Confirmed with Link: MSL traded to NYR for Ryan Callahan, 1st (2015) and 2nd (2014) round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
He really thought his best chance to win a cup now was with the Rangers because otherwise he would have waited until after this season to get traded. Either that or SY just knew we wouldn't get that same return for him in the offseason. Better to get rid of a distraction and get a guy who wants to play hockey for your team. Callahan seems like he is loving tampa so far. I think he resigns here. We have a big window open and he will still get paid good money. Good to have him here. Marty truly ruined his legacy in TB. He will go on to be the most hated player in TB history.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He really thought his best chance to win a cup now was with the Rangers because otherwise he would have waited until after this season to get traded. Either that or SY just knew we wouldn't get that same return for him in the offseason. Better to get rid of a distraction and get a guy who wants to play hockey for your team. Callahan seems like he is loving tampa so far. I think he resigns here. We have a big window open and he will still get paid good money. Good to have him here. Marty truly ruined his legacy in TB. He will go on to be the most hated player in TB history.

If Tampa wins the cup this year he also gets a ring, and his name written again on the cup I believe. So he basically has a 2 out of 16 chance of winning a cup, lol

I think you have to play at least 41 regular season games with a team, or at least one SCF game to qualify.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
If Tampa wins the cup this year he also gets a ring, and his name written again on the cup I believe. So he basically has a 2 out of 16 chance of winning a cup, lol

I think you have to play at least 41 regular season games with a team, or at least one SCF game to qualify.

I think that's only for players who are injuried, not traded.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think that's only for players who are injuried, not traded.

I know in baseball, players who are traded middle of the season can still get a ring. It happened to Bengie Molina in the 2010 WS, where he was guranteed a ring since he was playing against his former team. He still won it with his current team, but would of certainly been interesting the other way around.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I know in baseball, players who are traded middle of the season can still get a ring. It happened to Bengie Molina in the 2010 WS, where he was guranteed a ring since he was playing against his former team. He still won it with his current team, but would of certainly been interesting the other way around.

Never heard of that in hockey. Pretty sure, in hockey, there are ways to be on the team and still not have your name on the cup.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Who gets rings and who gets their name on the Cup are two different groups. 41 regular season games or 1 SCF game will get your name on the Cup. Unfortunately, Eric Perrin, who played 12 playoff games in the 03-04 Cup run, did get a ring but does not have his name on the Cup. Also, I just love this picture...

SCJ06_05d.jpg

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
MSL will be a healthy scratch tonight.

Guess he won't break 70 points then, 69P in 81 games.

Oh man, there is without a doubt in my mind MSL would've posted at least 1PPG over the last 19 games as a Lightning with the return of Stamkos, he would've finished top5~ in scoring had he stayed.

Sonny Lamateena

Nov 2, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario

A player doesn't get his name on the Cup if he is no longer part of the organization when they win it. For example Mike Gartner played 71 games for the Rangers in 94 and was dealt at the trade deadline to Toronto, his name isn't on the Cup.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
The fact that the general consensus is against Marty in this case tells me all I need to know about who the "bully" (for lack of better term) was in this situation. Yzerman made the best out of an impossible situation.

Hope you never serve on a jury. Sorry, but that is not a good reason to believe something. I'm sure you already know this.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Guess he won't break 70 points then, 69P in 81 games.

Oh man, there is without a doubt in my mind MSL would've posted at least 1PPG over the last 19 games as a Lightning with the return of Stamkos, he would've finished top5~ in scoring had he stayed.

He'd say otherwise, but this is definetely bothering him.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So looking at some of the final stats for the season...

Rangers PP has become ice cold, and Tampa Bay's has become hot, they have also surpassed the Rangers in PP ranking.

Was MSL not that good on the PP?

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa

Rangers PP has become ice cold, and Tampa Bay's has become hot, they have also surpassed the Rangers in PP ranking.

I'm pretty sure a Rangers fan has their icon as Marty the power play killer, so I'm guessing he is not playing so well on the PP. Here we just couldn't create chances at all.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Its not Marty, its AV.

This is the same guy that had YEARS with a stacked roster and two capable goaltenders and still made it a ****show and got knocked out of the playoffs repeatedly.

Say what you will about Torts, but at least he can make adjustments mid game.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its not Marty, its AV.

This is the same guy that had YEARS with a stacked roster and two capable goaltenders and still made it a ****show and got knocked out of the playoffs repeatedly.

Say what you will about Torts, but at least he can make adjustments mid game.

Was not happy with AV when he did not play Cally on the PP for more than 15 games or so. You guys see what Cally brings to the PP, and it was just mind-boggling why he did not re-insert him back on there.

Just to give you a comparison of two players, Rick Nash has 7 PP points in more PP time, and Cally has 12 PP points in much less PP time this season. :shakehead

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hope you never serve on a jury. Sorry, but that is not a good reason to believe something. I'm sure you already know this.

I think the standard of proof is a little different in the court of public opinion versus a court of law.

Sean Avery**

MSL was only ever "good" when he siphoned secondary assists off goals from superstars like Vinny and Stamkos.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
MSL was only ever "good" when he siphoned secondary assists off goals from superstars like Vinny and Stamkos.

As much as I want to pile on, this isn't true at all. When he won his first Ross trophy he was on a line with Richards and Modin and has always generated his own offense.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

His shot is much weaker then ever despite putting up 30 goals this year, he excels with a shooter on the PP and as much as we wanna blame him for this teams PP struggles it had more to do with not having a Stamkos or a Callahan on the ice.

MSL was on a unit with Johnson, Purcell, Salo and Filppula, tell me who's going to shoot on that line. Don't get me wrong, he was bad on the PP many times this year, but the times they were good was also when he got it going.

Yeah this post is pretty idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad