GDT: Movember 3rd - Flames @ Blackhawks [5:30pm on Sportsnet West]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Yes he cheated. He was also very good for 20 shots and Kane is a tricky one. Plus he was screened very well
He's also 26 years old and not exactly a greenhorn to pro-level goaltending.
New to the NHL but there are always skilled players and screens in the AHL and Euro leagues as well.

I'm not saying he's a bad goaltender. I'm saying he should have stayed square to the shooter especially when it is Kane and he should have played positionally and square to the shooter.

Just not a behaviour I like seeing from any goaltender, Berra or otherwise. Glad to hear it doesn't happen often but I actually hope that goal against him reinforces the fact that he shouldn't be doing that.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
He's also 26 years old and not exactly a greenhorn to pro-level goaltending.
New to the NHL but there are always skilled players and screens in the AHL and Euro leagues as well.

I'm not saying he's a bad goaltender. I'm saying he should have stayed square to the shooter especially when it is Kane and he should have played positionally and square to the shooter.

Just not a behaviour I like seeing from any goaltender, Berra or otherwise. Glad to hear it doesn't happen often but I actually hope that goal against him reinforces the fact that he shouldn't be doing that.

I'll take this goaltending any day of the week. We're still in this game because of Berra.

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
true, the first 5 minutes were scary. galiardi's penalty shot, even though he didn't score, did seem to kinda wake the guys up though

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
I'll take this goaltending any day of the week. We're still in this game because of Berra.

He's actually having an easier time because of the players in front of him. The Flames have restricted the Hawks to perimeter shots and have been clearing the crease pretty well. He did well when the Flames **** the bed earlier in the second but again those were perimeter shots. It will be interesting what happens when the defence plan falls apart for shifts at a time and when the team goes against teams that crash the net more.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Colborne is starting to look like a poor man's Martin Hanzal. Physicality, some skill, big body, coming back defensively.

This newer version of him isn't bad at all. He's really adjusted quickly to having a different mindset from his playmaking/set-up style in the past.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Colborne is starting to look like a poor man's Martin Hanzal. Physicality, some skill, big body, coming back defensively.

This newer version of him isn't bad at all. He's really adjusted quickly to having a different mindset from his playmaking/set-up style in the past.

Not bad for a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad