Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CHI] Kirby Dach for 2022 1st-round (13OA), 2022 3rd-round (66OA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
They are 2nd to last in the east and you dont know what you gave up so really you are just happy with the progress of Dach you dont know anything about the trade.
We know exactly what we gave up: the 13th and 66th picks. And it's a fair guess that the Habs wouldn't have picked Nazar. (from what I've read, they had a soft spot for Ostlund, and actually tried to trade for a pick to get him)

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Why not? you said 50 point centers dont run the streets and we would have to compete for them. I mentioned Domi outscoring Dach this year at a cheaper price.

Known quantity Kirby dach who had 26 points last year playing with zero effort and not progressing at all from his rookie year. Showing he couldnt play center known quantity. It looks like the trade might have given him a kick in the ass and put him in a position to play with more skilled players. Good for him. Still doesnt mean the hawks fans should be upset about the trade.
I'm not saying the Hawks should be upset. I'm just saying as a Hab fan the way Dach has been playing this season has been a pleasant surprise . I see him getting much better as he progresses with us.
Hopefully Nazar and Hayes pans out for you guys.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
win-win trades do not exist to some.
and winning trades or winning the offseason could be a band aid to not winning games.

reminds me of the Brayden Schenn trades for 2 first (farabee-Frost). Of course first years StL won (!) the trade. Philly took gamble they would win it later according to their so-called window.

Mtl deals established players (Lehkonen-Chiarot) for 1st: win as pick will flourish.
Mtl deals a first for established player (Dach): win as pick will never pan out.

Got to give it to them (the extreme ones), they can erase from their memory players they trade away like Romanov, Toffoli, Lehkonen.

As far as this specific topic (Dach for 1st), i’m pretty sure the fact Chicago’s tank is successful at this point is part of the urge to claim a win now.

Here in Montreal many feel missing Bedard for a couple of wins isnt that great.

You a hawks fan?
So i guess had the Hawks keep Dach he would have ruined their tank?
If Dach is that good the Habs did fantastic.
Big difference between Dach compared to Lehkonen-Chiarot but keep reaching .
As for who won most of us don't care because we got Dach but it seems a lot of Non - Hab fans seem quite
persistent to claiming a winner.

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Was very wrong about Dach but don’t mind eating crow. He needs to thank his rehab team cause he looked like a husk of a player not long ago. Always happy to see a player bounce back from a big injury though.
Ya i believe that injury may have pushed him further back than most thought.
So far he seems to be coming along pretty good.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
win-win trades do not exist to some.
and winning trades or winning the offseason could be a band aid to not winning games.

reminds me of the Brayden Schenn trades for 2 first (farabee-Frost). Of course first years StL won (!) the trade. Philly took gamble they would win it later according to their so-called window.

Mtl deals established players (Lehkonen-Chiarot) for 1st: win as pick will flourish.
Mtl deals a first for established player (Dach): win as pick will never pan out.

Got to give it to them (the extreme ones), they can erase from their memory players they trade away like Romanov, Toffoli, Lehkonen.

As far as this specific topic (Dach for 1st), i’m pretty sure the fact Chicago’s tank is successful at this point is part of the urge to claim a win now.

Here in Montreal many feel missing Bedard for a couple of wins isnt that great.

You a hawks fan?
Actually...

Hawks have 5% more chance as of now than the Habs to draft Bedard.
Nazar hasn't played all year and had surgery, the guy may never be the same again.
If hawks don,t gt Bedard, they are clear losers in this deal, The ONLY way they win this deal is if they end up drafting Bedard

And let's not forget Habs have one of the toughest schedule for the last 40 games, and half their team will either be traded or be on IR. Hawks have no real way to get worse except trading Kane and, even tho that may happen, Kane holds all the cards on where he's heading due to the NMC. He may also very well decide not to be traded if the destination that are trying to get him aren't the ones where he wants to go.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Any team that willingly punts on 4-5 years will likely be there for while longer than that. That's a hell of a long time to plan for intentional losing.

I hope Hawks' management are planning to be competitive within 4-5 years. Otherwise, it's a very bad way to do business.

I know rebuilds take time, but you can't plan to be bad for that long (they've finished 20th or lower leaguewide for 5 years already). That would be pretty d*mn direspectful for the fans.

If they traded Dach because they didn't have faith in him anymore, then okay, good for them. But if they did it to fit the « rebuild window », to get the 13th pick, in like the weakest draft in recent history, without even knowing who'd be available... well that's just plain bad management.

Agree with most of your points but the simple fact is the talent pool isn’t there. Even if we draft Bedard, and Reichel/Nazar & Korchinski are top line guys… We still need top pairing D at the least. We will have to wait for their development.

Picks like Nazar* are secondary type potential assets.

Fan of the Swiss league now or will you begin watching it when he goes there?

Tell me you two haven’t watched any games of Nazar or bothered research/read any scouting reports of him.

He is dynamic. We are very ecstatic about him, except for the recent hernia surgery. Look forward to coming back to this in 6 years

Reactions: goforit

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Tell me you two bozos haven’t watched any games of Nazar or bothered research/read any scouting reports of him.

He is dynamic. We are very ecstatic about him, except for the recent hernia surgery. Look forward to coming back to this in 6 years

Hello you in 2029!
I bet you are surprised he played fewer NHL games than the zero Angelo Esposito played.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Agree with most of your points but the simple fact is the talent pool isn’t there. Even if we draft Bedard, and Reichel/Nazar & Korchinski are top line guys… We still need top pairing D at the least. We will have to wait for their development.

Tell me you two haven’t watched any games of Nazar or bothered research/read any scouting reports of him.

Well, keep in mind, Chicago didn't make this trade with Nazar in mind, the trades were announced after the 3d overall pick, so Chicago really couldn't know who was going to be on the board.

That's the thing that makes it seem more like a firesale by Chicago and not a considered decision to go with Nazar rather than Dach. For all we know they had Nazar much lower but the guys they had higher were gone (and no post-draft interview along the lines of "we never thought he'd still be available will sway me. They all say that).

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They are 2nd to last in the east and you dont know what you gave up so really you are just happy with the progress of Dach you dont know anything about the trade.
Montreal and its fans know everything they need to know about the trade – the player they traded for is on the roster and playing very well.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Lmao what's with the attitude in this thread? Dach is f***ing awesome, so thrilled to see him progressing every game. Chicago is thrilled he's gone because they are trying to be as bad as humanly possible. Sounds like everyone is happy, what is everyone acting so pissed off?
It’s a weird thread to the extent Habs fans run to this thread any time Dach has a decent game demanding not only that they be declared official victors of the trade, but also insistent that Chicago fans aren’t also allowed to be happy with it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
No idea, seriously?

Thats indeed very obvious and probably the answer to your question.
The only thing that's relevant about any trade is how the players are doing. Dach's been doing really well since October. Nazar remains a prospect. Nothing's changed.

The rest of this conversation is posturing from fans, which isn't interesting to me.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
The only thing that's relevant about any trade is how the players are doing. Dach's been doing really well since October. Nazar remains a prospect. Nothing's changed.

The rest of this conversation is posturing from fans, which isn't interesting to me.
Dach had 10 points in 26 games from mid-November through mid-January. Pretty sure that came after October.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Actually...

Hawks have 5% more chance as of now than the Habs to draft Bedard.
Nazar hasn't played all year and had surgery, the guy may never be the same again.
If hawks don,t gt Bedard, they are clear losers in this deal, The ONLY way they win this deal is if they end up drafting Bedard

And let's not forget Habs have one of the toughest schedule for the last 40 games, and half their team will either be traded or be on IR. Hawks have no real way to get worse except trading Kane and, even tho that may happen, Kane holds all the cards on where he's heading due to the NMC. He may also very well decide not to be traded if the destination that are trying to get him aren't the ones where he wants to go.
If all their focus was on a 1 year rebuild. If they get Michkov and he's great in 4 years along with 2 other top 3 picks they maybe get the next 2 season. The Dach trade and point of the long term rebuild would be way worth it even if Dach stays a solid 1st liner

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
So i guess had the Hawks keep Dach he would have ruined their tank?
If Dach is that good the Habs did fantastic.
Big difference between Dach compared to Lehkonen-Chiarot but keep reaching .
As for who won most of us don't care because we got Dach but it seems a lot of Non - Hab fans seem quite
persistent to claiming a winner.
I have yet to see a Chi fan claim victory. They are willing to see if it will turn out into a win-win and even a clean victory (you know this option exists right?). They hope Nazar will be a nice player. If Monahan or Caufield can survive injuries, i guess Nazar can too. Only ones who claimed victory in this thread are Habs fans. They will bump it when Dach has a big game.

Reactions: hawksrule

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You guys can enjoy Dach. He would have never developed in Chicago.

We'll take Nazar and Hayes over the bottom 6er that Dach would be in Chicago.
Fair enough but the Habs will take that 1st liner over players like Nazar and Hayes in which you hope they turn out half as good as Dach.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
So that means Dach has 21 points in the other 22 games, including 5 points in his last 5 games.

I don't know what point you think you're making. Dach is playing very well.
It’s just funny how quiet this thread was when he had ten points over two months.
He’s had a fine but unremarkable season, on pace for 50 points, mostly as a winger. Suddenly he has a two goal game and this thread makes him out to be Mark Messier.

Again, you guys can be happy with him without whatever additional validation you’re looking to derive through Chicago fan regret that doesn’t actually exist.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I have yet to see a Chi fan claim victory. They are willing to see if it will turn out into a win-win and even a clean victory (you know this option exists right?). They hope Nazar will be a nice player. If Monahan or Caufield can survive injuries, i guess Nazar can too. Only ones who claimed victory in this thread are Habs fans. They will bump it when Dach has a big game.
Did you miss the part where i said Non - Hab fans.
Your saying that only the Hab fans are claiming victory is pure crap as your claiming victory for the Hawks..

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Did you miss the part where i said Non - Hab fans.
Your saying that only the Hab fans are claiming victory is pure crap as your claiming victory for the Hawks..
haha where did i claim victory for the Hawks?
Cant wait for an Isles fan bumping the Romanov trade thread after a big game and start it with: Thank you Habs.
I’m sure that would go well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad