Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I like seeing so much chatter between Flames players. They're very much at work

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Smith has a good head, he made a nice play to slow things down. Put Butler in that situation he would have forced a pass and turn the puck over.

Aug 3, 2010
Hey Abbotsford Heat seeing as you watch the Heat games the most out of all of us, does Berra sometimes cheat like that in the AHL or is that a rare play for him?

I just hate seeing goaltenders cheat the shot/pass like that so I was wondering if it's a behaviour that needs to be coached out. Also, I understand he could be nervous (but doesn't show it) but still not an acceptable behaviour. IMO, outside of initiating a poke-check save, a good goaltender always needs to have the best eyes on the ice and the most patience.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Hey Abbotsford Heat seeing as you watch the Heat games the most out of all of us, does Berra sometimes cheat like that in the AHL or is that a rare play for him?

I just hate seeing goaltenders cheat the shot/pass like that so I was wondering if it's a behaviour that needs to be coached out.

Yes he cheated. He was also very good for 20 shots and Kane is a tricky one. Plus he was screened very well

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I just hate seeing goaltenders cheat the shot/pass like that so I was wondering if it's a behaviour that needs to be coached out. Also, I understand he could be nervous (but doesn't show it) but still not an acceptable behaviour. IMO, outside of initiating a poke-check save, a good goaltender always needs to have the best eyes on the ice and the most patience.
it's not a play I have seen too often from him

exeswiss

Jun 8, 2013
it was a tricky play he was well screened and i think he sensed the lone player on the left of him. so there 2 decisions (both with zero sight): 1. go to the left and may be shot right. or 2. stay at the right side and see the lone player shoot the empty net. both decisions have their risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad