Waived: [MTL] F Joel Armia, D Gustav Lindstrom waived by the Canadiens (cleared)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Lindstrom is not that bad, he's just not great at anything.

I suspect he's getting claim.

Not that bad, but not great at anything sounds like the sort of significant improvement Canucks could use with that basically vacant 3rd RHD spot.

It's pretty much impossible to see how he wouldn't be better than say...Noah Juulsen, or Cole McWard who has effectively no Pro experience at any level whatsoever.

Sad to hear Joel has fallen off so far, i liked him a lot when he was with the Jets

I'm not sure if it's that Armia has "fallen off" so much as his intensity level and amount of hoots given about playing hard, has completely fallen off. Effectively the same result, but i think there's still a player in there who could be very useful...if he wanted to be.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Lindstrom is not that bad, he's just not great at anything.

I suspect he's getting claim.
Gustav Lindstrom will likely pass through waivers as he isn’t skilled enough to be an offensive defenseman and he isn’t strong enough to be a shutdown defender.

Lindstrom is usually quiet on a 3rd pairing but doesn’t often go above 17 minutes a game, probably out of fear of getting caved in his own zone.

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Armia is a player that should be given one year contracts only.
1696804783189.jpeg

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Gustav Lindstrom will likely pass through waivers as he isn’t skilled enough to be an offensive defenseman and he isn’t strong enough to be a shutdown defender.

Lindstrom is usually quiet on a 3rd pairing but doesn’t often go above 17 minutes a game, probably out of fear of getting caved in his own zone.
We all knew he would be in Laval ever since that trade happened. He's pretty terrible.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
More evidence that Yzerman just grabbed Hughes by the ankles in the Petry trade.
LOL ok.

The trade with the Wings was part of a series of moves.

Petry and Poehling to Pittsburgh for Matheson and a 4th is Matheson for Petry. Montreal is happy with that deal, getting younger, faster, and cheaper. Matheson produced well.

Petry at 75%, DeSmith, AHL body, 2nd to get rid of all of Hoffman's cap hit and a more expensive Pitlick (than Legare).

50% retained to get Petry back to Michigan as a favour to him for a 4th and a body for the farm.

DeSmith for Pearson and a 3rd,.

So, for retaining 2.343 million on Petry, Hoffman, Poehling, and Pitlick, Montreal has Matheson, Pearson, a 2nd, a 4th, and a 4th. I'm more than comfortable with that.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
You really should change your handle to Dinde.
If that's your only comeback when faced with facts, I think the name suits you a lot better.

Or if you absolutely need to live in a pretend world where the Red Wings trade's value has anything to do with the Matheson trade a year earlier, maybe DNYL?

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If that's your only comeback when faced with facts, I think the name suits you a lot better.

Or if you absolutely need to live in a pretend world where the Red Wings trade's value has anything to do with the Matheson trade a year earlier, maybe DNYL?
It's turkey day for many, and your take is for the birds. Ask the Red Wings fans how they feel about the Yzerplan. They aren't that thrilled the last couple of years and feel the plot has been lost.

Not all trades are, or should be, evaluated in a vacuum. Especially one that involves a player that they knew wanted out. All of the moves sited can be linked to the initial trade of Petry to Pittsburgh, and as I stated, even with the retention I believe the club comes out ahead.

De-nile is a river in Africa. Enjoy paddling upstream alone.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Good news! 15-16 reasonably okay even strength minutes is pretty much exactly what the Canucks are looking for beside Hughes. That's what guys like Schenn and Bear have more or less played there. Chip in a minute or two of PK time and that's really all they need.

Question is...can Lindstrom actually pull that off? He's actually generally been held below even that threshold.

But still...i cannot see a way he's not better than Juulsen. Less physical, but overall he can't be less effective. There's no way Lindstrom has been broken that irreparably from what he looked like prior to last year.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Armia is a player that should be given one year contracts only.
While definitely true, after getting injured in the finals run he caught COVID twice. There is at least a reason for his decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad