Confirmed Trade: [MTL/LAK] Nate Thompson and 2019 5th round pick for 2019 4th round pick

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
fantastic trade for the Habs.

As of now it is pick #117 for pick #127 and 26 games of Thompson plus playoffs. 4th line centre to only move down 10 spots, could be even less spots if the Habs get better.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This sorta sets the price for a Glending trade, eh? Maybe a 3rd instead of a 4th though

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I was hoping for someone with more offensive upside to compliment a Lehkonen or Byron that likely plays there with a full healthy lineup. Someone who could look okay filling in on the 3rd line as well.

Thompson is not that guy.

That said... that's hella cheap!

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
I dont get it ... I dont think Thompson ever had 2nd or 3rd round value. But why not just get another 5th rounder, without surrendering a pick back. Just to move up 10-15 spots in the later rounds? Its one thing to move up in the FIRST round... but there?

So weird.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
He can win draws and kill penalties.

I think the Habs really are going to go lightly into the playoffs, keep what they have.

Drouin-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-Domi-Shaw
Lehkonen-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Thompson-Weise
D-Lo, Peca, maybe another centre to upgrade on Chapoo.

Probably a LD too. Good on Bergevin if he keeps his assets and cap space because this team can rise fast with both.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
It's the return of Bargain Bin Bergevin!!!

The man cannot help himself :laugh::laugh::laugh:
tbh i'm realy happy this is the type of deal he's going for this season, we have nothing for a 4th line center we could use. Trading any A prospect or 1st round pick for an aging player would be extremely from where Montreal is currently sitting. Lets just enter the playoffs with what we have and see what happens.

Reactions: Rebels57

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle
I dont get it ... I dont think Thompson ever had 2nd or 3rd round value. But why not just get another 5th rounder, without surrendering a pick back. Just to move up 10-15 spots in the later rounds? Its one thing to move up in the FIRST round... but there?

So weird.
I would understand a little more if it were a draft day trade where the Kings had someone pegged in the 4th and were looking to move up, but this just seems like bad asset management by Blake.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
At first thought, I don't like the idea of Nate Thompson playing at all, let alone giving up an asset for him, even if it is basically just 10-15 spots in the 120 range of the draft

The acquisition itself is bad. But, if this stops Bergevin from paying a larger price for another 4C, then I'll call it a win

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Move down 10-15 spots in the draft at a point in the draft where 95% of the players selected won’t ever sniff the NHL for a serviceable 4th line NHL player.

The move is good for Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->