Movies: Movies so bad you left the theater early.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
What movies have you guys seen that were so bad you just said f*** it and walked out of the theater? So far I've only been unable to make it through three.

220px-Seed_Of_Chucky_2.jpg

AlexanderPoster.jpg

And the worst of the worst...
Envy_film_poster.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
We had a thread on this before

Anything I watch is usually a marvel movie or well regarded so it hasn't happened yet. These days you can look up reviews and it saves you the need to sit in a theater watching bad shit.

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Lots of movies I have fallen asleep to. Don't think I have ever left the cinema thought.
Fell asleep to LOTR 2 and 3 and I have never made it through JFK without sleeping (tried a few times).
No wait I did leave for Deep Blue Sea (really bad shark movie).

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
It happened once... Baby Boom.

Last edited:

member 157595

The Last Airbender
Van Helsing

That said, watching a pirated copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special was BY FAR the worst movie experience I've ever had.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
There are so few movies I actually get off my ass and go to a theatre to watch that they're always movies I've really wanted to see so that pretty much never happens these days, especially with masses of information about everything available with the push of a button. I just don't know how you'd end up in a theatre watching a movie and realize it's so awful you can't stand to be there now with teaser trailers, advance reviews, and websites like Rotten Tomatoes out there. I can see turning a movie off halfway through if you're sitting on your couch and randomly grabbing things from a streaming service, but to go to a theatre and pay money without doing at least a little research? Yeah, no.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've done it only once and it was a long, long time ago. My friend and I walked out of Hot Shots! Part Deux. It wasn't really out of protest, though. We just weren't enjoying the movie and wanted to spend the time perusing the shopping center's music store, instead.

I've always been pretty selective with which movies I go to the theater for, but, before the internet, it wasn't always easy to find reviews. If I missed the review in the newspaper or missed the episode of Siskel & Ebert on TV, I might take a chance and go in blind. Nowadays, it's incredibly easy to check reviews, even on a phone. I won't see anything without doing so, so I'm never so disappointed any more that I would get up and leave.

Last edited:

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
LA Confidential and the last 2 LOTR films are good. LOTR 3 won Best Picture.

Guess it depends of your tastes. I know I wouldn't ever pay to watch something like LOTR.

It happened once... Baby Boom.

:biglaugh:I don't hate that film, but I understand how it could be a bore.

especially with masses of information about everything available with the push of a button. I just don't know how you'd end up in a theatre watching a movie and realize it's so awful you can't stand to be there [...] go to a theatre and pay money without doing at least a little research? Yeah, no.

Nowadays, it's incredibly easy to check reviews, even on your phone. I won't see anything without doing so, so I'm never so disappointed that I would get up and leave.

I'm the opposite, I never read anything about a film before going to see it on screen. I feel it lessens the experience by a lot.

Reactions: Amerika and kihei

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Once. Some Japanese anime film that wasn't very good and I got a text from a friend asking if I wanted to go get food. I also fell asleep during Ridley Scott's Robin Hood. An impressive bore.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Only one I walked out early on was Kingdom of Heaven, but it was an advance screening with what turned out to be damaged film that sorta ruined the point of sticking around late on a school night. Glad I got to see the extended cut almost a decade later.

Last film I wanted to walk out on was mother!. Went on a friend's recommendation, ended up hating it like few other films. Painful experience.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I'm the opposite, I never read anything about a film before going to see it on screen. I feel it lessens the experience by a lot.
I mean, I try to avoid spoilers or anything that would taint expectations, but I don't go in totally cold if I'm actually paying money for it. I want to have at least *some* idea of what it's about and who's in it. I really wouldn't be a happy camper if I just randomly walked into a theatre and sit down to discover I've just paid for something starring Rob Schneider or some turgid Nicholas Sparks rom-com.

I've been thinking back to the olden days before the internet was a thing, and I'm sure I must have walked out on something at sometime, but I can't remember what or when.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I never have done it that I can remember in a movie theatre, but I find it easy to do watching Netflix at home. The sense of occasion is totally different so what I can't seem to do in the one instance is easy as hell to do in the other. I chalk it up to human weirdness.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I mean, I try to avoid spoilers or anything that would taint expectations, but I don't go in totally cold if I'm actually paying money for it. I want to have at least *some* idea of what it's about and who's in it. I really wouldn't be a happy camper if I just randomly walked into a theatre and sit down to discover I've just paid for something starring Rob Schneider or some turgid Nicholas Sparks rom-com.

I've been thinking back to the olden days before the internet was a thing, and I'm sure I must have walked out on something at sometime, but I can't remember what or when.

When I was a student, I'd often pay the 10$ to get in at 1PM and watch 5 films in a row going from one to the other, not knowing exactly what I was watching. Nowaday, when I move my dead weight to the theater, it's usually because I know about the director.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
One of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, maybe the 3rd or 4th one? I had an awful head cold and the theatre we have is uncomfortable and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad