Movies: Movies so bad you left the theater early.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
The only time I remember falling asleep at the cinema was watching Felicia's Journey. Must have dozed in and out of sleep like 3 times. Atom Egoyan was sitting two rows behind me. I was supposed to interview him afterwards. I ran.

Worst thing is that it's a very good film, I was just dead tired. And I missed the chance to meet one of my favorite canadian directors.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I couldn’t make it through dream catcher. The point where the dude shits out an alien eel into the toilet.

I hadn’t been feeling good going in. Felt like if I didn’t leave I was going to throw up.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The Last Samurai. Walked out a couple times but came back because I was there with a friend I didn't want to abandon.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
The Last Jedi. I know it's a silly space fantasy by default, but it is probably the stupidest movie I've watched for an hour and a half before I had to quit.

Avengers Endgame was a close call. Not because it was particularly bad movie, I just lost all feeling on my ass by the time it was over that I can't say I enjoyed the experience much. A rewatch at home when it was released on bluray was much better.

Cyrus

Jan 20, 2007
Calgary, AB
Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri. I know it was nominated/won awards, I know everyone else I talked to loved it. I was bored out of my mind and only stayed because I was seeing it with other people.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri. I know it was nominated/won awards, I know everyone else I talked to loved it. I was bored out of my mind and only stayed because I was seeing it with other people.
It certainly wasn't bad enough for me to walk out on but I thought this was a slog myself. Very disappointed as a fan of McDonagh. One of the more overrated movies of recent years IMO.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Yeah, Three Billboards is a disappointment. Slog and overrated are the right words to describe it. I did not walk out, but I was definitely bored by it.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I've done it 3 times:

Star Trek Into Darkness
The Avengers (1998)
The Social Network

Last edited:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
What if you were forced to leave? During the film festival, Okja started 25 minutes late because Netflix forced the organizers to complete the red carpet, so I had to skip the last 20 minutes in order to rush to the next theatre. I was disappointed to miss the Q & A with Bong Joon-ho too.

The other time was The Dead Don't Die, when the fire alarm at the mall the theatre was in went off. It was a false alarm, but the movie continued to play when they asked everyone to leave, and there continued to be a big flashing white light even after we were allowed to go back into the theatre, so I just left. I missed too much to play catch up, and that light was a big distraction. At least I got a free voucher out of it, but to this day, I still have not seen the last half of the movie.
:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad