Most underrated player in the NHL?

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
Clayton Keller
Rasmus Andersson
JT Miller
Drew Doughty (not talked about enough given how much of a horse he still is)
Joel Eriksson Ek
Dylan Strome
Travis Konecny

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Nick Suzuki. Nobody outside of Montreal fans watch the Habs so you see dumbshit takes on here like "he's terrible defensively" because some nerd looks at his +/- on NHL.com.

He's one of the better two-way centers in the league and will win a Selke one day.

Reactions: overlords

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Nick Suzuki. Nobody outside of Montreal fans watch the Habs so you see dumbshit takes on here like "he's terrible defensively" because some nerd looks at his +/- on NHL.com.

He's one of the better two-way centers in the league and will win a Selke one day.
60 point player underrated? They are a dime a dozen

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For Kempe, Id love to hear Kings fans opinion on this.

He's coming off of a 41 goal season, and before that 35. Currently leading the Kings in pts as well, but I never really hear aboht him.

dude worked on his shot three offseasons ago and came back a transformed player. Feisty, fast, goes to the hard spots, excellent two way game...not trying to give the Kings any ideas at this point because they love his shot on the wing but i'm always surprised theyd idn't try to move him back to C after trying out a million other players there. But I think it became apparent that putting his game on the side was better for him. I'd love to see him make a deep playoff run somewhere, he's got that clutch gene, and is better the more physically engaged he is. Definitely an underrated player over the last couple of seasons and maybe that plays into it, prior to that he was the typical 50-point enigma, gets hot then disappears. Now his A game is better and if he's not scoring he's still eminently useful. He can play any kind of game, prototypical top line winger.

Reactions: YAYSAY

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
If your on the first line or top pair, your not underrated, your unnoticed which is different.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Market bias is real. Dallas just isn’t sexy, but dudes like Wyatt Johnston are making more people take notice. I’m sure CBJ, Winnipeg, etc. have dudes who are stellar, but they aren’t on stellar teams. Kyle Conor isn’t worth the watch on his own, no one is hyping ‘em, so he goes underrated.

Reactions: FrankSidebottom

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
For the Rangers, I would nominate Vince Trocheck. He's been a low-end first line center since forever now.

Also, I always find myself surprised by the amount of goals Adrian Kempe has. There's no hype about it and then I see it and I'm like "wow, he's had a good season."

As an Oiler fan facing LA the last two playoffs Kempe is legit. Agreed though you don't hear much about him

Reactions: PuckG

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
In my mind, this guy is the most underrated player in the game: high end skill player, high intelligence, drive train, great skater, big game player, consistently overlooked, probably underpaid, zero superstar charisma with:

1x 50 goal season
2x 40 goal seasons
2x 90 point season
2 Stanley Cups
PPG in the playoffs

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
In my mind, this guy is the most underrated player in the game: high end skill player, high intelligence, drive train, great skater, big game player, consistently overlooked, probably underpaid, zero superstar charisma with:

1x 50 goal season
2x 40 goal seasons
2x 90 point season
2 Stanley Cups
PPG in the playoffs

Really? He's been mentioned as a top 10 center for the past few seasons at least if I'm not mistaken? I'd say that's fairly correct, seeing as he's never been able to replicate anything close to those numbers without being attached to Kucherov's hip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad