Post-Game Talk: MTL beats NJ in OT 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
lol at trading Greene

and his "penalty" didnt cost them the game at all, they were lucky to be there in the first place

anyone one that wants andy greene traded is asking for this team to be much worse...Andy Greene is our best defensmen. unless we are getting back a stud forward i want to hear none of andy greene being traded.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
anyone one that wants andy greene traded is asking for this team to be much worse...Andy Greene is our best defensmen. unless we are getting back a stud forward i want to hear none of andy greene being traded.

I agree but the fact that Greene is considered our best defenseman is a big problem we need a true #1 which I firmly believe is Larsson in the future hence why I think he needs to play.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
I feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't think anything is wrong with our D which is baffling considering this group took us to the finals last year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I rarely have issue with the Cangy Man's PBB for our games, I think he does a good job overall.

But I think he butchered the call on Patty's deflection goal last night.
It was not weird or odd, it was actually a skillful deflection that he intended to do to score.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
I feel like I'm one of the few people who doesn't think anything is wrong with our D which is baffling considering this group took us to the finals last year.

i really dont have an issue with the d more than i do the offense. losing parise really threw everything outta whack. not having henrique out there is a pain too. then theres rotating tweeners and goons that need ice time. outside of the staple players, its a dartboard. i want to see larsson play but nobody has really sucked enough to get a still inexperienced for the most part player in the lineup. marty has been the best player so far. thankfully. once henrique comes back, and parises production is at least attempted to be replaced by an outside source, i think were set for the duration and could still go far.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
AlexeAudet Alexe 9m
Great game, I love you pic.twitter.com/uzpOgLu5

Stefs girlfriend wasn't watching the same game apparently :sarcasm:
Thanks for giving me an idea.

2t3czr.jpg

Dear BC, could you please clear your Inbox? One cannot send you a PM anymore. lol

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Behind Rafalski, Paul Martin may have been the 2nd best D-man we've had since the 04 lockout.

This actually has me curious. Are we talking about best career, or best tenure with New Jersey?

1. Brian Rafalski
2. Andy Greene
3. Paul Martin
4. Marek Zidlicky
5. Mark Fayne
6. Bryce Salvador
7. Colin White
8. Henrik Tallinder
9. Adam Larsson
10. Johnny Oduya
11. Anton Volchenkov
12. Mike Mottau
13. Brad Lukowich
14. Peter Harrold
15. Anssi Salmela

HM: Richard Matvichuk, Matt Taormina, Nic Havelid, Martin Skoula, Karel Rachunek, Vitaly Vishnevsky

Yikes.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
i really dont have an issue with the d more than i do the offense. losing parise really threw everything outta whack. not having henrique out there is a pain too. then theres rotating tweeners and goons that need ice time. outside of the staple players, its a dartboard. i want to see larsson play but nobody has really sucked enough to get a still inexperienced for the most part player in the lineup. marty has been the best player so far. thankfully. once henrique comes back, and parises production is at least attempted to be replaced by an outside source, i think were set for the duration and could still go far.

Yea right now if a top 6 guy like Henrique goes down we're screwed because no one in the bottom 6 can be trusted on the top 2 lines. Josefson can play up there but then we have no centers to fill in for him. We at least need a reliable 3rd liner who can play in the top 6 if someone is injured.

apice3*

This actually has me curious. Are we talking about best career, or best tenure with New Jersey?

1. Brian Rafalski
2. Andy Greene
3. Paul Martin
4. Marek Zidlicky
5. Mark Fayne
6. Bryce Salvador
7. Colin White
8. Henrik Tallinder
9. Adam Larsson
10. Johnny Oduya
11. Anton Volchenkov
12. Mike Mottau
13. Brad Lukowich
14. Peter Harrold
15. Anssi Salmela

HM: Richard Matvichuk, Matt Taormina, Nic Havelid, Martin Skoula, Karel Rachunek, Vitaly Vishnevsky

Yikes.

NJ tenure. How players do when the leave/before they come to NJ isn't relevant. Paul Martin, while a Devil, was better than Greene. That's not a knock on Greene at all. Martin was phenomenal when he was here. The Paul Martin of NJ got paid and is worth 5 mil per season. The Paul Martin of Pittsburg is not worth that 5 mil.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
NJ tenure. How players do when the leave/before they come to NJ isn't relevant. Paul Martin, while a Devil, was better than Greene. That's not a knock on Greene at all. Martin was phenomenal when he was here. The Paul Martin of NJ got paid and is worth 5 mil per season. The Paul Martin of Pittsburg is not worth that 5 mil.
Just a FYI, he started this season on a high note.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
So a guy who reached more than 35pts once in his career (even prior to the Pens), played good defense and blocked shots is worth $5m? Martin was a nice player for us but him being among the best defensemen for us post-lockout doesn't say much at all

We used that $5m better elsewhere

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA

He never showed up when it counted as in the playoffs and was a soft player in general.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

The problem with Martin was that he was supposed to be our big minutes workhorse, but was made out of glass. So when he was in we had to squeeze as many minutes out of him as we could. Greene is a much smarter defenseman that relies on positioning, while Matins reach and athleticism made him a good defenseman.

The other thing is that Greene can still produce points while playing a shutdown role, something that was very hit or miss with Martin. Sometimes he'd go pointless for 15 games, other times he'd carry the puck like Bobby Orr.

Officer Rod Farva

Pump is Life
Feb 12, 2010
last night's game still pisses me off for some reason! IDK why we didn't play that great and it's just our first loss(we even got a point). But that call! I dont even blame the ref for calling it. That diving POS, never liked Cole

When do we play Montreal again? I wanna beat them by like 5!

apice3*

Paul Martin holds a high school football record in Minnesota for most career receptions. More than Larry Fitzgerald had in the same state.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
that call at the end was brutal

disagree. upon looking at the replay, it was a good call. strange to call that one with 1 minute left in OT, but thems the breaks.

our record is not at all indicative of our play. im hoping its rust, but im scared its not. it certainly doesnt help that parise is tearing **** up in minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad