Confirmed with Link: MSL traded to NYR for Ryan Callahan, 1st (2015) and 2nd (2014) round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
St. Louis makes it 1-0 for NY just 4 minutes in. He now has 1 goal and 2 assists so far in the playoffs. Gotta give credit where it's due that little ****er is a playoff performer.

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
St. Louis makes it 1-0 for NY just 4 minutes in. He now has 1 goal and 2 assists so far in the playoffs. Gotta give credit where it's due that little ****er is a playoff performer.

Yep, I can imagine the series might look a little different if we had him right now..

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
This may sound like im "salty" but anyways even tho he has 3 points I don't think he's been that good. 1 secondary assist and a assist where he got his shot blocked and went right to a teammate

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Just tuned into this 1 so idk how he's been but he looks better today. First game he was turning the puck over alot but we could use him...

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Lightning 12-4-4 after acquisition of Callahan. No reason to look back at MSL trade. It was good for the Bolts organization and we are better for it. I'm rooting for Marty now...lets get Rangers to the ECF and grab that first rounder!

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Lightning 12-4-4 after acquisition of Callahan. No reason to look back at MSL trade. It was good for the Bolts organization and we are better for it. I'm rooting for Marty now...lets get Rangers to the ECF and grab that first rounder!

Ya, this exactly. The trade happened, and we need him to do well for the Rangers, cause having a second 1st rounder is worth a lot. Even a late one has a ton of value.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
The Lightning would probably be in better shape in this series if MSL was still around but I always comfort myself with the fact that it's not the Lightning's fault that he's not around anymore. Frankly, that was his decision to do that.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
Should shut this thread down. Who really cares about this loser anymore, no need to stalk him like a crazy ex

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
MSL should've came to the habs. Bergevin could've given the Lightning a 1st, a 3rd, and Gallagher... daym, imagine the Habs scoring lines with Vanek, Patches, MSL, Plekanec, and Briere... daym, but there was no way Bergevin was going to make an offer.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Thats an amazing trade. MSL is good but hes getting old. Callahan truly has a heart for competing and the two picks are more than just cherry on top of the icing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Well Callahan should have at least one goal now. F'ing refs.

palat is our best defender, flipper number two callahan three.

I get people said things upset this weekend but I got words for them:)

We dont need callahan to score all the points we need him to do what he does night in and out though. First two games flipper injured palat not himself and out callahan becomes number one tyjo two and brown three.

All good but the other two healthy bring a whole nother equation as we saw last night:)

Callahan does so much more screening the goalie whose to say purcell gets his goal or carle without callahan there? Not sure he was just pointing it out.

He is one of our top 5 best players every day and night anyone saying otherwise just doesnt know much on real hockey and should maybe become a fan of curling or something more to their mentality just my two cents:)

We need callahan or a cheaper version who works as well as he does. I am all for 6 times 6 cause he makes us that much of a better team never takes a shift off.

Anyone who is down cause he has no goals whatever. We played like dog crap two games and were missing two healthy vital players even though one played almost an entire game and the other played both they were not whom they are:)

We saw the difference yesterday. Is all good stevie is running things not some fickle fans who couldnt run a kids tee ball team.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yeah another big fat loss. :shakehead

We played by far our best game. We shouldnt have lost and dont deserve the loss for that one honestly.

It happens I wont blame everything on the refs they for sure didnt help:) but we played lightning hockey for the first time this series in my opinion.

We play like that anything is possible to be honest.

I dont know how I feel for tomorrow I can see a big lindback train wreck and that would suck. Cause we might just not continue to play as well as we just did.

We still have a chance just got to knuckle down hope everyone forgets that game and do what we did. Play a little harder and smarter give just a smidge more on effort.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I've been wanting this thread to be closed for a while, but I think it's an absolute joke that he's nominated for the Lady Byng. A captain who bails on his team in the middle of the playoff hunt over a tiff with his boss is gentlemanly?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I've been wanting this thread to be closed for a while, but I think it's an absolute joke that he's nominated for the Lady Byng. A captain who bails on his team in the middle of the playoff hunt over a tiff with his boss is gentlemanly?

Ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

6 more posts!

Yeah what a charade. I'm not questioning his playing ability because he's still one of the best but he's not deserving the Lady Byng Trophy. I guess off-ice behavior doesn't count for the Byng nomination.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If the hockey gods truly believed in Karma and what goes around come around, Tampa would be up 3-0 in this series, while the Rangers would be down now 0-2 in their series, Callahan would have 2 hat tricks by now,and MSL would have no goals and a - 8 rating. But nope, Cally scores his first goal to put Tampa ahead, and it is disallowed. screw that, lol.

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
If the hockey gods truly believed in Karma and what goes around come around, Tampa would be up 3-0 in this series, while the Rangers would be down now 0-2 in their series, Callahan would have 2 hat tricks by now,and MSL would have no goals and a - 8 rating. But nope, Cally scores his first goal to put Tampa ahead, and it is disallowed. screw that, lol.

Neither series is over yet. :naughty: And frankly, I want that NYR first rounder.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I get that it's a joke but why would a whole team be punished because 1 guy not even initially from their team wanted to be traded over there. :shakehead

Not to mention Tampa has been disgustingly bad even by our mediocre standards.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I get that it's a joke but why would a whole team be punished because 1 guy not even initially from their team wanted to be traded over there. :shakehead

Not to mention Tampa has been disgustingly bad even by our mediocre standards.

That's all it is, a joke really. As per the Rangers, they threw their captain overboard, over a NTC. I just feel Tampa and Callahan, deserve a better fate than MSL and the Rangers. That's all.

To note, Callahan was going regardless of MSL going there. Cally would of ended up in San Jose or Columbus if the MSL trade went south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad