Proposal: [MTL] Max Domi vs [MIN] Mat Dumba

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Everyone needs more goals as opposed to less goals

Sometimes teams need to allow less goals as opposed to allowing more goals too
So let's get rid of one of our best high-end forwards to get less goals scored on our 10.5m goaltender. Yay!

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So let's get rid of one of our best high-end forwards to get less goals scored on our 10.5m goaltender. Yay!

I have no idea what’s best for your team or what your GM is planning, but it’s ignorant to judge Brodin’s value on his goal totals.

Reactions: Gains

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I have no idea what’s best for your team or what your GM is planning, but it’s ignorant to judge Brodin’s value on his goal totals.
It's not that. It's the fact that MTL should go for more offensive defensemen (I know Brodin has more points than Dumba - but Dumba is the right need IMO). Our biggest issues are that we don't score enough goals and our PP sucks ass (Dumba is/has been great with PP if I'm not mistaken). Brodin's a great defensive defenseman - I would have him AND Dumba. But I wouldn't trade Domi for Brodin. If I'm losing Domi, I want Dumba and Dumba only.

Reactions: yianik and Agalloch

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
It's not that. It's the fact that MTL should go for more offensive defensemen (I know Brodin has more points than Dumba - but Dumba is the right need IMO). Our biggest issues are that we don't score enough goals and our PP sucks ass (Dumba is/has been great with PP if I'm not mistaken). Brodin's a great defensive defenseman - I would have him AND Dumba. But I wouldn't trade Domi for Brodin. If I'm losing Domi, I want Dumba and Dumba only.

Agree with you and Dumba is signed for longer too.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No need to make this deal now. Best to wait till the summer, or even later. IMO, as much as the Wild need a C, they might be wise to see if Dumba's shot bounces back, and if Khovanov looks good enough to'jump into the mix with the big club. MTL would also have a better idea of what they have in Kotkaniemi, Poehling, and Suzuki.

Reactions: Gains and Tuntrui

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I don’t touch trading Dumba for Domi. Sure, the perceived value might be even, but I see Dumba returning to form next season. The guy had a pretty significant injury and is really starting to look better lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->