Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CHI] Kirby Dach for 2022 1st-round (13OA), 2022 3rd-round (66OA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I sont qish his career to be derailed. I really wish to see the Hawks out of the top5 so that their blatant attempt at tanking fails miserably
Oh, so you don’t have anything calling it a leg injury after all.

You can wish it all you want, and that’s fine. As I said, trolling hawks fans about Nazar’s injury is what’s gross.

Reactions: bert

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The trade was a win for Montreal. Dach is producing well, playing great, and continuing to improve. He has 32 points in 49 G, including 6 in his last 6 playing C.

Thanks for letting us know that Dach had a slower December and Nazar may be a future Hall of Famer. I'm sure it felt good to get that off your chest.
To me the trade is a win for Montreal and it remains to be seen if it'll be a win for Chicago.

Even tho the very vocal few Hawks fans in this thread won't admit it. Chicago made a poor player evaluation and end up taking all the risk in the deal, which is never good. They can still come out as winner, it's just not looking very good with Nazar missing his first full year. Both teams can be winners, but so far, only the Habs are.

Nazar is/was an exciting prospect before is injury, but it's always concerning to miss a full year with a serious injury.

What makes this trade even more questionable from the management is they didn't even know who was going to be there at 13. The trade was announced right before the 4th selection in the draft. They just really wanted Dach gone, which makes their player evaluation (in this case, win some lose some, no one is perfect) even worse.

Reactions: Walrus26

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
To me the trade is a win for Montreal and it remains to be seen if it'll be a win for Chicago.

Even tho the very vocal few Hawks fans in this thread won't admit it. Chicago made a poor player evaluation and end up taking all the risk in the deal, which is never good. They can still come out as winner, it's just not looking very good with Nazar missing his first full year. Both teams can be winners, but so far, only the Habs are.

Nazar is/was an exciting prospect before is injury, but it's always concerning to miss a full year with a serious injury.

What makes this trade even more questionable from the management is they didn't even know who was going to be there at 13. The trade was announced right before the 4th selection in the draft. They just really wanted Dach gone, which makes their player evaluation (in this case, win some lose some, no one is perfect) even worse.
The hawks saw Dach for 3x as long as you habs fans. Maybe hes being anointed a little too early?? As for Nazar and the injury none of you Montreal fans know what it is so why even comment about it like hes going to take a development dive. Your own guy who your touting as the savior missed half a year when he was 20.

The hawks decided they would trade the low ceiling player in Dach for the opportunity to draft someone they liked in that 13 range. The 18 year old kid has 4 years to put up the whopping career high 32 points Dach has.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The hawks decided they would trade the low ceiling player in Dach for the opportunity to draft someone they liked in that 13 range. The 18 year old kid has 4 years to put up the whopping career high 32 points Dach has.
Maybe the Hawks are just bad at developing talent? Don't feel bad, the Habs were terrible at this for all of the 2010s. Maybe Dach will be a hall of famer and Nazar isn't in the NHL at 22? What other scenarios can we make up? Make Hayes gets abducted by aliens? Who wins the trade then?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Maybe the Hawks are just bad at developing talent? Don't feel bad, the Habs were terrible at this for all of the 2010s. Maybe Dach will be a hall of famer and Nazar isn't in the NHL at 22? What other scenarios can we make up? Make Hayes gets abducted by aliens? Who wins the trade then?
Yes, maybe! your starting to get there. Your almost there keep thinking.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
So if Nazar and Hayes turn out to be hall of famers and Dach turns out to be a 50 point center for 3 more years while you retool/rebuild you will say you won the trade still?
Nazar and the other guy mean nothing to us - there was no guarantee either would be available when the trade was made.

From a Habs POV, it's Romanov and a couple of lower picks for Dach. The lower picks are largely random, and no one knew who would be around at #13.

Nazar is as irrelevant to the Habs as Romanov is to the Blackhawks when rating this trade.

All that being said... trades don't always have winners and losers. They can be win-win, or even lose-lose. Montreal could get a 60-point #2C who fits in well with Suzuki, Guhle and Caufield to build a new core, and Chicago could get a fine player out of it as well for a rebuild according to their schedule, while Romanov is a staple in NYI's top-4 for a decade to come, and all teams could be thrilled.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Leg injury couldn't play all year means either
1- ACL
2- Achiles
3- Menicus repair (even that is nore like 6months ish)
He prob tore his ACL and needed surgery.
And yes at that age it can be really problematic cause you just missed a full year of training / development / weight training

Talk about completely unfounded speculation.

The article you site later says lower body injury, not leg injury. The speculation has been a sports hernia. I suspect the timeline is more due to making sure to take enough time to allow everything to heal and lower the likelihood of any ongoing issues than it is due to the severity of the injury.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Nazar and the other guy mean nothing to us - there was no guarantee either would be available when the trade was made.

From a Habs POV, it's Romanov and a couple of lower picks for Dach. The lower picks are largely random, and no one knew who would be around at #13.

Nazar is as irrelevant to the Habs as Romanov is to the Blackhawks when rating this trade.

All that being said... trades don't always have winners and losers. They can be win-win, or even lose-lose. Montreal could get a 60-point #2C who fits in well with Suzuki, Guhle and Caufield to build a new core, and Chicago could get a fine player out of it as well for a rebuild according to their schedule, while Romanov is a staple in NYI's top-4 for a decade to come, and all teams could be thrilled.
I agree with you. I think its to early to determine any of these outcomes.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Calling a win on a trade for draft picks who havnt played a game is WILD but sure if it makes you feel better to claim a victory. Go ahead. Nazar could never play another game or go to the hall of fame.

Nobody knows how the future of this trade pans out (the point).

Sam Lafferty has 4 points in his last 4 games. ALL STAR.

Lower body huh. Could be hip or foot or groin or leg or knee or achilles or hernia or anything really.
None of the injuries you've stated would make a hockey player miss a whole season. Hernia surgeries do not take 9+months to heal. Achiles and ACL do

Reactions: viceroy

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Dach is probably the guy who have inproved the most since the beginning of the year in Montreal. He is a big player litterraly flying on the ice. I thought Suzuki was a lock at first Center. I. would say, Dach is drawing the cards. I was happy when the trade been made and his contract is also a really good one.

Reactions: jfhabs

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
did Montreal claim a trade win for the Andrew Shaw trade before Debrincat played a game?

None of the injuries you've stated would make a hockey player miss a whole season. Hernia surgeries do not take 9+months to heal. Achiles and ACL do
You dont know the injury.

Last edited:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
The hawks saw Dach for 3x as long as you habs fans. Maybe hes being anointed a little too early?? As for Nazar and the injury none of you Montreal fans know what it is so why even comment about it like hes going to take a development dive. Your own guy who your touting as the savior missed half a year when he was 20.

You are obviously frustrated with some of the posts/posters in here, but I don't know why you feel attacked by my post. Unless you are working in Hawks management and was part of the decision to trade Dach, you really shouldn't, event then... I'm just giving my perspective and you come out swinging lol

If Nazar missed the whole season, it's because he had a significant injury that required a surgery. That's a fact, it's not speculation of any form.

With modern medicine, he'll probably be fine. I didn't speculate on what the injury was whatsoever, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Love how Dach is suddenly a low ceiling player. I'm sure you were saying the same when the Hawks drafted him at 3ov. That's just a laughable comment.

As far as the bolded, it's wrong. Exactly how I pointed out in my last post, if you cared to actually read it. They didn't know Nazar would be there at 13 because they made the trade right after the 3rd selection. It's not like their guy was there and they made the move....

There are so many example of players who take longer, I guess the Sabres shouldn't get excited about Thompson because St.Louis fans saw him longer. Canucks/Hawks with Forsling. Hagel didn't sign in Buffalo and ended up a good player for your own Hawks. Flames with Bennett. There are so many examples. Management groups make mistakes some time and it looks like the Hawks made one with Dach.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
You are obviously frustrated with some of the posts/posters in here, but I don't know why you feel attacked by my post. Unless you are working in Hawks management and was part of the decision to trade Dach, you really shouldn't, event then... I'm just giving my perspective and you come out swinging lol

If Nazar missed the whole season, it's because he had a significant injury that required a surgery. That's a fact, it's not speculation of any form.

With modern medicine, he'll probably be fine. I didn't speculate on what the injury was whatsoever, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Love how Dach is suddenly a low ceiling player. I'm sure you were saying the same when the Hawks drafted him at 3ov. That's just a laughable comment.

As far as the bolded, it's wrong. Exactly how I pointed out in my last post, if you cared to actually read it. They didn't know Nazar would be there at 13 because they made the trade right after the 3rd selection. It's not like their guy was there and they made the move....

There are so many example of players who take longer, I guess the Sabres shouldn't get excited about Thompson because St.Louis fans saw him longer. Canucks/Hawks with Forsling. Hagel didn't sign in Buffalo and ended up a good player for your own Hawks. Flames with Bennett. There are so many examples. Management groups make mistakes some time and it looks like the Hawks made one with Dach.
I didnt come out swinging.

I said montreal fans dont know the injury and keep diagnosing. True. I didnt say you specifically.

Of course not but then watched 150 games of him. The predraft hope changed in three years. Crazy huh.

Yes plenty of mistakes are made every year. We dont know its too early to judge. The entire point. Dach could be Getlaf in a couple years. ITS TOO EARLY.

Indca

Mar 16, 2022
Well see I work with major junior teams as an AT.

All of those injuries have serious effect on how someone skates after. So yah there's that

But its okay Chicago, at least maybe the 3rd rd pick you have will carve out an AHL career?
Let's get Nazar for second round pick in two years, let their long term rebuild continue.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Montreal fans are happy with the trade at this point. They didnt win the trade yet. You would have figured being involved in the Weber Subban trade you would know that things change over time.

Let's get Nazar for second round pick in two years, let their long term rebuild continue.
Ask the trainer if he will be back in two years from his made up injury diagnosis.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
Thanks for clearing it up then. As I said, it seemed personal and that would be really weird.
You’re not getting it. Most hawks fans, myself included, are absolutely fine if Dach turns into a 70 point center. it’s fine. He wasn’t working out here, and we’re excited about the players we drafted. The really weird thing is some Habs fans insistence that we should be regretting the trade even though we don’t, and how upset they get that we’re depriving them of that satisfaction.

Reactions: BHawk21

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Calling a win on a trade for draft picks who havnt played a game is WILD but sure if it makes you feel better to claim a victory. Go ahead. Nazar could never play another game or go to the hall of fame.

Nobody knows how the future of this trade pans out (the point).

Sam Lafferty has 4 points in his last 4 games. ALL STAR.
Not sure how much clearer I can make this: Trades are contextual, not competitive. Both teams can win because they're not looking to fill the exact same need for the same timeline. Montreal needed Dach because his age and position fits their rebuild. It's a clear win because he's playing very well. Frankly, trying to nitpick his stats to diminish his season looks a little desperate.

Nazar may also become a win for Chicago, but obviously there's zero data so far. I haven't said anything negative about him or the Hawks because his future has no impact on Dach's future with the Habs. Separate needs, separate timelines. Trying to make every trade into a winner/loser argument misses the point.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
You’re not getting it. Most hawks fans, myself included, are absolutely fine if Dach turns into a 70 point center. it’s fine. He wasn’t working out here, and we’re excited about the players we drafted. The really weird thing is some Habs fans insistence that we should be regretting the trade even though we don’t, and how upset they get that we’re depriving them of that satisfaction.
Hopefully Dach succeeds and it works out for both teams. We wont know for a while....

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This is how I feel from the other end. Sincere good luck to Nazar and Chicago.

Maybe we should call it a barter instead of a trade. Sounds more even...

Reactions: hawksrule

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Not sure how much clearer I can make this: Trades are contextual, not competitive. Both teams can win because they're not looking to fill the exact same need for the same timeline. Montreal needed Dach because his age and position fits their rebuild. It's a clear win because he's playing very well. Frankly, trying to nitpick his stats to diminish his season looks a little desperate.

Nazar may also become a win for Chicago, but obviously there's zero data so far. I haven't said anything negative about him or the Hawks because his future has no impact on Dach's future with the Habs. Separate needs, separate timelines. Trying to make every trade into a winner/loser argument misses the point.
Yes thats the argument. Its not a clear win I dont know what to tell you. He has 32 points on a second last place team giving away a 13th overall pick and another 3rd. You are happy with the trade as of now.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The really weird thing is that you care about what some Habs fans are saying at all. Don't say you don't, because this is like the 3rd time you've brought this up to me.

Stop caring.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

Don't worry I think most Habs fans would also be very happy if it is a win-win for both teams. I am not even sure it is a win for MTL yet to be fair, he is still on pace for <20goals. I was high on him at the draft and was happy the Hawks selected him at 3OA but he has been disappointing in his first 3 years, I also liked Nazar and I hope he succeeds in Chicago, it really sucks he got injured so soon. I had Nazar between 5 and 10 in the last draft, don't let me down kid. ;)

I think CHI has quite a few good prospects already between Reichel, Nazar, Korchinsky, and if Kane is moved I would not be surprised they get another very good one.

Reactions: hawksrule

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
The really weird thing is that you care about what some Habs fans are saying at all. Don't say you don't, because this is like the 3rd time you've brought this up to me.

Stop caring.
Why would you care if I care?

This is a message board. People make posts and other people comment on those posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad