Movies: Movies so bad you left the theater early.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Everyone's got their own tastes but this is one of the most shocking answers I've ever seen lol. I would get Inherent Vice though.

For me I've never walked out of a theater or stopped watching something I've like exclusively paid for. I've changed other things quickly though like on Netflix. That movie Polar I stopped watching after the opening scene.

I think it’s my only super-contrarian movie opinion. For whatever reason, PTA just doesn’t do it for me. I really liked “There Will Be Blood” but that’s all.

I remember reading up on The Master after I left because I just couldn’t understand how I could dislike something from such a critically acclaimed dude. It had a lot of deep rooted psychology themes didn’t it? Maybe I should give it another shot but it seemed like either a lot went over my head or I didn’t like what he was trying to do.

When I think of that movie I just think of Amy Adams jerking off Phillip Seymour Hoffman :laugh:

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
maybe but I was on a date and we weren’t in the mood

Fair enough. I once saw a couple made out through the whole Austin Powers Goldfinger movie. That was the first time when I realize that anything can get a couple to go.
:laugh:

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Only movie I walked out of was "Titanic. Till this day I don't get the hype.
Almost walked out of "Ad Astra" and thought about leaving "The Lighthouse".
Fun fact, Titanic is the only thing to have given me knightmares as a kid, between you and me it was when the people got trapped in the Engine Room.... but otherwise I'm claiming it was because of "My Heart Will Go On"

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
The Wolfman.... worst movie I've ever seen in the theatres. It was so damn rotten AWFUL

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Never walked out of a movie, but the closest I got was watching Miami Vice. What a boring movie that was.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I was already out of my seat and headed to the bathroom when Matrix Revolutions was doing that final exchange. What a joke that ending was.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The second half of the Day After Tomorrow. I vaguely recall a flying limousine with a backdrop of an exploding whitehouse for the first part of the movie (who wouldn't hang around for THAT???) Once the explosions died down I checked out of that boring crapfest

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Fair enough. I once saw a couple made out through the whole Austin Powers Goldfinger movie. That was the first time when I realize that anything can get a couple to go.
:laugh:
I don't remember the movies from when I found out firsthand what couples secretly do in the corners and back row, good times

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I've seen some really bad movies on theater but only one movie made me leave early:

Batman vs Superman. Don't know what I expected..

I rented that one in a hotel room with Mrs_NyQuil and we both fell asleep.

I've never fallen asleep having rented a movie or in the theater before or since.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Boondock Saints 2 was the only movie I snuck into and was also the only movie I walked out of.

member 157595

I think it’s my only super-contrarian movie opinion. For whatever reason, PTA just doesn’t do it for me. I really liked “There Will Be Blood” but that’s all.

I remember reading up on The Master after I left because I just couldn’t understand how I could dislike something from such a critically acclaimed dude. It had a lot of deep rooted psychology themes didn’t it? Maybe I should give it another shot but it seemed like either a lot went over my head or I didn’t like what he was trying to do.

You probably liked "There Will Be Blood" because that movie is f***ing awesome.

I think of that movie I just think of Amy Adams jerking off Phillip Seymour Hoffman :laugh:

Thanks for that wonderful image. I'm going to bathe in bleach now.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
The second half of the Day After Tomorrow. I vaguely recall a flying limousine with a backdrop of an exploding whitehouse for the first part of the movie (who wouldn't hang around for THAT???) Once the explosions died down I checked out of that boring crapfest

Wasn't that 2012?

I have never walked out of a movie before, but I have definitely fallen asleep during some awful ones.

Reactions: KCbus and romba

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I have a weird one.

In late 1993 or early 1994, my senior year of high school, the central Ohio area got bombarded with snow. We crammed all the snow days we DIDN'T have in the prior eight years of my childhood into one year. So many, that we had to make days up. For one of them, the school took a "field trip" to the mall to watch Schindler's List. For educational purposes.

As it was, we were only supposed to see the second and third reels of the movie, I guess due to time constraints. The projector broke, and to keep us there long enough to fulfill the requirement to count as a make-up day, they moved us next door to see Guarding Tess, which is one of the most godawful pieces of dreck I've ever been subjected to. Free of charge, and to this day, I feel like I should get money for being there.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Downsizing is a recent one.... however I stayed because at that point an hour of my life had already been wasted so whats another hour at that point?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Cloverfield

Was not prepared for shaky video on a big screen and left because I was feeling nauseous.

That just jogged my memory on the Blair Witch Project. I had to close my eyes for a minute out of sheer dizziness. I forget which Bourne movie it was, but I also had a headache from the shaky camerawork.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->