Confirmed with Link: MSL traded to NYR for Ryan Callahan, 1st (2015) and 2nd (2014) round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
wiggum-heart.gif

Cheers to the most fitting use of that gif I've seen.

I'm on the west coast here so this discussion is what I got to wake up to :(

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bob McKenzie: MSL wants a trade and will only move to NYR - PART II

I hate waiting for something like this.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I'm surely in the minority, but fire Yzerman and keep Marty. That's a better deadline deal. How far are we going to go in letting him kill the franchise?

Yzlamic Preacher*

Mackenzie just said on TSN Marty for Callahan is very close. And it's Callahan + significant draft picks for Marty. I will be pissed.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Gut feeling it doesn't get done. Mackenzie and other reporters say TB pulled out last minute because they didn't feel they got enough for Marty. #saveface

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
Wishful thinking, but seems like the deal's framework is done, so the only holdup I can imagine is Yzerman shopping the package around to make sure he can flip it for something he wants.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
This ****ing day man. This ****ing day. Even if Marty doesn't get traded today, this will hang over me and most likely the locker room until the offseason.

Hoping if we have to take Callahan and some picks, we can flip it for some D.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm surely in the minority, but fire Yzerman and keep Marty. That's a better deadline deal. How far are we going to go in letting him kill the franchise?

One of those guys wants to be here. Guess who.

It's not Marty, that's for sure.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
And? He's handcuffing the ****ing team. Saying he'll only go to NY gives Yzerman no options - he either lets this locker room cancer fester or gets value for him.

Look, our window for winning the cup isn't next year anyway, it's 3-5 years from now most likely. Cally and two picks may do more for that than Marty would.

Seriously, **** that. My Marty jersey is getting mothballed until he retires.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
If you have to trade him, I'd understand but for what? Callahan and a 1st? That doesn't even make the team better. It's worse off by far.

And if he's been negatively affecting the locker room? If you don't trade him today and he causes problems with the kids?

I don't know if those things are happening or not, but it certainly seems likely. All signs point that way.

If that's true, then this is all MSL's fault. All of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->