Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Nate Thompson and 2019 5th round pick for 2019 4th round pick

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Going to be honest - I did not like him on the Sens during his time year. Seemed like a borderline 4C at the time...wondering if much has changed.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Going to be honest - I did not like him on the Sens during his time year. Seemed like a borderline 4C at the time...wondering if much has changed.

I absolutely despised him at the beginning of the year--if all you can do is check and win faceoffs, why are you losing checks and faceoffs?--but he's found his game and is a useful player as of now. He'll be good depth for MTL.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
They get the guy for free essentially, as the picks are so close together. Get him in, see if he can do anything in the next 2 weeks. If not, Montreal has so much space and so few contracts that they can get another.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Why is Montreal loading up on bottom-sixers? Like, you're not winning the cup running Domi-Danault-rookie Kotka down the middle.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I absolutely despised him at the beginning of the year--if all you can do is check and win faceoffs, why are you losing checks and faceoffs?--but he's found his game and is a useful player as of now. He'll be good depth for MTL.

All he has to do is play gritty, win face-offs, take a lot of d-zone draws and be defensively responsible. That's all we're asking of him. As long as we can avoid deploying our good offensive players in defensive situations it's a win for us.

Why is Montreal loading up on bottom-sixers? Like, you're not winning the cup running Domi-Danault-rookie Kotka down the middle.

There's no legit 1C in that group atm (Kotkaniemi will be one down the line) but the depth is there, Vegas went far without a strong C core last year. We'll be getting Suzuki and Poehling next year as well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

VeeMerk

Jan 16, 2018
Remembering when Bergevin went out and grabbed Ott and King. I think Bergevin has done a good job so far this season. I don't even mind bringing back Weise. Schlemko wasn't working but he needs to stop dumpster diving lol. Did Montreal need a 4C that badly?

Put it this way. Danault is the only trustworthy faceoff wining C that we have. Getting Thompson gives Julien another option to put in a penalty kill situation to give Danault a break. They're piecing together a more stable 4th line, and that is important. Even if they only play 8-12 min a game, a team needs to be able to run 4 lines they can trust. That 4th C seems miner but we'll notice it in games due to the trickling effect.

Reactions: Holystik

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Who'd he play with in Anaheim all those years ago? Was it Tim Jackman? Now there was a 4th line. That was the golden era of Nate Thompson.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

It's a retool year, the goal isn't to make a serious run at the cup but to work with what we have. We are a playoff team so a few tweaks is needed but we won't hurt the future for them.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Now all we need is LA's pick to bust and for us to grab another Gallagher in the 5th round with LA's pick

We've evolved now to the 7th round pick , we picked Cayden Primeau in 2017 and Stapley in 2018 (who's having a tremendous year). We want more 7ths! :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: tmac51

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad