Mourinho out

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Terrible news for EPL fans everywhere. I truly felt they had a chance to be relegated if they kept Mourinho the whole season.

Anyways, they should finish around 10th or so. Their roster still looks like crap.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
btw there are some reports that one of the reason he got sacked was all the bad PR from how he treated the female doctor earlier in the year and the ramifications from that

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
If you're saying that Chelsea will regret this move it means you're expecting them to be relegated with Hiddink. Cuz lower than 16th is right into a relegation place.

Simeone in the summer would be a great move for Chelsea. However, I'm not sure Simeone's style of play, his antics as well as his aggressiveness behind the bench would work in the EPL.

Great move for Chelsea, yes. Would it be a great move for Simeone?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
A change was required, simple as that. Mourinho had lost the dressing room quite clearly. The players, the staff and probably the board too. People don't understand the fans' loyalty, but what he achieved at the club put them on the European map, simple as that.

Chelsea have won four European trophies and Mourinho didn't win any of them

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
eva_carneiro_640x480.jpg

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Chelsea is going to regret this big time.

While I don't think he was perfect (far from it), I think Chelsea will regret this.

As long as they're out of the relegation zone at the end of the season, they will not regret it. When was the last time a big name coach has done as badly with a top team (roster+money) as Mourinho has this year with Chelsea?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh, Jose...where did it all go wrong?
How did he go wrong when he never had "it" in the first place?! He has NEVER EVER built a consistently winning club ever. I mean ever. He is a one hit wonder and disappears after that, majority of the time losing his players in the lockerroom from his own nonsense actions.

Terrible news for EPL fans everywhere. I truly felt they had a chance to be relegated if they kept Mourinho the whole season.

Anyways, they should finish around 10th or so. Their roster still looks like crap.
Agreed. I would have loved to see them relegated, but can't see it now...that team has too much talent to continue to lose to teams like West Brom, etc.

Counting the Community Shield. That's just sad.
Agreed, but Chelsea could have won it you know.

As long as they're out of the relegation zone at the end of the season, they will not regret it. When was the last time a big name coach has done as badly with a top team (roster+money) as Mourinho has this year with Chelsea?
Klopp last year with BVB, but Klopp is like five times the manager Moaninho is.

How good of a manager is Hiddink?!

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
My money is on Simeone getting the job next season.

Right move for the club though

You might as well kiss your money goodbye then. No reason for Simeone to leave right now other than money and he's likely already turned down money to stay at Atleti.

Chelsea is going to regret this big time. Not a Chelsea fan by any means, but he deserved more time than he was given. Keep him till the end of the season then re-evaluate. Mourinho won what, 9 or 10 trophies in the past 5 years? He is a great manager. Too bad.

What? For starters things were not really turning around at all and it wasn't looking like they would. any time soon. It's like I said a month or so back. Plenty of time to turn things around and get back up the league table. However it wasn't happening. If they're going to salvage something of the league season then the time was now. On top of that they've got a tough tie coming up in the CL that if they're going to do anything in then the time is now to get a new manager in so that by the time it rolls around they'll be top form to at least compete. And at the end of the day Mourinho is a disgrace to have running your team. Of course few associated with Chelsea seem to care in my experience, but he doesn't do them any favors.

9-10 trophies in the past five years? Not sure what trophies you're looking at, but I'm seeing 5 and I'd only consider 3 of those to be major trophies. If you look at the silverware he's won in his career it's all largely concentrated during the period where he managed Porto, Chelsea (the first time) and Inter. That should come as no surprise either when you put that all into context. Mourinho has proven himself to be one of the best managers out there over the past decade or so, but there is plenty of context around what he's won which is rarely factored in.

wait for it, next year Ancelotti will take over lol

Ancelotti should be hired right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad