Confirmed Trade: [MTL/CBJ] Josh Anderson for Max Domi and 2020 3rd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Why would the Leafs put either of them, both 24 year old big bodied forwards with enough skill that onebscored at a 50 point pace (which was andersons career high btw), the other a 30 point pace, as rookies?

They may not become stars but their performance so far, although brief, has been just as good as andersons.
Why are you calling 2 soft without an ounce toughness forwards "power forwards"

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
The French might go "Zut alors!"
The Quebecois might say "Ouatte de Phoque!"

Hello FerklundCGY! You're correct, I wouldn't have traded Max for Johnny Hockey. The Habs are trying to arm up for a possible return to the playoffs, we need warriors for that ergo Anderson. Now let's just hope Big Josh is all healed up. BTW all the best and I hope you can unload your DisneyOnIce star for a good return.

Yeah. I have no idea what Nylander's worth would be now. We're in uncharted territory.

Wow. More negativity from our Trojan Horse fan. Anywho if Anderson's good to go we're great if not we're boned.

Anderson and Johnny Hockey are very different kinds of players. First off Josh has had bigger dumps than Mr Hockey.

Potential? You mean in the 3rd Round pick? Because just FYI Puljujarvi's a bust.

Shaw had heart but was at best medium sized. Not a power forward at all.

Thanks Dion!

But Domi doesn't play sound defensive hockey like you'd want in #3C.

I know I keep repeating myself but what is it with these DRW fans that keep popping up in Habs threads and just spread bile? I've never given a minute's thought to the Wings. We haven't even played against each other in the playoffs in ages. *SMH*

Lotta people but you do realize there have been like almost 600 guys drafted in the 3rd in those past 20yrs?

Of course you can. You do know there's a max amount of contracts that any NHL team can give out?

2) So we downgraded from a 2nd to a 3rd and got some use out of Shaw?
5) Yeah that was one bad trade.
11) Complaining about the return we got for Patches?
12) So Anderson's already garbage? even before he sets foot in Montreal?
13) I'm proud of Bergevin for that. Offer Sheets are allowed and Sam Pollock would've used 'em.

Actually most of those guys are quite fast but I do agree that Marner gets rarely nailed. Due to A) He's very elusive and B) He just won't go into the corners and risk getting hurt.

Once again the DET hate brigade appears. Where is all this nastiness coming from guys? MTL doesn't hate you guys heck I bet most Habs fans still think you guys play in the Western Conference.

They have more value than most but Power Forwards are like Unicorns made out of crack cocaine to NHL GM's.

Why mention Cammalleri when Bergevin wasn't even our GM back then? Also Size/Toughness has just proven to be a huge factor in winning the Cup in the last 3 years. Caps, Blues and Tampa's trades have shown that embiggening your team may be required for any post season success.

I can guarantee that won't happen, that's not his game. However if you're lucky you might see 50-60pts with some tighter defensive play.

Wait you think Engvall and Mikheyev are Power Forwards? Are you new to the sport of hockey? Ever heard of Neely or Lindros? Ask your daddy about them maybe you'll learn something or two. Maybe that hockey isn't the sport for you.

Great job educating the ill advised, hats off to you!

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So Domi signed a 2 year deal right to UFA, if Habs Get Anderson at a decent price for 4-5 years I like this trade a lot for the Habs.
This now makes sense why M.B was in a hurry to dump Domi.
Now the Anderson deal will tell us a lot more on who might have won this trade..

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
Why would the Leafs put either of them, both 24 year old big bodied forwards with enough skill that onebscored at a 50 point pace (which was andersons career high btw), the other a 30 point pace, as rookies?

They may not become stars but their performance so far, although brief, has been just as good as andersons.

"On pace"... You're comparing guys with 15 and 23 NHL points to a guy who scored 27 goals last season he was healthy.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
What exactly is hipster about acknowledging that there is more to player evaluation then straight points comparison. Can’t even believe we are arguing this.

I know this opinion isn’t popular these days, but there are two sides of the ice and both sides matter equally. Some of us “hipsters” still pay attention to the details.

Huge Craig Janney fan I assume?

There is more to the game, sure. But Domi is significantly better than Anderson offensively. Enough of a difference for me, as a big Josh Anderson fan, to think this was a no-brainer for the Jackets. It's not rocket science.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
There is more to the game, sure. But Domi is significantly better than Anderson offensively. Enough of a difference for me, as a big Josh Anderson fan, to think this was a no-brainer for the Jackets. It's not rocket science.

Yeah cool the last Anderson we had on the team was Erik Cole. Erik ****ing Cole.

We've been starved for big forwards who can skate. This one happens to be able to shoot the puck too. Our small guys piss their pants and can't finish. We over-pass. Andy will help with that.

Domi was much in the mould of the Smurf era, but with the Joker's attitude (Ledger version). Montreal PR cast him out. We're becoming non-Smurfey again.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Yeah cool the last Anderson we had on the team was Erik Cole. Erik ****ing Cole.

We've been starved for big forwards who can skate. This one happens to be able to shoot the puck too. Our small guys piss their pants and can't finish. We over-pass. Andy will help with that.

Domi was much in the mould of the Smurf era, but with the Joker's attitude (Ledger version). Montreal PR cast him out. We're becoming non-Smurfey again.
anderson, romanov coming...top 4 on D all 6'3 or bigger ..more moves to come...the dumb myth will continue but habs are far from small and were never a soft team

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
anderson, romanov coming...top 4 on D all 6'3 or bigger ..more moves to come...the dumb myth will continue but habs are far from small and were never a soft team

*been soft up front, not on the back end. We haven't been soft on the back end since I don't know when.

Being pushed out of any kind of high danger area by the Flyers was disappointing, and watching Armia trying to do something was the most exciting thing -- because he could push Myers, Provolov around. Most of our other forwards were incredibly frustrating to watch. Reminiscent of Gomez & Gionta's True Smurf era.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
*been soft up front, not on the back end. We haven't been soft on the back end since I don't know when.

Being pushed out of any kind of high danger area by the Flyers was disappointing, and watching Armia trying to do something was the most exciting thing -- because he could push Myers, Provolov around. Most of our other forwards were incredibly frustrating to watch. Reminiscent of Gomez & Gionta's True Smurf era.
true. things will change. Anderson insulates gallagher...i still expect bergevin to move tatar and habs to try and sign simmonds and hall

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
true. things will change. Anderson insulates gallagher...i still expect bergevin to move tatar and habs to try and sign simmonds and hall

Ouch that's a high bar with Taylor Hall in the equation there.

I'm thinking ~2022 ish or maybe at the end of next season, Anderson/Gallagher are 1/2 RW which allows Caufield to come in as 3RW (similar to how young KK was allowed to be 3C).

Cole goes up to the Top 6 one or two years after being on the roster and developing his motor. Armia isn't re-signed, or signs for 1 year. If Cole somehow plays his off-wing then Armia and Ylonen will be 3/4 RW.

I think Anderson gets 5 X 4.5 AAV, maybe up to 5.0 AAV if Bergevin is in love with him. Ends with the Weber/Price contracts.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Ouch that's a high bar with Taylor Hall in the equation there.

I'm thinking ~2022 ish or maybe at the end of next season, Anderson/Gallagher are 1/2 RW which allows Caufield to come in as 3RW (similar to how young KK was allowed to be 3C).

Cole goes up to the Top 6 one or two years after being on the roster and developing his motor. Armia isn't re-signed, or signs for 1 year. If Cole somehow plays his off-wing then Armia and Ylonen will be 3/4 RW.

I think Anderson gets 5 X 4.5 AAV, maybe up to 5.0 AAV if Bergevin is in love with him. Ends with the Weber/Price contracts.
i said 'try' ;)

ps - what ends?

Reactions: Roadhouse

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Bergecringe is my fav.
Just watched Anderson’s 27 goals and two fights with chara and Wilson . The kid is 26 years old and a beast . I predict that 20 games into the season fans will have a whole new outlook on this trade

Reactions: holy

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
I really wouldn't call Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi depth. Just a mediocre trio.
Oh god man, how many teams wished their center line was that... young, talented, fast. That depth will surprise big time next season. If it was not for a bad 2nd goalie, we would've been in the series officially instead of thru the back door...

That center line shut down the Penguin big boys pretty effectively and had the habs had a real alignment (no weise, no weal, no hudon, no ouelette), the flyers would've lost the serie...

Last edited:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I mean, the Leafs have players bigger than Anderson.... Hyman isn't much smaller, and Engvall and Mikheyev are both bigger, younger and look like they'll likely be able to produce more, so it's not like the Leafs don't have "power forwards" like Anderson, probably even better.
Wow you sir are way way off

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
i said 'try' ;)

ps - what ends?

Anderson's 5 year contract. He might get 3, 4, 6. But I don't think he gets 1, 2 or 7.

Also, lmao at the Leafs fan saying "Engvall and Mikheyev are both bigger, younger and look like they'll likely be able to produce more". Enjoy little Dermott getting absolutely plastered by Andy next year.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Anderson's 5 year contract. He might get 3, 4, 6. But I don't think he gets 1, 2 or 7.

Also, lmao at the Leafs fan saying "Engvall and Mikheyev are both bigger, younger and look like they'll likely be able to produce more". Enjoy little Dermott getting absolutely plastered by Andy next year.
lol leafs fans...anyway...i think he signs for like 6 years...take him through to 31 --it's a risk because of his injury, but bergevin likes signing guys for lower cap / higher term

Reactions: glenbuis

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

If we had a healthy Anderson in this years playoffs , someone on Philadelphia would have been paying the price for niskannen’s cheap shot of Gallagher . Now if there was some way to land Anthony mantha for the left side we’d be golden .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad