Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs sign Kovalchuck (1 year, $700K)

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Sorry, but I don't buy the Radulov story as you present it -- I followed the ongoing negotiations for both players closely at the time. It is my opinion that Bergevin bungled his negotiations with both Radulov and Markov that summer. Both players did have a liking for Montreal.

Markov became a Canadian citizen and had lived in the city some 16 years before Bergevin's negotiations with the player went sour. Radulov was prepared to sign long term but Bergevin gave him an ultimatum on an offer he made to him while he was a UFA. Bergevin then withdrew the offer and during that time, Dallas swooped in and made the better offer, which Radulov accepted.

I mean I literally quoted an interview Radulov gave less than two months ago where he said it was too painful for him in Montreal because of the divorce, you not buying it must take a lot of effort.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Bbinz said he "matched" the Dallas offer but Radulov still bolted.

To that point, I checked the difference in taxes and Bbinz had to pay something like 1.2 million more to match Dallas and their taxation.

That alone makes all the other arguments moot. It was Radulovs last major contract and he took the better deal.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Where did I say that?

If you quote someone, you should read the post....not what you read into it.
Or maybe don't post without thinking. Saying Price made comments about wanting to contend and these moves being "about Price as much as anything" infers exactly that.

Also saying Scandella can be a top 4 when he can barely cut it as a third pairing in Buffalo is laughable.

Acting petulant isn't going to mask your senseless comments.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I'm genuinely excited to see Kovalchuk in a Habs jersey even though he's 36YO

That’s how I felt about Spezza. Spezza has had moments where he has been a legit top 6 caliber player. Just few and far apart. However he has found ways to be effective even when not scoring which is what I was worried about. Hoping for the same for Kovalchuk.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Or maybe don't post without thinking. Saying Price made comments about wanting to contend and these moves being "about Price as much as anything" infers exactly that.

Also saying Scandella can be a top 4 when he can barely cut it as a third pairing in Buffalo is laughable.

Acting petulant isn't going to mask your senseless comments.

Again with more garbage.

1. I never said that the recent acquisition makes us a contender.

2. Price quote and link below: "A lot of guys play a lot of years and don’t get a chance to win. I don’t want to be one of those guys".

Don't waste my time unless you have something intelligent to argue.

Montreal Canadiens: Should any stock be put in Carey Price’s comments?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
In other words, he did not say what you claimed he said, except in your mind/La-La Land.

I did say it was about Price as much as anything....and I provided the quote. Without a motivated Price, we make the Devils look like cup contenders.

What I never said that Kovo/Scandella moves made us a contender. At the most, it gives us a chance to make the playoffs, although that window is shutting down with every loss.

Regardless, I'm seeing the IQ level from some that I expected....

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
Great pick up were getting closer to having a chance to get Lafreniere.

Sadly, you're gonna have to do way worse. Lafreniere in Montreal just makes way too much sense. French Canadians would lose their minds. I wish it would happen for them, but not a chance when Bergevin keeps making moves to remain competitive and then finish in that dreaded 9th spot. :help:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Sadly, you're gonna have to do way worse. Lafreniere in Montreal just makes way too much sense. French Canadians would lose their minds. I wish it would happen for them, but not a chance when Bergevin keeps making moves to remain competitive and then finish in that dreaded 9th spot. :help:

You bet we'd lose our minds. I was spitballin' Price @ 50% retention + the equivalent of three 1st round picks for 1OV at the draft on the Habs board, it didn't go over so well. Maybe just maybe the Kings take that if they can offload cap dumps + Quick back to MTL, but other teams most likely pass on that package and get Lafrenière for themselves.

Lafrenière - Suzuki - Caufield in two years or so would be insanity in Montreal, nobody's about to let that happen. Let the Habs rot in No Man's Land, Bergevin driving on cruise control.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Again with more garbage.

1. I never said that the recent acquisition makes us a contender.

2. Price quote and link below: "A lot of guys play a lot of years and don’t get a chance to win. I don’t want to be one of those guys".

Don't waste my time unless you have something intelligent to argue.

Montreal Canadiens: Should any stock be put in Carey Price’s comments?
Save the personal attacks and focus on your lack of understanding of how you structured your sentence lead to that conclusion lol.

:skeptic:

How so ?

Unless you're talking about reading minds.

Price wants to contend.
These trades are about Price.

By asserting that the trades are about Price means they are about helping him achieve what he wants, which is to contend.

It has nothing to do with mind reading and everything to do with how grammar works.

Reactions: Hire Sather

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Save the personal attacks and focus on your lack of understanding of how you structured your sentence lead to that conclusion lol.

Price wants to contend.
These trades are about Price.

By asserting that the trades are about Price means they are about helping him achieve what he wants, which is to contend.

It has nothing to do with mind reading and everything to do with how grammar works.

Price wanting to contend is NOT the same thing as you claiming that I said the moves make the team into a contender.

YOU extrapolated what you wanted to read INTO my post.

Grammer is a straw argument which is not going to pull your foot out of your mouth.

So it appears that you are either uselessly argumentive or not very bright. Either way....waste of my time.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad