Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CHI] Kirby Dach for 2022 1st-round (13OA), 2022 3rd-round (66OA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
As a Habs fan, I thought we'd learnt to be a bit more quiet after the Drouin-Sergachev trade. It's impossible to evaluate this trade when Nazar hasn't even played an NHL game yet.

Reactions: BHawk21

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
As a Habs fan, I thought we'd learnt to be a bit more quiet after the Drouin-Sergachev trade. It's impossible to evaluate this trade when Nazar hasn't even played an NHL game yet.
He hasn't played a college game yet either.

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
They traded the pick for Dach, not Nazar. What Nazar becomes is inconsequential to Dach's value for the Habs.

Chicago is playing slot machines and is waiting to see if they won the jackpot. In the same way, they traded Dach for the pick. Even if Nazar never plays a game in the NHL it might of been worth the gamble.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
They traded the pick for Dach, not Nazar. What Nazar becomes is inconsequential to Dach's value for the Habs.

Chicago is playing slot machines and is waiting to see if they won the jackpot.
and Dach has 32 points on a bad team with 3 years left on his contract. We dont have any clue who won this trade.

Reactions: Gravity

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Chicago is playing slot machines and is waiting to see if they won the jackpot.
A lot of people miss that nuance. At the time of the trade, Dach was traded for IMO fair value. If the Hawks drafted a dud with the 1st, it doesn't diminish the value they got in return for Dach. It only exposes the scouting team who drafted Nazar. lol

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
and Dach has 32 points on a bad team with 3 years left on his contract. We dont have any clue who won this
As a Habs fan, i think the team was in a position where gambling on a pick made more sense than trading for Dach, because they truly need to swing for the fences in their rebuild right now if they want to get anywhere.

Dach might become a good player and Nazar might become nothing, but I don't think Dach becomes the gamebreaker we desperately need while a pick can become anything.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'm no Habs fan but they traded a 9th overall draft pick for a former 3rd overall who is already a bonafide NHLer. You never even have the certainty that a 9th is going to be a NHL player, let alone a star.

Dach is a good player. Everyone is waiting for Byfield to break out into this Joe-Thornton lite but I think Dach has a better chance to be a high-end big body playmaker, especially on a team with a lot of young offensive weapons.

Reactions: OldCraig71

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I'm no Habs fan but they traded a 9th overall draft pick for a former 3rd overall who is already a bonafide NHLer. You never even have the certainty that a 9th is going to be a NHL player, let alone a star.

Dach is a good player. Everyone is waiting for Byfield to break out into this Joe-Thornton lite but I think Dach has a better chance to be a high-end big body playmaker, especially on a team with a lot of young offensive weapons.
Its been a long day so my mind is mush....but

9th pick?

Reactions: BHawk21

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022

Colorado 1st for Taylor Raddysh? Deal?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
crazy how this thread became a pissing contest. Many posters and media living in a hot take world.
wishing the best for my Habs and that Nazar heals and becomes a quality player for the 'hawks in the future

Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I thought Dach had a sports hernia reading the last couple pages.

Right now Habs are happy.

I think NYI are happy.

Chi will take years to find out if they're happy.

Despite how these forums discuss trades, win-win trades do happen. It doesn't always have to be a steal to work out for a team.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
you are switching from troll to trying to talk serious. pick a lane.
Says the guy asking for a 1st for Raddysh! LOL

I mean, what's your motivation? Why are you so sore about this? Get over it, Habs fans are elated with Dach's progress. Be happy for Habs fans. Put a little love in your heart! :)

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Taylor Raddysh is 24 and a former 58th overall pick, so hardly the same thing. And no.

Dach already has 6 more points than he did last season in 21 less games as a 22 year old on a bottom barrel team. Why are people hating so much?
but hes a bonified NHL player and Colorados pick may never become a player let alone a star.

Says the guy asking for a 1st for Raddysh! LOL

I mean, what's your motivation? Why are you so sore about this? Get over it, Habs fans are elated with Dach's progress. Be happy for Habs fans. Put a little love in your heart! :)
The point went flyiiiiing over your head. Of couse Raddysh wouldnt get a 1st back. Hopefully Dach continues and makes the lottery pick given away worth it.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hfboards is where hot takes come and learning isn't an option.

This place loves to call winners and losers of the draft an hour it just finished.

Reactions: Gravity

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
but hes a bonified NHL player and Colorados pick may never become a player let alone a star.

The point went flyiiiiing over your head. Of couse Raddysh wouldnt get a 1st back. Hes a bonified NHL player now and the 1st might never make the NHL. I dont know if i can make it clearer for you.
Except he was a 2nd round pick with a very low ceiling. Dach was a 3rd overall pick with a very high ceiling. Of course that fact escaped you and you had to go cherry pick an idiotic argument.

Habs gambled on Dach's potential. No one would game on Raddysh who has zero potential.

Dach was a solid NHLer with huge potential. Raddysh is a NHLer who's name sounds like a vegetable.

The Avs fan obviously felt the trade was justified given Dach's potential.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sure is a lot of gloating about a player who has averaged 0.5pts/gm over his last 30 or so GP. I don't get it.
hahahaha, so you cherry pick a subset of Dach's season where he was 0.5pt/game to illustrate that he's not much to talk about? How bitter are you? Jesus, what's wrong with you guys? LOL

He's on pace for 54 points while earning 3.3AAV and steadily improving and gaining confidence. Obviously Habs fans are thrilled. Why does that hurt you?

Reactions: SlafySZN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad