Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CHI] Kirby Dach for 2022 1st-round (13OA), 2022 3rd-round (66OA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
If all their focus was on a 1 year rebuild. If they get Michkov and he's great in 4 years along with 2 other top 3 picks they maybe get the next 2 season. The Dach trade and point of the long term rebuild would be way worth it even if Dach stays a solid 1st liner
Hawks still need to ice a hockey team next year if they want fans in the stands. No Kane no Toews, who are they going to showcase to their fans if they pick Michkov? Fact is there's no way they draft him. Cause no matter how long the rebuild os the owner won't want to lose $

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Hawks still need to ice a hockey team next year if they want fans in the stands. No Kane no Toews, who are they going to showcase to their fans if they pick Michkov? Fact is there's no way they draft him. Cause no matter how long the rebuild os the owner won't want to lose $
The owners son in charge has stated alongside they have the intent and trust in the long term rebuild. It seems so many have a unfirm view from afar.

But also there's not a garuntee 1 of Kane or Toews aren't back. It's not holding back this process of the rebuild keeping them around.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It’s just funny how quiet this thread was when he had ten points over two months.
He’s had a fine but unremarkable season, on pace for 50 points, mostly as a winger. Suddenly he has a two goal game and this thread makes him out to be Mark Messier.

Again, you guys can be happy with him without whatever additional validation you’re looking to derive through Chicago fan regret that doesn’t actually exist.
I didn't say a negative word about Chicago or its fans, and all the validation I need is Dach's ongoing strong performance.

My original point was that this thread stopped being about the trade and has become a back-and-forth spitting contest between fans. Dach has been terrific. No exaggeration or cherrypicking changes that. That said, a good trade for Montreal doesn't make it a bad trade for Chicago. We have no idea what Nazar will become – I'm happy to give the kid a few years. Likewise, I'm happy to watch Dach's NHL career develop as he continues getting stronger and more confident.

By the way, as of tonight 6 points in his last 6 games.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
haha where did i claim victory for the Hawks?
Cant wait for an Isles fan bumping the Romanov trade thread after a big game and start it with: Thank you Habs.
I’m sure that would go well
We had a glut of defenseman that play a similar game to Romanov, we’ve been desperate for centres for forever. Hope Romanov has a great career he was a fan favorite but between him, Guhle and Xhekaj we have too many who play a similar role

Reactions: HabsQC

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It’s a weird thread to the extent Habs fans run to this thread any time Dach has a decent game demanding not only that they be declared official victors of the trade, but also insistent that Chicago fans aren’t also allowed to be happy with it.
Ok? And why do you care?

I have not been following this thread and only read the last page. And it is some f***ing weird ass shit if you ask me. Dach is 22 years old, he's still developing as a player.

Reactions: Samhockey3

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Actually...

Hawks have 5% more chance as of now than the Habs to draft Bedard.
Nazar hasn't played all year and had surgery, the guy may never be the same again.
If hawks don,t gt Bedard, they are clear losers in this deal, The ONLY way they win this deal is if they end up drafting Bedard

And let's not forget Habs have one of the toughest schedule for the last 40 games, and half their team will either be traded or be on IR. Hawks have no real way to get worse except trading Kane and, even tho that may happen, Kane holds all the cards on where he's heading due to the NMC. He may also very well decide not to be traded if the destination that are trying to get him aren't the ones where he wants to go.
Legit question; Why do we need a winner and a loser? We’re happy with Dach and I bet Chicago is happy they got to pick guys they truly believe in. I’ll go even further than that, I’m pretty confident NYI is also happy with Romanov.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
haha where did i claim victory for the Hawks?
Cant wait for an Isles fan bumping the Romanov trade thread after a big game and start it with: Thank you Habs.
I’m sure that would go well

Dach > Romanov > Nazar.

Habs very much liked Romanov and we didn't want to trade him but we were deep at LD and we needed centers. Dach was clearly being shopped by the Hawks and Hughes took advantage of buying low. Downplaying Dach's season so far is ignorance. Trying to speak with authority with lack of information. Some advise for you... You're only going to make a fool of yourself while you try to belittle Habs fans with Dach. Your Habs belittle narrative is getting old bud

Dach started to look better when he was put on a line with Suzuki and Caufield and he was the one driving the physical and puck possession area on that line. It did leave me wondering if he looked better because of who he was playing with. Fast forward to the last few weeks and Dach has been producing on his own with less talent with him. He's improving as the season moves along and he's clearly showing the promise he had on draft day. Most of us fans remember the promise he had and it's similar to Fantilli today

• Haha
Reactions: hawksrule

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
This thread should be locked but it's not so I'm posting.

As a Habs fan I'm happy, but Hawks fans being happy with the trade is just fine, they know their team better than we do. Dach has played his best hockey in the NHL his past 10 games and he is still only on pace for ~55 points, staying another year in Chicago could've ruined his value entirely and he could've become a total wasted asset for Chicago.

The one thing that confuses me is it seems that people value Nazar more now than when he was drafted. He's missing the entire season of his most important developmental year, that has to be quite worrisome.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Actually...

Hawks have 5% more chance as of now than the Habs to draft Bedard.
Nazar hasn't played all year and had surgery, the guy may never be the same again.
If hawks don,t gt Bedard, they are clear losers in this deal, The ONLY way they win this deal is if they end up drafting Bedard

And let's not forget Habs have one of the toughest schedule for the last 40 games, and half their team will either be traded or be on IR. Hawks have no real way to get worse except trading Kane and, even tho that may happen, Kane holds all the cards on where he's heading due to the NMC. He may also very well decide not to be traded if the destination that are trying to get him aren't the ones where he wants to go.
whats his injury

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
We know exactly what we gave up: the 13th and 66th picks. And it's a fair guess that the Habs wouldn't have picked Nazar. (from what I've read, they had a soft spot for Ostlund, and actually tried to trade for a pick to get him)
So if Nazar and Hayes turn out to be hall of famers and Dach turns out to be a 50 point center for 3 more years while you retool/rebuild you will say you won the trade still?

This is year one of the trade and Dach has a career high 32 points. We do not know anything about the trade just that you are happy at this point in Dachs development.

So that means Dach has 21 points in the other 22 games, including 5 points in his last 5 games.

I don't know what point you think you're making. Dach is playing very well.
and hes playing .5ppg hockey in his last 30 and people are claiming a trade "WIN" when the picks they traded away havnt played a single game yet lol

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Legit question; Why do we need a winner and a loser? We’re happy with Dach and I bet Chicago is happy they got to pick guys they truly believe in. I’ll go even further than that, I’m pretty confident NYI is also happy with Romanov.
yes

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
whats his injury
Leg injury couldn't play all year means either
1- ACL
2- Achiles
3- Menicus repair (even that is nore like 6months ish)
He prob tore his ACL and needed surgery.
And yes at that age it can be really problematic cause you just missed a full year of training / development / weight training

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Leg injury couldn't play all year means either
1- ACL
2- Achiles
3- Menicus repair (even that is nore like 6months ish)
He prob tore his ACL and needed surgery.
And yes at that age it can be really problematic cause you just missed a full year of training / development / weight training
So you have no idea. Thanks for the prognosis doc.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
So you have no idea. Thanks for the prognosis doc.
Well see I work with major junior teams as an AT.

All of those injuries have serious effect on how someone skates after. So yah there's that

But its okay Chicago, at least maybe the 3rd rd pick you have will carve out an AHL career?

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

All of those injuries have serious effect on how someone skates after. So yah there's that

But its okay Chicago, at least maybe the 3rd rd pick you have will carve out an AHL career?
Link to where it was called a leg injury?

Separately, the passive aggressive rooting for the kid to have his career derailed by injury so that the trade will appear a win for Montreal is weird and really kind of gross.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
So if Nazar and Hayes turn out to be hall of famers and Dach turns out to be a 50 point center for 3 more years while you retool/rebuild you will say you won the trade still?

This is year one of the trade and Dach has a career high 32 points. We do not know anything about the trade just that you are happy at this point in Dachs development.

and hes playing .5ppg hockey in his last 30 and people are claiming a trade "WIN" when the picks they traded away havnt played a single game yet lol
The trade was a win for Montreal. Dach is producing well, playing great, and continuing to improve. He has 32 points in 49 G, including 6 in his last 6 playing C.

Thanks for letting us know that Dach had a slower December and Nazar may be a future Hall of Famer. I'm sure it felt good to get that off your chest.

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and Zilo44

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Your an AT saying that Nazar may never be the same again while not knowing the injury at all?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Link to where it was called a leg injury?

Separately, the passive aggressive rooting for the kid to have his career derailed by injury so that the trade will appear a win for Montreal is weird and really kind of gross.

I sont qish his career to be derailed. I really wish to see the Hawks out of the top5 so that their blatant attempt at tanking fails miserably

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
The trade was a win for Montreal. Dach is producing well, playing great, and continuing to improve. He has 32 points in 49 G, including 6 in his last 6 playing C.

Thanks for letting us know that Dach had a slower December and Nazar may be a future Hall of Famer. I'm sure it felt good to get that off your chest.
Calling a win on a trade for draft picks who havnt played a game is WILD but sure if it makes you feel better to claim a victory. Go ahead. Nazar could never play another game or go to the hall of fame.

Nobody knows how the future of this trade pans out (the point).

Sam Lafferty has 4 points in his last 4 games. ALL STAR.

I sont qish his career to be derailed. I really wish to see the Hawks out of the top5 so that their blatant attempt at tanking fails miserably
Lower body huh. Could be hip or foot or groin or leg or knee or achilles or hernia or anything really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad