Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs sign Kovalchuck (1 year, $700K)

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
Habs are 14th in the league in goals, perfectly respectable. I know you're just shamelessly pumping tires for russian players, but it's not like we're the 28th place jackets or anything.

Still you're a -1 in goal differential. Must be because you've got the best goalie in the world making 10.5 mil.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Because he's 36 and doesn't have his elite power and speed. Now for the first time he is not the most naturally gifted player and he can't adjust his game.

its cause he went to the khl where he could just carry the puck and just force his game,
I'm sure it's all he could get, but my point is why bother? It's not much in comparison to his career earnings and I'm sure he doesn't need the money. Playing hockey is hard and dangerous. He could easily forego that.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I'm sure it's all he could get, but my point is why bother? It's not much in comparison to his career earnings and I'm sure he doesn't need the money. Playing hockey is hard and dangerous. He could easily forego that.

If the jobs dry up, then thats one thing. Otherwise, who are we to tell the guy what to do. Let him be an ECHL star when he’s 50 if he wants.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017

Sometimes it's hard for a pro athlete to retire. I mean the dude is only 36 years old. What's he going to do the rest of his life? Just sit at home and count his money? That gets boring pretty fast.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
this is depressing, i was a kid watching his atlanta highlights just yesterday, then i jumped on the KOVY2012 bandwagon.

now he plays for the habs and came from the kings. just pick a good team and retire with a cup

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
1- Habs are not making the playoffs
2- Kovalchuk wasn't good enough to play for the LA kings (see point #3)
3- Kovalchuk help the tank
4- ?
5- Profit

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
What's hilarious exactly ? Other than you're a Leafs fan and Habs sucks ? I hope it's just that xD

Signing an over the hill Russian who doesn’t give a flying f*** about winning for league minimum in a desperate and pathetic attempt to salvage whatever is left of another write off season for a team who has hardly anything but a star goalie who’s overpaid and who’s best days are behind him. That’s what I find hilarious.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Why not,it doesn't cost them anything, he might have something left in the tank. Good deal in my opinion.

Reactions: HabsAddict

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Signing an over the hill Russian who doesn’t give a flying **** about winning for league minimum in a desperate and pathetic attempt to salvage whatever is left of another write off season for a team who has hardly anything but a star goalie who’s overpaid and who’s best days are behind him. That’s what I find hilarious.
A leaf fans opinion is worth......serious consideration........lol

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Seems like a good signing to me. Montreal is in a rough spot with injuries and assets. Not much you can really do but hope you can hit on some long shot signings.

BananaCat11

Jun 30, 2019
Laurentians
Bergevin was already making excuses and covering his ass at the presser. " he knows its his last chance" What a pathetic bastard. 10 years to late. I remember when Habs had Saku they would have traded anyone for kovalchuk in his stud years. I think Gainey said he would literally trade the entire team for him. Now we get him on his last legs when hes not even good enough for the hollywood slacker teams.. This is gonna suck. Talk about doing the absolute bare minimum to keep his job. His expression and demeanor at the press conference was that of a man who knows he has no chance in hell with his current roster and is just there to save money for Molsen. The Habs are literally just a tax write off for a rich buffoon at this point. It is awful. Embarrassing. If I was Mayor of Montreal , I would throw Bergevin and Molsen in Bordeaux prison for treason against the city! Yeah its that bad.. Tabarnac!

We need to find a billionaire owner who is a hockey fan! If you guys know anyone please tell em to save the Habs ASAP!

Kennedys

Jul 22, 2015
Saguenay
Signing an over the hill Russian who doesn’t give a flying **** about winning for league minimum in a desperate and pathetic attempt to salvage whatever is left of another write off season for a team who has hardly anything but a star goalie who’s overpaid and who’s best days are behind him. That’s what I find hilarious.

Kovalchuk will propably help the Habs getting Lafreniere and that's f***ing hilarious indeed lol

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Better 20 years later than never :D

fetch

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad