Gatineau, Quebec
Had someone posted this yesterday, everyone wouldve gone like :

"Oh my gawd MTL fans nobody want your thrash"

"You guys are always making shitty proposals"

"Why don't you add Halak + Ryder + 2nd"

"Montoya has negative value"

and so on...

...And I would have agreed with all of the above :laugh: :laugh:

Thank god there's a few worse GMs than Bergevin.

Reactions: Garnet76

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hate this deal for wasting a pick, contract spot and development time for our young goalies. Better options for cheaper were available all year too.

How are your young goalies supposed to develop in a back-up role at the NHL level, playing what, 10-15 games? Better be a no. 1 goalie in the minors and see a ton of minutes.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

It's a housekeeping type deal, doesn't make Bergevin better than anyone or Chia worse than anyone.

Bergevin has been the worst GM if anything, given his putrid performance over the last two years. You live in a glass house, get over your fake hero.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Had someone posted this yesterday, everyone wouldve gone like :

"Oh my gawd MTL fans nobody want your thrash"

"You guys are always making ****ty proposals"

"Why don't you add Halak + Ryder + 2nd"

"Montoya has negative value"

and so on...

...And I would have agreed with all of the above :laugh: :laugh:

Congrats on the 5th round pick. What a haul.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I guess Bergevin learned his lesson when it comes to dispatching back-up goalies:

On October 11, 2016, Condon was claimed off waivers from the Montreal Canadiens by the Pittsburgh Penguins after being waived the previous day. He would only play one period (20 minutes) in relief for the Penguins before being traded to the Ottawa Senators on November 2 for a fifth-round draft pick in 2017.

Last edited:

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
What surprises me is that Chia still has the green light to make.trades. looks lile he is isnt going to.get fired soon.

Bleeding picks on a cap starved team.does not bode well for the future.
But last season Edmonton fans wanted him to win gm of the year...? Gasp!

If Toronto traded a 4th for f***in Montoya coming off a concussion I'd be mad as f***.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It's better than a kick in the plums, but that's about it. We needed back up that sucked less than brossoit. A 5th round pick isnt much to give up.

Good for you, but Montoya isn't exactly a Jesus compared to Brossoit. It tells you something when he's the one to go instead of Niemi. Granted, his technical skills are better than Niemi's, but he wasn't particularly good in any of the games he played before his concussion, and I doubt he's coming back any stronger from that.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Bergy's still got it. Say what you will about him but if he gets a mandate to start a rebuild he can get a good haul before being canned in the offseason. Just not a #1 or #2 centre.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Seems like a high price for a guy who would have hit waivers. I don't mind the pick up, but is someone going to tell me a 6th wouldn't have got it done?

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
A bit of a random complaint, but what's the standard for listing which pick is the "conditional one"?

For example, in this case it's "Montoya for a conditional 4th", but odds are more likely it moves down and becomes a 5th.

However when you go back to last season it was "Yakupov moved for a conditional 3rd", but the pick had a slight chance to move up actually be a 2nd.

Is it the high or low # that should be used, or just whatever goes, as technically both are correct?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Seems like a high price for a guy who would have hit waivers. I don't mind the pick up, but is someone going to tell me a 6th wouldn't have got it done?

Agreed. a 5th and possibly a 4th is overpayment for back-up goalie that has a concussion. Maybe Chiarelli said to keep me in mind with the trade down the road when Patch/Pleky are traded before the trade deadline and if the Oilers are in a playoff spot?

HABSFTW

Jun 19, 2007
Thunder Bay
Lindgrin played decent for us when called up, and I don't really feel that Montoya did. I can see us letting Niemi go this summer and just call up the kid. 4th kinda bad for Montoya, 5th seems about right.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Bergy's still got it. Say what you will about him but if he gets a mandate to start a rebuild he can get a good haul before being canned in the offseason. Just not a #1 or #2 centre.
If you look at each trade Bergevin has made on its own, they're usually pretty good. It's when looking at the big picture where he does a horrible job and has no idea what he's doing.

Reactions: MordredGK

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
It's a housekeeping type deal, doesn't make Bergevin better than anyone or Chia worse than anyone.

Bergevin has been the worst GM if anything, given his putrid performance over the last two years. You live in a glass house, get over your fake hero.

You mad or something ? Marc Bergevin IS putrid we agree on that. Paying for Montoya is idiotic as well though, even a 5th. For the record, I wish we kept Subban, Radulov and Markov, so Bergevin isn't exactly any kind of hero to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad