Confirmed with Link: MSL traded to NYR for Ryan Callahan, 1st (2015) and 2nd (2014) round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
Pretty disrespectful to the team that gave him a chance, the fans that supported him for over a decade and the people involved with his kids hockey but that's not surprising coming from that *******. I can only hope the Rangers get eliminated quickly and the media tears into MSL and he spends the last year of his career being crucified in the press and by the fans with his legacy tarnished in both Lightning fan's and the league's eyes.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Am I the only one who thinks it's not really that big a deal? He was talking about his kid. I'm no expert, but the bigger hockey tournaments are done in the north.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
The second quote isn't what pissed me off.

What did then? The playoffs in a big market thing? I'd imagine it is pretty cool too. That being said, Marty has left a sour taste in people's mouths. This quote does not inspire such within mine. I'm more mad at him quitting midseason on a team he was the CAPTAIN of all because he didn't make the hardest team to make in the world, and he got on it eventually anyway.

Anyway, this thread is starting to bug me.

dead-horse.gif

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
That second quote is about his kids playing competitively though. So a little out of context.

Still. F## that guy. :rant:

Yeah, was going to say context matters on that last quote. For that, I don't blame him one bit. If you want to make it in hockey, staying in Florida as a youth isn't how, sadly.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
I lived in N.Y. for three years in that time i may have met a handful of hockey fans, that was my experience anyway. Also rarely would I see Ranger or Islander gear walking the streets. Thats not to say they're not there its just not as abundant as you'd expect, not even close in fact.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/list/sports-columns-mfennelly/fennelly-vinny-is-still-a-keeper-20140411/
Something strange is about to happen.

Vinny Lecavalier, Brad Richards and Marty St. Louis are playoff bound.

They might even face each other.

And not one of them is on the Lightning.

“It’s pretty amazing,” Lecavalier said. “You never thought of that five years ago. Or even last year. Obviously, Marty going this year is kind of a shock, for me and a lot of people. ... Times and things change.”
Back to the Marty trade ...

“It was definitely weird,” Lecavalier said. “I remember texting Brad and saying imagine if this goes through — he’s the last guy.”

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I still can't believe it. Marty was the last guy I would have thought who would request a trade from the team. But it goes to show you that you never know in this crazy ****ing world we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad