphs that they have over the past few months as well.

And I know that many of those stats guys disagree with me, I'd still take Murray over Bouillion.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Dude, I hate to break this to you but he sucks. So does Bouillion. Neither one of them should be in an NHL lineup. I'm not a huge fan of Diaz but there's no way that he should be on the bench.

Dude, I hate to break this to you, but he doesn't suck as much as you think he does. Who even thinks he's "great"?

As for Murray's last game... you're moving the posts. First it was he was great on the PK. Then it was he was on the ice for two goals. Then it was - 'its not his fault it's Gorges'... now it's he was even in that game... Bottom line is that he doesn't help us win but he often helps us lose. He's not good.

Bottom line is, he is good on the PK. And both of those PK goals against were generated on the opposite half of the ice from him. As the person who started the Price/defense ledger, you should appreciate the value of actually watching the game instead of just counting events. Say what you will in general about Murray, he played better than our best on the blueline on Wednesday.

And btw, I love the physicality he brings. And we desperately need this dimension. Even in light of his terrible statistics I could still support him being in the lineup over Bouillion. But there's no way I can support him ahead of Diaz. That just flat out doesn't make any sense at all.

No, it doesn't. But that's not even the point, is it.

When he was signed I was hopeful that he could fill the role of number six blueliner and give us some size and toughness. He's provided this but he's a terrible hockey player. I don't see how anyone could not see this.

But now that Emelin has the worst +/- amongst our defensemen, and Beaulieu is worse than Murray in Corsi, you have some new campaigns to start, right?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The worst part is.. some lucky luck is going to let this work tonight, then we'll get these pairings for the next 3 months.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Murray should only be used when we play slower, bigger teams, he cant skate, but can block shots and bounce bodies when standing still.

Oh and good luck for tonight.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
10-1 detroit. Price is going to be yanked too late and he's gonna walk over to Molson and tell him he 's done with Montreal

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
We're gonna win this one and Therrien won't get fired and Bergevin will be assured that the ship is already set straight.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dude, I hate to break this to you, but he doesn't suck as much as you think he does. Who even thinks he's "great"?

Bottom line is, he is good on the PK. And both of those PK goals against were generated on the opposite half of the ice from him. As the person who started the Price/defense ledger, you should appreciate the value of actually watching the game instead of just counting events. Say what you will in general about Murray, he played better than our best on the blueline on Wednesday.

No, it doesn't. But that's not even the point, is it.

But now that Emelin has the worst +/- amongst our defensemen, and Beaulieu is worse than Murray in Corsi, you have some new campaigns to start, right?
Murray on the ice for three more goals tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad