Proposal: [MTL] Max Domi vs [MIN] Mat Dumba

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
What would it take to get both Dumba and Brodin to the Habs?

Domi + ??

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think Domi fits exactly what Guerin is gunning for. It was Dreger who applied the "1C" label.

Yeah. Like I said, I see that deal happening in June given Bergevin past record. My prediction is it gets done on June 15th, feel free to quote me on that in the future. ;)

Reactions: Spearmint Rhino

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think it’s a good basis. I do think Dumba is more valuable, but I’d probably end up doing it 1 for 1 just due to need

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Dumba is not the same player he were before the injuries. The only way for him is down.

As a Montreal fan I don't want Dumba near my roster, and as a Minnesota fan I want him moved for a top 6 forward.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I tend to think the same, but with Domi being more valuable.
Funny how you’re always more inclined to think your player is more valuable. I just say Dumba because I know what he was last year and know there’s a chance that he can be that again. It was incredible to watch. He was so dynamic from the blue line. Looked like he was going to be a 1D for the next decade for us. That’s why I have trouble with the idea of trading him after a bad half of a season. He’s been much better since the all-star break. For me, I think Domi and Dumba are both having bad years, but I Valued Dumba >>>> Domi coming I to this year.

Reactions: Fixxer

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Dumba is not the same player he were before the injuries. The only way for him is down.

As a Montreal fan I don't want Dumba near my roster, and as a Minnesota fan I want him moved for a top 6 forward.

His game has really started to take off again these last few weeks. And you're kidding yourself if you think Wild fans want him moved for a top 6 forward. We don't want him moved PERIOD. But if we did, it would be for a player like Domi.

Reactions: Bazeek

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Then I would trade Petry for a 1st+ and trade that 1st I got from Petry + Domi for Dumba + Brodin.
Still not a chance. Domi + late 1st isn’t going to cut it. I’m not even sure that Montreal’s 1st would, I just think that it would be OK on value

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Did i not read that Weber will return prior to the end of the season. That the injury is not nearly as bad as previously thought?

Why then are we trading for RHD Dumba?
so we can have a core RD to follow our core age curve.
And to also cash-in at his highest value on Petry

Reactions: Mark Kandy

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Still not a chance. Domi + late 1st isn’t going to cut it. I’m not even sure that Montreal’s 1st would, I just think that it would be OK on value
Lol, MTL's 1st is almost guaranteed to be a top-10 pick (especially with Weber gone for a while) and/or maybe even top 3 if we make the lottery. No way in hell Brodin is worth top-3 or even a top-10 pick at this year's draft (I'd rather go for one of Anaheim's LHD at that price)... Maybe Domi + mid-late 1st (from Petry) + a good prospect (not top prospect).

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Lol, MTL's 1st is likely to be a top-10 pick (with Weber gone for a while, we're kinda guaranteed top-10 at this point) and/or maybe even top 3 if we make the lottery. No way in hell Brodin is worth top-3 or even a top-10 pick.
I’d say Brodin probably has the worth of a pick around 15, give or take based on team need. Dumba + Brodin would be worth a ton. Maybe even more, depending on how you view Dumba.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
You get Dumba and you can trade Petry. You get a massive payment boom your D is solidified. Obviously MB or whomever is the GM needs to trade for a first pairing LHD but your in solid shape with picks and prospects.
It's honestly one of the best plan you can think of.

Dumba fits well, similar play-style to Petry so we can move on to Petry with a prospect + 2020 first.
Domi fits well Minnesota and fill in 2c while Stall is still there and playing well.

all in all it seems like a really good fit for both and it helps both team. BUT our GM has seriously no f***ing vision so I highly doubt he will trade Domi, Petry or Tatar.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
I’d say Brodin probably has the worth of a pick around 15, give or take based on team need. Dumba + Brodin would be worth a ton. Maybe even more, depending on how you view Dumba.
I agree that Brodin is worth a mid-1st pick. But the thing is this draft is pretty strong and MTL is getting a top-10 pick (maybe even top-3). I wouldn't trust MTL's future at all either (1st 2021, etc).

But yeah, my offer would be Domi + mid-late 1st (from Petry trade) + good (B) prospect.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Montreal doesnt need Dumba. Montreal needs to trade Domi for 1st round pick++.
By the time Dumba contract expires, the Habs should be on the uphill.
Look, We need a RD that will lead after Weber. Dumba will be around 27-28. We still need "young veteran" in 2+ years and Dumba would be that.

You don't win without a Vet #1RD except if you are Makar

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I agree that Brodin is worth a mid-1st pick. But the thing is this draft is pretty strong and MTL is getting a top-10 pick (maybe even top-3). I wouldn't trust MTL's future at all either (1st 2021, etc).

But yeah, my offer would be Domi + mid-late 1st (from Petry trade) + good (B) prospect.
Yeah the pick would have to have top 3 protection. I just see Dumba > Domi (slightly) so I think value-wise Montreal’s 1st would make the deal OK for me assuming they picked ~10th. It’s a good draft, but we’d literally be Detroit bad if we made that trade, so...

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Damn dude I haven’t read anything this dumb all week. Nice work.
Cool.
His game has really started to take off again these last few weeks. And you're kidding yourself if you think Wild fans want him moved for a top 6 forward. We don't want him moved PERIOD. But if we did, it would be for a player like Domi.
I don't care what the ''consenus'' in the Wild fanbase is. I want him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad