Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
Has this been posted yet?
1386693_.jpg

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
It's a call I don't like to see being made, but it's going to get called.

Just like coming out of the last lockout, refs are going to be quick on their whistles.

NHL PR is hyping up goal scoring being up from last season, and games are going to be stuffed with PPs so they can hang their hat on that fact.

I don't like it, but it's the reality of the league right now.
I actually think '05-'06 was worse... could barely get any kind of play going before the whistles came out.

It will all adjust itself eventually, not worth getting wound up about because games are going to be called like this.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
For those thinking Boston will clean our clocks on Tuesday, do keep in mind they will be playing the night before in Carolina. That "should" work in NJ's favor.

If we get romped I hope it's the wakeup call we need. 3-0-1 looks a lot better than the team has played to this point.

It's early and I'm no where near worried. We should easily be a playoffs team but these 1st period slow starts gotta stop.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If we get romped I hope it's the wakeup call we need. 3-0-1 looks a lot better than the team has played to this point.

It's early and I'm no where near worried. We should easily be a playoffs team but these 1st period slow starts gotta stop.

It was the 3rd period last year. We played a pretty good 3rd period against the Isles, and Flyers. I am convinced we would have had a good one against Washington had we not played more than half of it on the PK. I'd like to say tonight's was good despite the goal against. Though there were still too many turnovers for my liking.

Oroku Saki*

Woke up feeling better. They were due for a loss and they got a point out of it. On to the next one.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Sadly i dont see where Larrson will fit.

Zid - Has been playing bad but still runs the PP for the most part and i dont think they trust Larrson for the job yet.

Tally - Not really noticed and i thought he has had 2 good games back to back looks like he might be coming into form.

Volch - To important to the PK

Sal - Been fine

Greene - Fayne - i put them together because they have been our best pairing and we arent going to break them up.

Good luck with who to sit. Someone just needs to go via trade for this all to work out. I know we all think Larrson can handle PP time and i guess they could move Greene up to play with the 1st PP unit and put Larrson on the 2nd unit dunno, glad i am not Pete!

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Wow... The worst game I've seen at the Bell center in about 15 years.

We coundn't breakout of our zone in the first, we had all kinds of trouble generating anything and my favourite player lived up to expectation and was terrible... Once again. The guys sitting next to us where like..."how is this guy a regular NHL'er, he can't skate and can't pass and he can't shoot?"

Like I told my buddy, we got a point in a game we had no business winning or even tying and that's the only positive I'm taking out if it.

P.S. what happened to Matteau?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Wow... The worst game I've seen at the Bell center in about 15 years.

We coundn't breakout of our zone in the first, we had all kinds of trouble generating anything and my favourite player lived up to expectation and was terrible... Once again. The guys sitting next to us where like..."how is this guy a regular NHL'er, he can't skate and can't pass and he can't shoot?"

Like I told my buddy, we got a point in a game we had no business winning or even tying and that's the only positive I'm taking out if it.

P.S. what happened to Matteau?

Really think his nerves got the better of him for the first time. Enough IMO to get him sent down. Still extremely high on the kid though.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Really think his nerves got the better of him for the first time. Enough IMO to get him sent down. Still extremely high on the kid though.

Maybe so, but Tedenby wasn't the answer and never will be. I thought he got injured or something cause I couldn't believe Teddy wasn't getting demoted from our top line the way he was playing.

I feel for Josefson, who has to center our 4th line when he could be playing alongside Zajac and Kovy if we had the proper depth down the middle, until Henrique comes back to the lineup.

Sorry to say, again, but Tedenby is AHL material and might bounce back.... just not here.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Maybe so, but Tedenby wasn't the answer and never will be. I thought he got injured or something cause I couldn't believe Teddy wasn't getting demoted from our top line the way he was playing.

I feel for Josefson, who has to center our 4th line when he could be playing alongside Zajac and Kovy if we had the proper depth down the middle, until Henrique comes back to the lineup.

Sorry to say, again, but Tedenby is AHL material and might bounce back.... just not here.

I agree I've lost faith in him.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey

Feel the same way.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
You can't win them all and the Devils have been playing well. Unfortunately, there were two plays that bothered me. one, I thought on 2 on 1 Kovy should have passed to Zajac, who was wide open. Both the goalie and defenseman were cheating to Kovy's side. Two, real bad penalty by Greene. It wasn't his arm, but his leg that caused the trip and deserved the call.

We definitely have some problems, Teddy needs to go down to Albany. Very, very weak with and without the puck . What to do with Matteau? While being sent down will only help him, it may hurt the Devils with their depth.

And in my opinion, I would trade Andy Greene, not because he cost last night's game, but because he's weak along the boards and still couldn't hit net if they put in place a soccer one.

Last edited:

Rella17

May 21, 2010
Bergen
lol at trading Greene

and his "penalty" didnt cost them the game at all, they were lucky to be there in the first place

apice3*

Yeah I have a feeling that Tedenby is going to be dealt, re-signed as a RFA, and soon enough will be on $125 waivers.

apice3*

Behind Rafalski, Paul Martin may have been the 2nd best D-man we've had since the 04 lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad