Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
The fall of Domi in Montreal goes like this :
  • The rise of Suzuki and Kotkaniemi on the depth chart at center;
  • He can't replace what Danault brings to the table (also, Danault is a favorite of Julien for multiple reasons; there's no way Bergevin lets him go);
  • When muted on the wings last season, it's been reported that Domi showed disatisfaction and probably felt entitled given his 72 points seasons a year earlier;
  • He played himself out of the top-3 lines with poor performances during the season. The organization was unsatisfied with his low percentage of success plays;
  • He couldn't be used on the powerplay because of the said low percentage plays;
  • Bergevin identified weaknesses in the offseason (backup goaltender, LD and size on the wings);
  • Anderson gives Montreal much needed size on the wings;
  • Domi can't center the fourth line and he can legitimately ask for at least 5M$ on his next contract.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Funny you call Domis 72 points an outlier, yet Anderson has 30 goal potential. Strong logic
It must take a genius to come up with a an arguement I never made and then say it's wrong. Your logic is awesome. Keep up the good work.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
So... Domi outscored Anderson every year in the past five and he's younger too. Yet Montreal added a third?!

I don't understand what's going on.

2 words : Marc Bergevin

Terrible move by Montréal. Player brings no offense and is injury prone. This type of forward rarely pans out in Habsland, he's 26, never reached 50 points/year in six seasons and he will quickly be demoted to third line duties. His physique and play are that of a good third liner anyways.

I have pointed this out yesterday and some other posters did as well. This trade smells Cammalleri for Rene Bourque. Cammy was not happy and Bourque addressed a need. Bourque regressed considerably that when he was on the ice it was unbearable. He just passed by in Montreal and was traded for a washed player eventually.

History repeats itself. Montreal got another Allen and Rene Bourque 2.0. BargainBin's idea of win now.

However, nobody expected much of Domi when he arrived in Montréal. Galchenyuk was coming off great back to back seasons but was an off the ice issue. Domi was barely a third liner in Arizona but was young and was a great teammate. BargainBin played with fire and won the trade. But this one, I hope, is what will can him for good. As if having Drouin wasn't enough already.

BargainBin loves his third and fourth liners. He doesn't like talented and outspoken players. He can't find talent easily and when he does, it's impossible to retain.

Julien believes he can build the Big Mighty Bruins but you also need offense. This is not the NHL of the 90s.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Calling him BargainBin over and over again kinda loses its touch after the thousandth time.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
More grit ?
People have seen a couple of plays by Domi and think they know him. That and his last name.

Guy played like a pacifist all of last season. Even the season before, he was good, but a lot of that is on Shaw not giving a shit if he ends up with scrambled brains or not.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Calling him BargainBin over and over again kinda loses its touch after the thousandth time.
I have more nicknames in my bag: Bergerien, Big Mac Mark, WaiverBin, Marky Mark, etc. Which one is your favourite? This team is going nowhere with this clown.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

What a loser lol...Julien is known to be a good coach who has positive relationships with his players.

Is Domi still angry about not being moved to the wings and eventually to the 3rd line because he was getting outplayed by others? Oh well, Columbus' problem now.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What a loser lol...Julien is known to be a good coach who has positive relationships with his players.

Is Domi still angry about not being moved to the wings and eventually to the 3rd line because he was getting outplayed by others? Oh well, Columbus' problem now.

Seguin?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Seguin was Seguins biggest enemy in Boston, not the management or coaches, this had been well documented during the days leading up to the trade.

Seguin himself admitted on a local Dallas radio show that the trade was a major wake up call for him and the partying needed to stop

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
The pick is #77. I could be off on that but -
Alex Zhamnov was selected at #77. So was Killorn and Goalie Craig Anderson .

Patrick Sharp, Tomas Plekanec, Frans Nielsen,Val Filppula,Alex Edler, Letang, Chris Russel, Jonathan Quick, Ben Bishop, Brad Marchand, Clutterbuck, Adam Henrique, Zach Smith,Tyson Barrie, Brayden Mcnabb,Reilly Smith, Cody Aiken,
Radio Gudas, Trochek, Blake Coleman, Adam Pelech, Esa Lindell, Ghost, Parayko, Fredrik Anderson, Brett Pesce, Buchnevich, Jake Guentzel, Duckair, Bjorkstrand, Brayden Point, future star Sorokin, Anthony Cirelli, Adam Fox,

These are 3rd round selections made since 2000 you most likely never heard of except Zhamnov of course.
So 37 decent players came out of the 3rd round in the last 20 years. Let’s say about 2 per year.
With 31 teams in the league and Montreal having 3 2nd round picks in the draft, I’ll reiterate. I don’t think the 3rd is a big deal.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Domi is in line for a hefty raise (likely 6-8 million per) and MTL didn't feel they wanted to make that investment so they traded an unhappy player at a loss to shore up an area badly needed addressing. Is it a gamble? Perhaps, but they aren't on the hook for 6-8 million unhappy cap hit for the next 3-5 years.

Max Domi's agent in da house, people!

Reactions: Crede777

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Jackets' Anderson has surgery for shoulder tear

Has been wildly reported he suffered the injury on Dec 14. They didnt shut him down until March. Maybe take your own advice?

Thoughts on the below?

"Anderson admitted when he came to camp that a left shoulder injury suffered during the team's playoff run the previous April still hadn't fully healed. He played just two games before the shoulder was hurt again, taking him out of the lineup for six games. "

Battalion Breakdown: Looking at Josh Anderson's season

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
How would Van have money for Domi if they don’t have any for Toffoli? Domi is likely asking for same or more money then Toffoli.

Thats what some of you are missing. The deal likely ends up with around 1-1.5mm in Cap to MTL, which is covered by the 3rd. Anderson is not going to get the same money as Domi based on his last injury plagued season.

And the Domi I watched last year is not worth what he will likely be paid. Which is why his value was reduced - Anderson is a gamble but so is Domi in the cap world we are in. Are you getting 72 point Domi or 50 point Domi for your 5-6mm? Tyler Johnson had 29 goals two years ago, is a true C, and Tampa can’t give him away at 5mm.

Habs with their depth at C were not willing to pay Domi’s asking price, full stop.

I really wouldn't call Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi depth. Just a mediocre trio.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Josh Anderson is a player that everyone wants to romanticize over....

He's a forty point guy.

Montreal got hosed

Reactions: thebus88

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

I think Julien really hated Domi’s dumb penalties at the worst times and really let him know it. He also wants his top forwards, especially the centre’s, to be defensively responsible.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Josh Anderson is a player that everyone wants to romanticize over....

He's a forty point guy.

Montreal got hosed

If we weren't willing to pay Domi his asking price then its not getting hosed at least we got something out of Domi leaving - I really question us getting yet another winger we should have gone after another Centre imo or picks

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Funny you call Domis 72 points an outlier, yet Anderson has 30 goal potential. Strong logic
well in fairness that's not exactly mutually exclusive. Anderson's 27 point season is, to this point, an outlier. But he may have that potential. Max Domi's 72 point season is an outlier to this point. But it's kind of hard to argue he doesn't have that potential.

I doubt Domi ever scores even 60 points again. 40 to 50 I think is more in his wheelhouse. Anderson? Who the hell knows, but my suspicions are more along the lines of a 30 point player than a 30 goal scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad